"Asexual Predator"

EGAD!

Lord Happy Toast

To me, it's not really clear what "asexual predator" means. Is it someone who preys on asexuals? Is it someone who preys on others in nonsexual ways? Is it some sort of asexual humanoid hunting the governator? Alas, the ambiguity of compounds.

erm actually there is alittle description-y thing on the side, which makes it pretty clear the t-shirt designer has 'asexual' confused with 'autosexual'.

Guest EGDingaSofa
erm actually there is alittle description-y thing on the side, which makes it pretty clear the t-shirt designer has 'asexual' confused with 'autosexual'.

thanks Friday. I was thinking they couldn't be so stupid as that. But realized yeah that's what the message was... and I guess just because I've been on AVEN so long... I see these terms as very different.

LOL and rolls eyes.

*sigh* are people out there ever gonna get it right? -_- Well at least the word 'asexual' has made it's way onto t-shirts that aren't from aven...though it is giving people a false impression about what asexuality really is <_<

mort paradis
I've always been a big fan of victimless crimes, and auto-erotica has to be one of the best. Don't hate...masturbate!

There's the description the site has on their shirt, I think it's pretty obvious that type of message and confusion the maker is conveying.

carried in bags

i didnt like that shirt.

i like the term "asexualy active" ive yet to use it, but shall when i get the chance to describe myself

Lord Happy Toast

I'm going to stick with my original view that the meaning isn't clear. To someone who has read the description on the site, it may be clear what is intended. However, for someone on the street seeing someone wearing the shirt, they're not going to see the website, and their interpretation isn't going to be based on that. Thus, for the majority of interpreters of the shirt, the meaning is entirely unclear. If the site's intended meaning isn't clear to most interpreters, I don't think we can limit the meaning to the site's intended one.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I still favor the "alien who doesn't experience sexual attraction is hunting the governator" reading.

Archived