Liz Lemon on 30 Rock

zwitterion

zwitterion

I was watching 30 Rock (the episode "Gavin Volure"), and, at least from this episode, it can be assumed that Liz is probably ace.

Quotes from the episode:

Liz Lemon: Gavin Volure just called and asked me out... I mean in. For the weekend.
Jack Donaghy: I thought he might. He asked if we were involved. I said you used to have a thing for me, but you were getting over it... That is what's happening, right?
Liz: Yeeeahh... Listen, I kinda told him I'd go.
Jack: You should. What's the problem?
Liz: I don't know. I'm still tired from that dinner. And meeting someone new? Ugh, all the nodding, and smiling, and sibling listing. And what's the upside? It works, and you have to have a bunch of sex?
Jack: Lemon, what do you want? Do you want to be alone for the rest of your life?
Liz: No, I just wish I could start a relationship about twelve years in, when you really don't have to try anymore, and you can just sit around together and just goof on tv shows and then go to bed without anybody trying any funny business.

Liz: So, with your agoraphobia, how does this... work?
Gavin: Well, it's... not easy. We can never leave the house. And we'd probably just sit around all weekend and watch tv.
Liz: Go on.
Gavin: There's not much to do around here but eat, and read celebrity gossip on the internet, and nap the day away.
Liz: Reeaally?
Gavin: And, unfortunately, because of my phobias, we could never be... physically intimate... I know... What woman would want all that?
Liz: Ummm! biggrin.gif

I can't remember if there's anything that has been said of happened that negates this conclusion. I have trouble remembering what goes on on 30 Rock, cause I really only watch it for it's hilarity.

2015 Edit - For future referemce, the video is in the spoiler. The quoted conversations start at 6:50 and 8:35.

There was quite a bit of discussion a while back about Liz possibly being asexual (I forget which episode it centred around).

It's all been undone in the last few episodes of season three though.

Edit: Your location makes me smile.

zwitterion

Oh yeah, with Jon Hamm. It's shocking how fast I can forget this stuff, lol (had to wikipedia it). She could be demi- though, I guess.

Edit: Your location makes me smile.

Thanks! :D

Oh yeah, with Jon Hamm. It's shocking how fast I can forget this stuff, lol (had to wikipedia it). She could be demi- though, I guess.

I suppose it's possible.

I remember there being a bunch of other jokes after the Hamm arc that suggested to me that she wasn't asexual. I can't remember what they were now though.

I'm not overly concerned one way or the other though. If she is, great. If she isn't, it's still an amusing show.

zwitterion
I remember there being a bunch of other jokes after the Hamm arc that suggested to me that she wasn't asexual. I can't remember what they were now though.

I thought maybe. You know with how many writers comedy shows have, you can really think of it like she was asexual for that one episode, cause it shure did seem it, lol.

I'm not overly concerned one way or the other though. If she is, great. If she isn't, it's still an amusing show.

Agree.

silentdreamer

I remember thinking the same thing after watching that episode. It's a hilariously crazy show though, so no character seems to be in any set way from one episode to another. Liz might have been ace just for the comedy of that episode :mellow:

Archived