do even asexual men masturbate?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

If this question bothers you, feel free to ignore it, but I am kind of curious...

I have heard of women (sexual ones, even) who say they don't have any interest in masturbation, and most people seem to believe it's possible for women to be indifferent to masturbation. But everyone seems to think masturbation is universal among men--if only as a "release". Just today I was reading on another messageboard where people were joking about how all men who say they don't masturbate are liars. What is the case with asexual men? Is it prevalent even among men who are asexual, or is this just another case of people not realizing asexuality exists?

Women DO masturbate. But for them it's like farting. Not somethign they go out of their way to show. They don't "Pride" on it like men do. But truth is they masturbate just as much on an average.

Alex

Errrr my posts didn't answer ya question lol just half of it.

Some asexuals do masturbate.

I for one do masturbate. Helps relax and go to sleep faster etc.

It's like chocolate OOOOOOR well FREE DRUGS :)

But the diference between a sexual masturbation about person0001 is that if they would get a chance to have play out the fantasy with that person they would. I would not. It's fantasy ONLY and nothing more.

Cheers

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Hello! (gosh i am sounding like C.C. Babkok!)

Funny, i had the same question in mind but came up with an answer myself....

I do masturbate, and i enjoy it and i think that this is sexual! Even if it's "just" a fantasy, but fantasies can be sexual as well. So i think real asexuals don't j/o, and the rest, who don'T have the ambition or wish to live those out, are LL.

AlRigHt-ahhhhhhhh! YO! It'S time for a scooby snack.

Skiddaloxx

What is LL?

Lemme ask u something...

Ever had a day dream or a fantasy.

You ever see yoursel as what u deeply picture yourself to be but are not.

You never imagined yourself being a hero (sounds silly but at some point in our lives we all fantasize about somethign we cannot be but woudl like to be). This happens to all and I am sure you can think of somethign u ever fantasized about.

A fantesy has nothing to do with reality because well it is a fantesy.

I masturbate to relieve stress. I masturbate cause it helps me go to bed faster.

If the person was ever in the room and wanted to to act that fantasy for real I would say no.

I have been asked out before by girls who were good looking according to people. I thought they were pretty but I didn't wanan go kissing touching sex etc because i don't feel the need.

Fantasy is not and will never be reality.

Fantasies that become reality are goals.

True fantasies are about things that will never happen.

Alex

Now if I coudl only be sober i woudl write more

[thread hijack]

I don't agree with fantasies being unachieveable. I think that if you beleive insanely hard into what you want to look like (let's use looks for this example) you will eventually look more like this perfect vision of yourself.

I figure it's the same concept as placebos. Take a colorful pill that really does nothing, beleive it will make your headache go away, and voila, headache is gone. If you think you can become taller, thinner, or more muscular, you will. The mind controls the body, and it isn't limited to just making it move around.

I may be a little crazy, but I see this shape altering thing almost as a religion hehe.

[/thread hijack]

to Legolas (which reminds me of Legoland...i used to play that as a kid..sigh...anyway ;)

O this leads to the old "IF-YOU-THINK-THERE-IS-A-TRAIN-RUNNING-THROUGH-YOUR-HEAD-THEN-THERE-IS!!!"-discussion. It''s interesting that so many people think of fantasies as the opposite of reality. Is it really like that? For me they are extensions or parts of reality. Would you say that your thoughts are not real?? I think YES!

It's sound interesting when you say that u masturbate to fall asleep easier...sounds like pushing a button....mechanical...what is it that you fantasize about? It must come from somewhere inside u, maybe an urge! I agree with you that this doesn't mean you want to live that out, and that'S what i call LL (low libido).

*2900 tons pat on the back for Gorax* Pick up! Pick up! :twisted:

Skiddaloxx

Ack

hmm dunno how to explain this.

Ok gonna go to gaming examples (figure out I am a gamer yet?)

Jedi Knight 2.

I before had a daydream about being a jedi. Making 50 feet leaps and shootign lightning out of my fingers and having my own lightsaber.

Felt good but that ain't never gonan happen and I knew it.

