AVEN crushes?

Shockwave

Hehe.....ironicaly sadly enough Xandrew, crushes are one way factors. Most of the time you never end up having enough gutts to tell the person you have a crush on about it. And unless you never tell that person you will always keep wondering , what if? Although I know also that you remain with the fear of embaracing yourself when you tell that person or how that person will react.

How i know? Cos all my life has been about crushes :roll: ......only once got enough courage to confess to the person, and ended up hurt, so i basicaly maintained my coward position :lol: lol.

I identify with that very much, Black Onyx (I love your new av, by the way, you're very handsome). I've only had one way crushes and they're frightening and ... well, just frightening.

And as for the hanging out in a classy restaurant, sipping red wine--any time! :D

Cate

* Ironicaly enough also Zeniu13, when last reading yur post you replied me on the "pics and avatars"subject I posted i also kinda thought: hey what a cool guy. Wished i could have hanged out with ya and stuff 8) . I pictured like hanging out outdoors, maybe some fishing, camping, kayak, just gud ole time nature adventure!

If you ever come to Utah, Black, look me up. I'll show you some beautiful places to camp. I haven't been fishing in a long time - I'd rather eat them than catch them.

I don't know why the hell I never looked at this threat until now. I must be slipping. Anyway, I've never had an AVEN crush, but, of course, there are a bunch of people I'd like to meet. Then again, I HAVE met some of you :wink: I wasn't sure how getting together with a number of people, none of which I've ever met in real life, would go, but it turned out to be fun :D For example, Gorax and I talked about rugby, and what could be better than rugby?! (sorry, I'm a rugby whore, I had to add that 8) ) Anyway, everyone was great, and you know who you are, so I think it would be fun to meet more AVENites too. Think about it... a room full of people, and if anyne actually asks you "What's your sign?" they'd actually mean it out of curiousity, not some corny pick-up line. Ahhh... great idea... I'm for a convention as long as its far away enough time-wise for me to save cash. I'm not really into Vegas though... I agree that a place known for prostitues, drunken weddings, and wasting money isn't exactly my cup of tea. Not that I like tea, because I don't, but you get my point.

*finally shuts up, for now*

Well....I'm currently in a little minor crush crisis of my own here.

And...i'll kinda have to work things out over time. I'll respond in about a year. I'll know then.

But as far as AVEN MEMBERS go....If i had to chose one...(SO MANY OF YOU!)...id have to to go with the queen of red 3683's. Like hell i'd openly come out and say it. You'll have to pick up on it....in a matter of speaking.

Whoa! Forgot about this one. Thanks to xandrew_phreak for the bump.

You and me both, Black.

*terrorizes shit with eyes*

I, for one, didn't realize that Tressa wanted this to be a 'scandalous-secret-love-outburst' thread.. but why not?

I like almost all of you very much, and I would love the opportunity to meet and talk to [almost] everyone.. but I do have my favourites.

They are, in no order:

Julie and Cate, for being the big sisters I might have had if my parents were older - I value your support and opinions always;

Greybird and cijay, for being the zany aunts - same as above, but you're way too old to be my sister (older than my parents, even!);

Tressa, for making me feel like we could really be friends, geography notwithstanding;

boa, for having lived so many lives and still kept his sense of humour and compassion - my fuzziest role model, fer sure;

Cameron, for unabashed and unrepentant optimism and friendliness;

and Keith, Xenius, Black Onyx, SGM, Fluffy, and Sheen, who I don't know that well yet but to whom I still feel very connected.

I like the rest of you, too, but I don't know you. Or I forgot you in my listing fervor. Y'know?

Awwwww. *hugs big little AVENbrother* :D

I do think of the board as family in a way. Some make me a little crazier than others--just like blood relatives. Maybe that's why I rarely get AVENcrushes. I've had a few flickers that way, but for the most part I feel like you're my aunts, uncles and siblings.

Cate

Tressa, for making me feel like we could really be friends, geography notwithstanding;

*Heart warms* Awwwww! I think you're a great buddy too. Together, I think we could rule the world. ;)

Regarding Cate's comment:

Well, yeah. Maybe I misunderstood the question. I don't have crushes, per se, on anyone here - maybe because everyone's so much older than me. (Even Tressa.) But, as the OP defined his thread:

"I wish I lived closer to you so we could hang out and get to know each other better. We could probably become good friends or even more."

my list applies.

