AVENCakes

KayleeSaeihr

I'd buy an AVEN cake keychain or charm.

i think that it would be awesome to have a :cake: keychain...but how much would they costs? (i live in the us if that helps) :unsure:

i think that it would be awesome to have a :cake: keychain...but how much would they costs? (i live in the us if that helps) :unsure:

I want to figure out how much it'd cost for shipping (and am having a bad time with it D: ) But probably about $5 for the keychain, just to cover materials and all that- does that seem reasonable? And then a little more for shipping.

I'd by a cake charm and the triangle. Would I be able to attach it to other things like necklace chains and bracelets? And would I be able to pay with a money order (no Paypal here...)?

I'd by a cake charm and the triangle. Would I be able to attach it to other things like necklace chains and bracelets? And would I be able to pay with a money order (no Paypal here...)?

I think I can accept money orders, it might delay you getting it a bit. And if you want them to be in charms to attach to those rather than a keychain or anything else- let me know what you have in mind. I can set it up for that instead. As long as you don't get too crazy I can customize a good bit.

I would love to have both the cake and the triangle, but you see this charm here? That top rounded loop used to hang it on the chain, I'd rather something like that over a key chain. I'm in the US, so how much would that possible be?

I would love to have both the cake and the triangle, but you see this charm here? That top rounded loop used to hang it on the chain, I'd rather something like that over a key chain. I'm in the US, so how much would that possible be?

I'm still working out the shipping, as soon as I know I'll get back to you. When I start the official topic on this, I'll put up shipping info as well. I'm just seeing if there's enouhg interest to give it a go for now. ^^; So far the result seems positive.

Right now all I can get is that domestic it'll be under $5 (so less than $10 total) It owuldn't cost anything to use that kind of charm instead. Would a loop-thing like this be okay as well?

Yes, a loop like that would be just as good. Anything to keep it on a necklace chain, that's large enough to fit a chain through. :3

Niku-bot: That's do-able. :) The one I showed might be good if you want to put it on a bracelet, too, makes it a bit easier to attach where you want it.

To those who want to see a "prototype", we;re working on one. As it turns out we'll need a pasta maker thing for the icing so I'll be getting one tomorrow.

Example of the cake charm:

AVENcake.jpg

I'm still getting better at taking micro pictures and getting the focus right. This is unglazed, so not completely finished. Just picture this but shinier.

Is it edible?

Well, I don't think it'd kill you.... But I wouldn't suggest that. :D

What flavor would the AVEN cake be?

I have tried eating playdoh..many times. Especially those playdoh cakes, they look irresistable.

I have tried eating playdoh..many times. Especially those playdoh cakes, they look irresistable.

I ate playdoh as a kid... It tasted salty but didn't do anything but make it so I had no playdoh left. -_-

If this isn't allowed, please let me know, I asked an admin and they thought they were but weren't sure. ^^

No, we were not sure. We were expecting that you might use the emoticon that Live R Perfect created, in which case, he should have some say in it.

However, you pic of the keychain looks awesome, and is original. That should be fine (AFAIK). 8)

Cool.

If this isn't allowed, please let me know, I asked an admin and they thought they were but weren't sure. ^^

No, we were not sure. We were expecting that you might use the emoticon that Live R Perfect created, in which case, he should have some say in it.

However, you pic of the keychain looks awesome, and is original. That should be fine (AFAIK). 8)

Cool.

Thanks. :) If anyone has any complaints- just let me know. ^^

AFlyingPiglet

I see the idea is work in progress but I love the idea of it. Would be up for both the triangle and the :cake: but the :cake: made me lol so that might be my preference as a keyring. I live in the UK, so that might effect the price.

I see the idea is work in progress but I love the idea of it. Would be up for both the triangle and the :cake: but the :cake: made me lol so that might be my preference as a keyring. I live in the UK, so that might effect the price.

Yeah. Just the shipping price- I'm not sure by how much. I know it's relatively cheap to send domestic and can be more expensive to be international- but not too much. I'll have to get down to a post office and ask about this just to make sure.

wow...that looks amazing! what are you making the charm out of? for a second there, i thought it was a real piece of cake...then i saw the quarter! :lol: will you be making an AVEN triangle and posting a pic of it, like you did the cake?

also, is the material you're using very durable? because my key chains go through heck and i'm scared the little cake would break. and that would be tragic. :(

I don't think I'd be announcing that much if I were you... :unsure:

:lol:

But on a serious note, the cake charm looks great!!

wow...that looks amazing! what are you making the charm out of? for a second there, i thought it was a real piece of cake...then i saw the quarter! :lol: will you be making an AVEN triangle and posting a pic of it, like you did the cake?

Polymer clay. ^^ I'm glad it came out so well.

And I'm not sure if I will. When I actually post for taking orders of the actual keychains I'll make sure to get a whole, finished keychain up.

also, is the material you're using very durable? because my key chains go through heck and i'm scared the little cake would break. and that would be tragic. :(

The material is. I made a bead out of it once, tried to make it a keychain- the metal I used to attach it broke before the clay did. It wasn't a very sturdy metal, but I think they last pretty decently.

I love the cake and AVEN on the triangle. I'm in the US. I don't mind paying triple postage, I think you'll be spending a lot of time making these and have underestimated the value of your time.

I want three, two as keychains that I can hang from my rearview mirror and on my purse, one with the lobster claw/bale to put on a chain.

(My regular keychain is about six different ones hooked together with a jillion keys, so this would be invisible there.)

Archived