Confused

po1959

Hey there, a little new, saw this while looking up on google if anybody had any similar problems as me...

So i am a 16 Year old boy, my whole life ive had the casual thoughts thta everybody has "Hmm, Wonder what its like to be a girl" But lately Ive Read up on the story of Kim Petras, and i really got thinking, If perhaps im not really as male as ive been going up to be. Anyways, Fairly recently (past 2 weeks) ive been having major anxiety attacks about my life and weather i should try to accept being a male or make the effort to become female.

Ive noticed a few things about myself, Im not a crossdresser, Ive never done such things but i feel as though i would be more comfortable in a female wardrobe, I think about the Vanity areas such as hair and make up, and it seems very appealing to me. Ive lately realized that some of my actions in my life are quite femanine and i havn't quite caught it before. I always see on television shows that have pretty girls and my only thought its i wish i was them, Or even in real life when i see a beautiful girl all i can think is i wish i was her, Its a major case of jealousy. Id like to say now that i in no way have an attraction to males, But am attracted to females. Id feel thered be more of a relationship with my mom if i was a female rather than being a male. I say this thinking because right now my life is in a rut, Ive been unable to think, And all i can think about is if a SRS is neccisary and i can't think clearly anymore along with the major anxiety as ive already explained. I sort of told my mom to a minimal extent that i often have thoughts about what my life would be had i been female. But i didnt' really put her on full board But i did suggest i go see a phychiotrist (excuse my spelling throughout this thread) And talk about how i feel with my life and such.

But this isn't much in depth of what i see but i envy all the gender challenged people taking a stand and dealing with their sex.

But post your thoughts, Try not to judge :rolleyes:

I was also wondering on the look of of the SRS, stating that you have to live as the specified gender for 1 year, Is your body/face altered for that 1 year to be femanized? such as facial work, and etc etc. (excluding the reproductive organ)

Adding to this, Bottom line is, At this very moment I feel strongly about becoming female than being male, I don't know if this is a phase but the anxiety makes me think otherwise because if i were to deal with my problem id want to do it as young as possible

Firstly, welcome po1959.

From the information you've given us, it sounds like your gender may be different from your biological sex: but noone can tell you that for sure; it really is something you have to figure out for yourself. I get the impression that you've identified this, but are unsure of what to do about it. Again, this is something only you can work out for yourself.

Seeing a doctor is probably the best action at this stage (not because there is anything wrong with you: there isn't) but because they're someone you can talk to about this face to face, and will be able to give you some real advice depending upon what you really want.

Whatever you do, best of luck.

EDIT: I wrote this before your second post, so you might want to take it with a grain of salt!!

Firstly, welcome po1959.

From the information you've given us, it sounds like your gender may be different from your biological sex: but noone can tell you that for sure; it really is something you have to figure out for yourself. I get the impression that you've identified this, but are unsure of what to do about it. Again, this is something only you can work out for yourself.

Seeing a doctor is probably the best action at this stage (not because there is anything wrong with you: there isn't) but because they're someone you can talk to about this face to face, and will be able to give you some real advice depending upon what you really want.

Whatever you do, best of luck.

EDIT: I wrote this before your second post, so you might want to take it with a grain of salt!!

Hehe thanks

Hello :)

I think seeing a psychiatrist (open- minded, who isn't against transgendered people) is a good idea.

I'm not an expert here but maybe you should try to wear make up and 'girly' clothes at home (when you're alone, so you don't worry what other family members will say) and see how you feel...

Good luck :)

Hello :)

I think seeing a psychiatrist (open- minded, who isn't against transgendered people) is a good idea.

I'm not an expert here but maybe you should try to wear make up and 'girly' clothes at home (when you're alone, so you don't worry what other family members will say) and see how you feel...

Good luck :)

Would seem extremely weird But it seems like a decent idea, Thanks for the opinion :)

To add on to Vei*Sha's suggestion- try to find a Gender Therapist, someone who specializes in trans issues. This has a good list of them. The site itself is also a good trans resource, you should check it out, maybe try the forums if you feel like it.

This is also a good forum for trans issues, and focuses on the non-binary, although there are FtMs and MtFs and cispeople on it.

To add on to Vei*Sha's suggestion- try to find a Gender Therapist, someone who specializes in trans issues. This has a good list of them. The site itself is also a good trans resource, you should check it out, maybe try the forums if you feel like it.

This is also a good forum for trans issues, and focuses on the non-binary, although there are FtMs and MtFs and cispeople on it.

sadly im in canada , thanks anyways :D

Archived