Genderless identity

Guest member25959

Guest member25959

Have you ever felt that you dont want to identify as a male, female or both? I wold make things a little awkward, as theres nothing we could really do about it?

Or have you ever felt that you hate gender, hating the use of gender and gender identity?

GhostsInThisMachine

Well I identify as neutrois - which basically is me identifying as not having a gender.

And yes, I find it awkward that, for now, there's not much I can do about people's assumptions of my gender identity. Just because I'm in a female body doesn't make me a girl =/

I look at gender as a social construction that I love to play with. I identify as girl AND boy and love to confuse people by sending out strongly opposite gendersignals like a short haircut with boots and a skirt. I feel more comfortable playing with gender structures and moving between genders then with the idea of being no gender at all. It fits me less somehow.

I identified as genderqueer for the longest time. If you look at my posts from before my extended vacation, I frequently talk about traveling all across the gender spectrum, etc. I don't believe in a gender binary and I don't like to gender my actions/traits/etc.

That being said, society doesn't work like that. It's extremely frustrating. For the sake of my mental health I decided to "sort" myself for convenience when needed, which is why I generally present as male, etc.

Though the best gender-related compliment came from AntiBubble, who told me that she thinks that I am my own gender, haha. :cake: for her.

KayleeSaeihr

I'd say it's as natural to have no gender identity or a genderless identity as it is natural to be asexual :)

I identify as neutrois, which to me is a gender identity and is just as much having a gender as male, female, androgyne, bigender, and anything else.

Another neutrois here. But I don't actively show it or sth. Just wear what feels comfortable and behave how I feel like at the time. It's more like gender doesn't play a big part, something that you know it exists but actually have to make your brain think of it instead of being intuitive about it.

I'm genderless. I don't identify with any gender, and my body obviously doesn't match my gender identity, or rather lack of. But I like my body, even though there're things I would like to change. Sometimes I feel like I want to be male, but when I begin seriously thinking about it, I change my mind. Even wearing 'androgynous' clothes make me feel 'freaky'. Sorry for the off- top.

And yeah, as Puri said below.

purissimus

Another genderless here. Just because I identify as one, doesn't mean I hate all the gender stuff. Some of it is annoying though.

cap'n shmazz

I guess, I might be some kind of neutral. But more likely it's just me messing with gender roles or something like that.

But I do feel sometimes that I cannot relate to girls, and I cannot relate to boys, so I just kind of combine the things I do relate to.

and by relate, I mean "feel like". not necessarily relate as in emotions or whatever.

I'm not really "girlish" and I'm not really "boyish" and I like being this way. I don't identify with either and up to this point, have hesitated to label myself as anything.

I think more than anything, I hate the notion of someone trying to pigeonhole me. I don't like someone making assumptions and telling me how I should act or dress or talk. To me, that extends outside the realm of sexuality or gender.

mad_scientist
Have you ever felt that you dont want to identify as a male, female or both? I wold make things a little awkward, as theres nothing we could really do about it?

Or have you ever felt that you hate gender, hating the use of gender and gender identity?

Yep.

I don't "identify" as anything. I mean, I guess I identify as female in that I'm (biologically) female, so people assume I'm female and the issue never comes up. But gender stereotypes confuse and ammoy me -- I don't "feel" male, female, or androgynous; I feel neither in sync nor out of sync with my sex. It's a body and it happens to be female... what of it?

• 2 weeks later...
I don't "identify" as anything. I mean, I guess I identify as female in that I'm (biologically) female, so people assume I'm female and the issue never comes up. But gender stereotypes confuse and ammoy me -- I don't "feel" male, female, or androgynous; I feel neither in sync nor out of sync with my sex. It's a body and it happens to be female... what of it?

Me too and i am biologically male. I just know that there is another sex called female, other than this the issue never comes up in my world atleast. But I dont understand how someone can feel gender. I have other work besides and am into science rather than philosophy and your quaint thoughts and feelings. I feel neither in sync nor out of sync with my body and gender stereotypes annoy me too but that's only for my political views. I just dont get anything of these. A body is a body- an integument of a person whoever you are. What this issue of feeling gender and wanting to change bodies it's intangible to me. You people may do whatever you want but don't now call me genderless/neutral/bigender and all just beacause I don't feel gender. I just am more socially oriented and don't want to mess up things for myself- I want people to simply call me what my sex is.

Min Farshaw

Gender identity and gender roles are two different things though. I don't particularly "feel" male or female, nor really know what it means to feel gender. I don't subscribe to gender roles or stereotypes at all as far as behaviour goes, and would love to see the day when such outdated and illogical ideas are laid to rest. That doesn't mean I'm neutrois though - My gender identity is pretty strongly female.

Archived