Now let's try another.

Somebody fantesizes (bah spelling) about running into a firery building and saving the damsel in distress. That is more of a goal. It is a fantasy still but that is something achievable. One can become a fireman and do that. But I don't see jedi's running around.

There is a difference between fantasies that can become reality and fantasies that are not gonan become reality.

I dunno this is as good as i can explain it.

As for low libido. Low libido no libido who knows? The idea of inserting my piece of flesh ito another person is beyong gross beyond repulsive it just won't happen. Virgin is good :D

Alex

there is no consciousness without perception, meaning that the world, everything we have ever seen, experienced, touched, EVER only exists in our minds.... kind of interesting to think about but not exactly functional, because the only way we are able to interact with each other (or for that fact, recognize that YOU is separate from ME - theory of individuality - and that WE is separate from the environment is through an assumed set of shared symbols (think language, colors, loudness, etc.)

so, we all have this shared consciousness aside from our "internal" consciousness... then this "internal" consciousness is where the fantasy happens, and it is separate from (and some would say the opposite of) the shared consciousness of the world in which we all live... the clencher is that IT'S ALL IN OUR HEADS - my head, your head....

everything is subjective - EVERYTHING - there can be no objective reasoning applied to any action of any human being because the REST of us are human beings too....

so while fantasy and reality are very much the same things in our mind, or rather since we have no real way of telling them apart the are essentially the same things (in the sense that we cannot ever really tell them apart - think about a schozophrenic asking if the person he sees is really there or a delusion - who is to say the person he is asking the question isn't a delusion.... and so on.... by the way, who's to say you aren't all delusions living in my head?)

so, while the power of the mind to deceive is great (actually, it's ultimate, since we all live within our minds completely), so is the power of the mind to project what it WANTS to see onto others and shape perception through internal factors....

the fantasy thus becomes reality in entirety, making it EVEN HARDER to tell the two apart

lord, im giving myself a headache.... i'll stop this now

let me know what you think... just theories here

matthew (resident psycho-babble star trek geek)

bard of aven

So if I am just a figment of your imagination and you are just a figment of my imagination, then I am a figment of my own imagination.

Which would explain a lot, come to think of it.

boa

and you of mine :-)

try telling that to a child who hasn't yet developed object permanance... you'll be in for some fun times

matthew

VivreEstEsperer

object permanence...ooh, that was on my intro to psych final last semester, lol

Kate

I have fantasies of being around 7 ft tall, 260 lbs, having superhuman strength, tons of knowledge, and psychic powers. In the future, I will be very, very important (possibly an Evil Overlord).

And damnit! It's going to happen!

When I participate in a collective fantasy by reading a book or watching a TV show, I enjoy the fantasy from the safety of my home, but for the most part I would not enjoy actually being the character I'm rooting for. I've read Lord of the Rings literally hundreds of times. But if you gave me a chance to be Frodo, my reaction would be, "Are you nuts? Get stabbed by a wraith? Have my finger bitten off? Crawl across a barren wasteless without any food, hunted by thousands of demonic-looking, cannibalistic enemies? No way! Nuts! Lemme outa here!" And yet I'm surely going to read the book again. And again. And that's perfectly normal. Nearly everyone has enjoyed a novel or TV show sometime in their lives. So obviously enjoying a fantasy of this nature does NOT imply the person "really" wants to do whatever it is. Fantasy is not the same as a wish. I WISH I was rich. I WISH I was healthy. I WISH people would buy my art. I have absolutely no wish whatsoever to have my mind eaten up by evil, but I do enjoy the fantasy of Lord of the Rings. They are not the same thing.

