AVEN crushes?

Shockwave

Cate Perfect

I don't think I could stand being some place drunk straight folks who've known one another ten minutes can legally wed.

Unless AVENites decided to form some sort of rational protest.

Cate

Cate Perfect

Mmmmm cheap hotels and food are good, but I would keep thinking, 'Britney Spears got married here and no conservative "protector of marriage" stepped up to say it demeaned heterosexual marriage!' Then I'd spontaneously go completely grey-haired. That might be fun for you all to watch, though.

Cate

i dont even think i can legaly enter the US...

for me to get a tourist visa to come to the states i need to start sending like loads of things, like bank account status and come for an interview and stuff... i really think its WAY too much work for the US...

so i dont think i could come... would love to visit New orleans though...

Cate Perfect

I didn't think you needed a tourist visa for a few days. I don't need one to go to England.

Cate

well, thats the difference between the UK and the US...

apart from 12 or so countries, all the rest have to sort out a visa BEFORE coming to the states...

Cate Perfect

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* *hates living in a facist regime*

Cate

I don't believe that the Discovery Channel documentary was even going to air in the US, was it?

Wish I could just pick up and go to some other state/country/continent. I would if not for that "school" thing. Also that "lack of money" thing.

If we want to go the cheap route we can reserve an entire campground by a lake for next to nothing (sometimes even free) for a weekend. Those who don't like camping out can get together and rent an RV or something. We could also get some boats and waterskis, wakeboards, etc. We have some beautiful mountain lakes around here where we would be almost alone.

Kombucha2000
If we want to go the cheap route we can reserve an entire campground by a lake for next to nothing (sometimes even free).

regardless of cost, I don't like the idea of meeting people for the first time in an isolated area such as the woods. I think the hotel/convention hall/room is safer.

Many campgrounds have hotels/motels on premises for us chickenshit city slickers. I don't even like RVs - I can't sleep if someone else is in the room, I've had my own room since I was 6 and lived alone for almost 20 years.

I'm up for Vegas - cheap flight/food/room is all appealling and I can deal with the drunken letches. I don't LIKE them but I'm used to them and if there's always somewhere to escape to and/or someone to escape WITH I could do it.

Biggest problem is that so many AVENites are in school, so we'd have to do this on a break time and that's when the crowds/prices are up. There ARE weekend get-away type things but then there's the money issue. (For me it's cheaper to fly to and spend a few days in Vegas than it is to go 300mi. west and stay in the Rockies! That ain't right!)

I also do a weekly sabbatical down to Anaheim the week before your Thanksgiving but I know that's not everyone's cuppa'.

I know I can get a meeting room for free that's close to hotels, motels, free campgrounds, restaurants (including a Cold Stone and a Krispy kreme), etc.

Sign me up if there are enough of us to make it worth it.

Edit: that doesn't sound very nice to say "if it's worth it"...what I MEAN is that if only 2 or 3 people want to do this then we can re-evaluate the wheres & whens :roll: , won't need a whole campsite.

Hm, Xeni keeps pushing locations close to him... ;)

What's your point, Fluffenheimer? Huh? Huh?

I only know what's close to me. If anybody else has suggestions let's discuss them.

Hm, Xeni keeps pushing locations close to him... ;)

What's your point, Fluffenheimer? Huh? Huh?

I only know what's close to me. If anybody else has suggestions let's discuss them.

FLUFFENHEIMER - I {heart} that!

Okay this thread has taken a strange turn. It went from asexual crushes to an international meetup to cute names for fluffy_hime. Speaking of which: Fluffybutter, Fluffymuffin, Nutterbutter, Fluffenstuff, Fluffenstein and, my personal favorite, ExcusemeIfluffed.

GOD yes.

(I'm BACK for about an hour.. maybe less..! So much has changed! Including Julie's avatar [which I LOVE, by the way]. I'm having a great time but missing you all. Which brings me to this thread.. [see above.])

There are a LOT of you I'd love to meet, and an excruciatingly large handful with whom I think I could become very good friends. I love the idea of a convention.. wait a while, though, so I won't have to get my parents to drive/fly me :mrgreen:

Sigh. Much love.

So much has changed! Including Julie's avatar [which I LOVE, by the way].

:D And I have only you to thank. I enjoy the comic very much.

We miss you, too, Davey!

Let's plan something for next summer, or maybe the next AVENniversary. Is that too soon for you, Davey?

Cate Perfect

Geez, I go to sleep for eight hours and all this happens. That's it. No more sleep for me.

Comments on the varied topics:

HI DAVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!! *waves frantically at big little AVENbrother in California*

Fluffenheimer! *dying!!*

I'm with cijay, if we could get a bunch of AVENites together (speaking of, what is a group of asexuals called? a petrie dish?) I would be up for something next AVENniversary. I could even deal with Vegas.

Cate

Archived