EDIT: some extra words. And:

Addendum to the last bit, about people with whom I feel connected: sloppycoder. His description of his experience really sat well with me, and I come back to it often.

There have been a few times when I was reading the posts of a fellow AVENite and thought, "I wish I lived closer to you so we could hang out and get to know each other better. We could probably become good friends or even more." I'm not going to mention any names because...I don't want to.

I just want to know who else this has happened to (no need to mention names if you don't want to).

What you describe does not sound like a crush as I see it.

It's never really happened to me personally, but I guess that's because I've not been around here much, so I haven't had the chance to get to know you all that well. The people I've been crushing over lately, I've known for about four years. Um... see you in 2008, then? *laughs*

And yeah... I am kinda busy with these old friends and such. It's an odd feeling, since before I came here I thought of a crush as being something silly young teenagers have over people they barely know (this has never made sense to me). But I guess it's sorta what I'm doing now - saying it is hard, though. I told a girl last April and it ended in embarassment - fortunately we're still friends. Went for another girl recently and sorta accidentally outed a couple of weeks ago - that was freaky, but she seemed to accept it. That's making me feel odd in a way - happy that there's no awkwardness this time, but fear that things are going too well because nothing's going wrong yet, and that it HAS to some day. I'm a terrible pessimist, but it's never gone right yet, so maybe it's okay to be jumpy. I have this sorta fear of scaring the other person, really.

On the other hand, the girl I crushed over in April said that even though she wasn't sure what to make of it, that it was better that I say so than I keep quiet - and I guess she's right. All this crushing is really quite painul sometimes, probably because I'm so overemotional... okay, I'll shut up now...

Davey: I'm very warmed by your sentiment, and happily return it in kind. You're a very important part of my AVEN family here, and I wouldn't give you up for the world. :) You're a wonderful person whom I deeply respect and appreciate.

Thanks Davey!

I think....I know there is another Cameron around here...i just don't know who he is? So...I hope i'm not getting this confused with my name...Huh....but alot of people do use those words

Cameron, for unabashed and unrepentant optimism and friendliness

(maybe not exact words...but the same point) about me....So....if it is me...Thanks....if it's not...BOOYA! This means that anyone named Cameron must be ISANELY OPTIMISTIC!!! HOLY CRAP LIONS TOUR! or something. Kenya?

Anyway. Thanks! I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!

And i would have to say "YES" to your list. Pretty much...."YES". exept, i would with Bard here because HE'S THE MAN....and i would want to have at him with boffer swords. Cause...he's in the SCA...and he does that. And i like boffers!

Anyone else want to fence?

But....YES.

MUST WORK NOW!

AHH!! *runs away on fire...in a popcicle*

There have been a few times when I was reading the posts of a fellow AVENite and thought, "I wish I lived closer to you so we could hang out and get to know each other better. We could probably become good friends or even more." I'm not going to mention any names because...I don't want to.

I just want to know who else this has happened to (no need to mention names if you don't want to).

This has happened to me as well.

Awwwww ....

I am completely encased in the hypo-allergenic warm fuzzies!

It is the neatest feeling you could imagine, and I wish I could share it with all of you.

I can't think of any Avenites that I wouldn't like to meet, even some of the more obnoxious (ahem!) former ones (as long as they don't find out where I live!)

But how could I ever pick favorites? I am totally at a loss ...

Cate, Julie, Mindlife, Cijay, Davey, Xenius, Apollo Seek, Bishop, Fluffy, Tressa, Autumn, Knellotron, Black Onyx, Karl, Laura, Forbidden Fury, Gorax, Zorui, Jim Dandy, Basenji, Kapsberger, Kez, Wombat, Bard, Naissur, Aeirono, Kaw134 and Bonoboy, Starboy, Ellen, Ineptitude, Twice, Silent Crow ... Friends, it goes on and on ... and I KNOW I have missed some of you!

Each one of you is special in your own way and I would LOVE the opportunity to share time and conversation with you. It probably won't happen in any large way, but I still hold out hope that I may at least be able to meet SOME of you eventually.