When I participate in a collective fantasy by reading a book or watching a TV show, I enjoy the fantasy from the safety of my home, but for the most part I would not enjoy actually being the character I'm rooting for. I've read Lord of the Rings literally hundreds of times. But if you gave me a chance to be Frodo, my reaction would be, "Are you nuts? Get stabbed by a wraith? Have my finger bitten off? Crawl across a barren wasteless without any food, hunted by thousands of demonic-looking, cannibalistic enemies? No way! Nuts! Lemme outa here!" And yet I'm surely going to read the book again. And again. And that's perfectly normal. Nearly everyone has enjoyed a novel or TV show sometime in their lives. So obviously enjoying a fantasy of this nature does NOT imply the person "really" wants to do whatever it is. Fantasy is not the same as a wish. I WISH I was rich. I WISH I was healthy. I WISH people would buy my art. I have absolutely no wish whatsoever to have my mind eaten up by evil, but I do enjoy the fantasy of Lord of the Rings. They are not the same thing.

Finally somebody understands.

Fantasy =/= reality

Alex

But hEY, people!!, a fantasy is probprobprobabliest only hormones or other little thingies in our body. so a fantasy is actually organic. ok, i am a bit scient-y but it's so romantic....your bodily functions.

it's very western world-ish to make fantasy be the enemy or opposite of reality. i really don't share that. i am a fan of the theory of cellular memory....all your emotions are stored and saved in your cells. and your body reacts to every thought. i mean, come on (speaking to the boys in here now), if you FANTASIZE about sex, then you get hard, otherwise you wouldn't be able to masturbate.

which means that a thought kick-started a real action.

(o i am such a little-mr-knows-it-all! 8) but i like y'all!)

bard of aven

Which brings us back to the original topic of this thread, at least :P :oops:

boa

Masturbation feels good. It's like a drug and FYI I do not always think of somethign sexual when masturbating. Sometimes it's simply a face.

Grrrrr I don't know HOW else I can explain that there is a difference between a fantasy that is possible (i.e. I am ABLE to physically get in bed with somebody and have sex (brrrrrrrrr) ) and a fantasy that ain't gonan happen.

Wouldn't it be cool to be superman. Leap up in the air and fly around and circle the globe in under 3 seconds?

Kinda cool. I know it's never gonna happen but yet i can still dream of it.

But if somehow a fairy came and cast a spell and made me superman (somethign u could argue is my hidden desire since u go by fancy terms)

I could never live up to the character I dreamed of. I would use my power for my own gain become corrupt the goodness in superman woudl be gone. I could never be superman.

It's a fantasy. But that fantasy relieves stress.

I masturbate cause it feels good. Cause it's like my chocolate.

But to stick my piece of flesh into another person's ? NEVER

Nuff said.

Alex

• 3 weeks later...
Bestatued Head

But masturbation, like many great things must come to an end. It's like being in your room getting intense(air guitar, am I not the only girl who does this?) to the music in your headphones and your mother walks in, and ruins the dream of becoming a rock star. *looks around dejectedly, holding her pretend guitar*

Procrastination is a lot like masturbation, it might feel good, but in the end you're only fucking yourself.

I heard that somewhere.

Bestatued Head

That's really true, Gorax, but hey you must admit everyone has the shameful delight of procrastinating. I know I do, and would like to stop.

I wonder, I've ask close buddies(both male and female), who seem very open with who they are, if they masturbate, and all of them said "No". Either statistics for masturbation is wrong or they are not so in tuned with what they do to themselves.

Personally I don't stimulate myself in any obscene manner, but I do have a lunatic imagination.

Guest Anonymous
Personally I don't stimulate myself in any obscene manner, but I do have a lunatic imagination.

Oh, I thought maybe "air guitar" was a euphemism!

:wink:

Pete in PA

Bestatued Head

Hah! I thought about that when I wrote it, but I really do play air guitar

(come on it's fun). *does a power chord*

It's amusing to think that playing guitar and masturbation have something in common hmmmmmmm..........

Hah! I thought about that when I wrote it, but I really do play air guitar

(come on it's fun). *does a power chord*

*joins in on her air guitar as two of the strings on her real one are broken!* >8/

I also like playing imaginary violins when I'm alone. Heck, I'll play just about anything that features in something I'm listening to. ;)

~Coral

Bestatued Head

The types of song I usually play air guitar to are Bob Dylan and Beck stuff. I'm not into electric guitars that much, but I do like making fun of '80's hair bands..... hehee.

Acoustic Rocks! (i love the paradox)