AVEN crushes?

Shockwave

Cate Perfect

Don't worry. The new amoebas are getting younger and younger. One day you, too, will be a big AVENsibling to someone. I promise. :D

Cate

twilight_at_dawn

I think I've missed this little fact, but when is aven's anniversary, and just how long has the site been around? I'd love to meet some of you people too, but meeting new people has always been hard to do...it's the stupid shyness thing -.-

Patience, patience young Jedi ...

If Muhammed cannot come to the Mountain, perhaps the Mountain shall come to him.

*looks at what I just wrote*

Oh CRAP!! :shock:

No more herbal tea for me tonight! That does it .... !

*heads for the roost*

-Greybird

I think I've missed this little fact, but when is aven's anniversary, and just how long has the site been around? I'd love to meet some of you people too, but meeting new people has always been hard to do...it's the stupid shyness thing -.-

Since May 29, 2002...I think.

Cate Perfect

LOL@Greybird!!

I know that if you have a microphone on your computer you can talk to people through AIM. Julie and I have done it. Just turns your computer into a big telephone. I don't know how it would work with several people. I imagine it only works with one at a time. That's *sort of* more personal than just typing.

Cate

twilight_at_dawn

I think in yahoo messenger you can open a group chat window with voice, so you all can talk to eachother..but I've never done it, so I dont know how it works

Silly Green Monkey

PCs can do that, but Yahoo won't let Macs use voice. I've been having lots of trouble with the conference rooms lately, either I can't see anyone or those who enter after me can't see me at all.

twilight_at_dawn

off topic question, but is your computer's problem perhaps the reason I can't see your avatar, or is that my computer's problem?

Silly Green Monkey

Unfortunately no, the problem with my av is that when we got the new computer and tried to copy everything over, some things got broken. Whenever we try to turn on personal web sharing, which would allow us to actually use the computer as a web server like we did before, it simply doesn't work. When we figure it out, I'll have an av again.

twilight_at_dawn

aw, well that must be annoying. My sympathies. Computers can be real terds. My last one...well let's just say it didn't like me. but that's way off topic. :D

Xeni, Cijay, Jules: :lol:

It all sounds fine to me, like I said, I'm just not a mover or shaker but I'm sure enthusiastic!

To the underaged...all I can say is that, God willing this one'll be a success and there'll be others. I don't know your parents but if you do approach them, make sure they know that a lot of us are old enough to BE your parents (I for one can be very boring and quiet when I get serious).

Cate Perfect

That would require them being out and their parents being accepting of their kid's asexuality, cijay. I don't know how many of the AVENteens fit those requirements. And I'm not sure 'some are old enough to be my parents' would fly with parents if they're of the mindset that everyone online is a child-molesting axe-murderer. *crosses fingers this one will be successful*

Cate

When I turn 21, and head off to 'merica for my semester at a uni overseas, I'm definatly up for a meet!

That'll prob be um.. July-Nov next year.

bard of aven
(speaking of, what is a group of asexuals called? a petrie dish?)

A pride of lions. A murder of crows. A culture of asexuals?

I haven't weighed in on this because I've had the honor of meeting a bunch of you, and I would love to have the honor of meeting another bunch of you, and it wouldn't much matter where it was, I could probably get there.

boa

That would require them being out and their parents being accepting of their kid's asexuality, cijay. I don't know how many of the AVENteens fit those requirements. And I'm not sure 'some are old enough to be my parents' would fly with parents if they're of the mindset that everyone online is a child-molesting axe-murderer. *crosses fingers this one will be successful*

Cate

Yup yup.

Cate

Absolutely. How many of our teens aren't out? I think Tressa is, even though her parents think it's just a phase. I wouldn't mind of the parents did background/police checks on me. Actually, because I do voluntary work I've had one done on me.

It's really annoying tho'. I mean, I know there are horror stories from the website but there have always been predators but shit pearents send their kids off with teachers, coaches, priests, scout leaders, friends' parents and there are plenty of cases of horrible things happening.