Springfield IL in spring 2005 ..... Reno NV in spring 2007 ..... DFW area of TX ... probable within a year or so, but not currently scheduled ....

Aside from those times, I'm generally out in the woods and it's tough to meet anybody at all other that Sasquatch! (Who is not all that bad looking, by the way!) :lol:

-Greybird

Greybird and cijay, for being the zany aunts - same as above, but you're way too old to be my sister (older than my parents, even!);

Aww, my AVENephew. Yes, Zany aunt is it! Have you ever read/watched "AuntieMame"? But, my friend has sibs who are 22 years younger than him...but then again, his step mom is only my age.

This still all sounds like such a great plan and hopefully it'll happen and become annual or so.

BTW - the other Cameron is Cronos. He's working his ass off and was expected to be up here in Aug. but couldn't make it.

Mame is great! As is Travels with My Aunt with Maggie Smith based on the Graham Greene novel. Now she's a zany aunt.

Cate

Black Onyx - yay you're back! I missed reading your posts!

:D Hey Naissur9!!!! *huggs*

yeah im back babe!!!! On August 31st I left Curacao to move to Holland to study pychology. I am ofcorse in Holland now and now finaly i was able 2 get a pc and internet connection, so im back in the game babe!!! lol

ooh now i remember it was you; in the post I replied to Xeniu i said that i think I 4got about an Aven Crush, and that I will post it when i remember who it was. It's you, its more on how I view you. I luv yur pressence in this community and also the fact that I see you reply to many of my posts and i really see you as my lil sister following me around in the community and I like that ,lol. I hope I did not offend you by seeing u as my "lil"sister :oops: lol. I am a person who always love to be brotherly to others, so I view alot of poeple to whom I have connection with as 'lil"bro or "lil"sisters. I Even have some 30 years old friends who I feel brotherly about feeling asif they are my 'lil'sisters, evethough they are way more experienced than me when it comes 2 age. But its just i love to look after poeple in a brotherly way :wink: . And eventhough I am 22 I feel asif my souls is a thousand years old, i feel like an old man in a young mans body lol. Ok i have wandered way off the topic here, lol.

yur truly,

Big bro Black :P

How's Holland been?

i really see you as my lil sister...

omg, I have a brother! (I'm an only child in real life) *hugs my new brother* :D

Hi, I love this quote:

'But if George W. Bush isn't bad enough to motivate us to vote, what is?'

Can I borrow it? I have an online store that's just dying for some anti-fascist words of wisdom.

Best to all from hellothere :)

BTW: A convention would be cool. I wanted to go to the Democratic Convention this summer but no $, unemployed again, sigh...

Certainly, since I got it from a news story about the Log Cabin Republicans and how they're not supporting the Republican presidential candidate for the first time in 11 years.

Cate

endofthespiral
Vegas, anyone?

A convention in Vegas probably isn't a good idea, how many other conventions are going to happen on any given day. Not to mention if I personally were to come I would be to trashed to do anything but grab ahold of the ground to keep from falling off. Anywho, I don't think I would actuall go to an asexual convention not that I dislike you people nor is it the time, money, or place. It's just that I don't do the large groups of people thing, besides anything I go to that has large groups of people I usually get inebriated in some way before hand so as to deal with being around a lot of people (F.Y.I. never went to a football game, concert, gathering, or even school without being high as a kite).

endofthespiral

Sorry for the double post but I should clear something up, it's late, really late and I'm tired. I didn't read the message the whole way through, I could have come up with a better response if I had. I didn't even think there was more then one page to this topic, so yeah...chicken is good isn't it?

• 1 month later...
98slbrookes98

Not inmy case, no. I'd prefer to with a irl I know inteal life but I do have lots of good friends on websites.

I wouldn't say I have a crush on anyone here, but there's a lot of AVENites I'd like to meet. I'd be more enthusiastic about the convention idea but I really don't like big groups of people, they always me feel shy, insignificant and stupid. I'm more comfortable one on one or small groups of 3 or 4.

Anybody want to come to Bermuda?! :wink:

chalk up another one for crushes, especially the one-way kind. :D

too shy to name AVEN names, just hope that Providence will someday place people resembling my AVEN sweeties in my vicinity. (never thought i'd be an advocate for cloning, but perhaps on this one occasion... ;))

Archived