AVEN crushes?

Shockwave

There have been a few times when I was reading the posts of a fellow AVENite and thought, "I wish I lived closer to you so we could hang out and get to know each other better. We could probably become good friends or even more." I'm not going to mention any names because...I don't want to.

I just want to know who else this has happened to (no need to mention names if you don't want to).

Kombucha2000

Yes, I supose this has happened to me too, especially with AVENites that I have a lot in common with or just get along well with.

Cate Perfect

*sings to Julie* I know who yoooouuuu liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike. :D

I've known some people on AVEN I wish I could spend time with in real life, but usually people in my real life don't get to see me because I'd rather stay home. So...AVEN's better than the real world. (As if you all didn't know that.)

Cate

There are quite a few people I wish I could meet in real life. I'd love to visit the Great White North, for starters.

I still DREAM of the big convention that can somehow magically just "be", y'know? But yeah, there are some I'd love to hang with.

*wistful sigh .... *

*and raises hand*

There are many Avenites that I wish I could meet in person! It would be quite a good-sized list if I were to sit down and write it out. Just to be friends, of course, if we should turn out to be compatible, but to me friendship is very significant.

The thing is, it would have to be one or maybe two at a time, max. I go into "protective mode" in larger groups, and can barely even remember names when I'm introduced to people.

I often wonder what it would be like to be able to converse with another real, live human being without constantly having to be on guard lest I accidentally say or do something that sends a wrong impression. It would be such a paradigm shift ... I'm not even sure I could do it, to be honest.

It would be fun to have a chance to try, though. Maybe someday ....

-Greybird

Hmmm...Mapquest gives 8 hours and 9 minutes from Toronto in general to a particular town in Connecticut -- but I can't remember the specific 'burb of Toronto........

I still DREAM of the big convention that can somehow magically just "be", y'know? But yeah, there are some I'd love to hang with.

Ditto.

I haven't been here all that long but there's quite a few people here who I'd like to meet. :)

I think it would be really, really cool to meet the people whose posts I've been reading here. I think we could swing from some chandeliers together.

Kombucha2000

that would be sweet. I can imagine us wearing name tags of our screen names so that we can recognize each other :D

that would be sweet. I can imagine us wearing name tags of our screen names so that we can recognize each other :D

That's how I imagined it too.

I want to meet you aaall!

*thinks of convention and gives wistful sigh* I'll wear my name tag on my forehead... and it'll be made of neon green duct tape...

yea, there are a few people here i feel like i would have loved to get to know better, but much like Cate, it wouldnt really develop much as i hardly ever leave my home... and i dont really communicate with my freidns. But sometimes i do wish some of you lived closer so we could meet up.

And i also agree with Grey Bird... i think a convention would freak me out, as much as i'd like to meet everyone... i'd just start panicking. i need to do it in smaller dosses. hehe

Cate Perfect

I picture the convention the same way as the others have mentioned. I'd be the one with the stupidly long braids.

I know what you mean, Greybird. The first time I went to a gay club I kept thinking, 'I don't have to worry about the men here trying to pick me up...I can talk to the men here and they'll only think I want to talk to them...' I couldn't quite get my head around it. It took a few visits.

Awwwww, Tressa has an AVENfriend. *heart is warmed*

Cate

I'll be the one without the nametag :D

And don't worry you two, conventions aren't ALL in big rooms with a podium and mic at the front of it. There are some where you don't even know there are so many delagates around unless you go to the big function room, otherwise you choose the crowd and activities.

VivreEstEsperer

we should totally stage a national meet-up somewhere...maybe we can have a discovery channel documentary watching party when it comes out... (SOON as they said october and it's nearly september, is anyone else excited?!?!) ... we could totally meet somewhere...the only thing that's stopping us is money for plane flights....dang that money.

edit: national meetup...I should have said international meet-up! ... but the question is, what country would it be in? or perhaps we should do it by continent, or country.

we should totally stage a national meet-up somewhere...maybe we can have a discovery channel documentary watching party when it comes out... (SOON as they said october and it's nearly september, is anyone else excited?!?!) ... we could totally meet somewhere...the only thing that's stopping us is money for plane flights....dang that money.

edit: national meetup...I should have said international meet-up! ... but the question is, what country would it be in? or perhaps we should do it by continent, or country.

Kate, I have fantasised about this all the time. Area would probably be the best bet, unless someone WANTS to hop the water then that's fine. I would be able to make it to just about anywhere here, the US or the UK but I'm not a mover/shaker to get things organised.

Archived