Anyway. As so many are enthusastic about it...it appears it's going to be approached as more than 'what if' or 'I wish' what say we move this to the meetup forum!

How many of our teens aren't out? I think Tressa is, even though her parents think it's just a phase.

Yeah, I don't even think they think it's a phase...I think they just think I blurted out "I'm asexual" in some temporary bout of insanity. ;) They're still asking me for my thoughts on guys and giving dating advice and whatnot. :P

And yes, my parents think EVERYONE on the internet is either a) going to get me raped, murdered, and baked into a pie or B) going to somehow find our bank account and take us for all we're worth. I had an Internet friend phone me once - didn't realize the 'rents were monitoring my calls. Woah, that one got me in trouble. Because, you know, geeky video game fans attending Catholic schools a country away are bound to actually be crazy serial killers.

I'm with cijay, if we could get a bunch of AVENites together (speaking of, what is a group of asexuals called? a petrie dish?)

Cate

This burning question must have been lurking in my subconscious mind because I woke up this morning with an idea about it.

If asexual lifeforms reproduce by budding, then a group of them must be called:

BUDDIES!

need.

more.

coffee.

-Greybird

I haven't weighed in on this because I've had the honor of meeting a bunch of you, and I would love to have the honor of meeting another bunch of you, and it wouldn't much matter where it was, I could probably get there.

The same applies here. Name your time, name your place.

no specific AVEN crushes... but crushes in general are cool. perhaps one of the most unfiltered (though complex) forms of attraction.

back to the questions....

You kiddin? Hell yeah! I personally think we should have an international asexual meet up day in at least 5 major us cities and at least one city in every other country....but....bah.

But...yes....yes i do.

• 2 weeks later...
There have been a few times when I was reading the posts of a fellow AVENite and thought, "I wish I lived closer to you so we could hang out and get to know each other better. We could probably become good friends or even more." I'm not going to mention any names because...I don't want to.

I just want to know who else this has happened to (no need to mention names if you don't want to).

Isnt that Ironic. I also wanted to start this posting once. *ponders why I did not post it *. Gud thing you posted it and reminding me about it , lol. Oh yes ofcorse I also have some Aven crushes. And I hav no trouble stating names thoug, how much would it hurt? :roll:

* Ironicaly enough also Zeniu13, when last reading yur post you replied me on the "pics and avatars"subject I posted i also kinda thought: hey what a cool guy. Wished i could have hanged out with ya and stuff 8) . I pictured like hanging out outdoors, maybe some fishing, camping, kayak, just gud ole time nature adventure!

* Miss Kate Perfect!! waow, i dunno in my mind i kinda picture her as a goddess in this site, lol. A Godess looking after us as a nurturing mother. How I would wish to be able 2 hang out with her at a clasis restaurant or any clasic place to hang out with lounge seats and clasical music playing in the background. Sipping on some red wine and talk hours about whatever, just as long as the convo goes deep. Ofcorse some sily convos are also so welcomed :lol: .

* Davey, cool dude! I only wish his eyes flash red just like it does in the pic of his. We could hang around in town and terrorize poeple like that!! :lol:

I think there is one person i forgot to mention, if i remember ill post it :P ....

those are my Aven Crushes :oops:

Black

I kinda wish I had an AVEN crush -_- tho i have enough real life crushes >_< tho nobody loves me back.... :cry:

Hehe.....ironicaly sadly enough Xandrew, crushes are one way factors. Most of the time you never end up having enough gutts to tell the person you have a crush on about it. And unless you never tell that person you will always keep wondering , what if? Although I know also that you remain with the fear of embaracing yourself when you tell that person or how that person will react.

How i know? Cos all my life has been about crushes :roll: ......only once got enough courage to confess to the person, and ended up hurt, so i basicaly maintained my coward position :lol: lol.

regards,

Black

Archived