Mentioned on Family guy

Guest member25959

Guest member25959

Are you a fan of family guy, if so, do you remeber the episode where the 'leafers' (New yorkers) come to Rhode island for the Autumn. The part were Peter is in the tree trying to scare of the 'leafers', he pretends that the tree has eaten some new yorkers, he mentions a asexual politician. I cant quite remember the name of the politician though

ooh I'm a fan of Family Guy... don't know if I've seen that episode though...

Jillianimal

Oh yeah! I thought I heard him mention it in an episode. I don't remember who though. Shame it probably didn't get that much, if any, attention...*sigh*

Lord Happy Toast

Back in the Koch was mayor elect (I think), there was an article in the Village Voice called "Asexual (Chic):Everybody's not doing it." ("chic" is included in the title one place but not on the front page.") In it they say, "With Koch as mayor and role model, perhaps asexuality is the wave of the future." Later they talk about how people suspected him to be gay so they tried to get some dirt on him. They couldn't get any so a reporter for the New York Times said, "Poor Ed. That's what I was afraid of. If only he were gay or something or anything. Our next mayor, I fear, is asexual." The Advocate had someone follow him for two weeks "attempting to find out his sexual activities. [Their] intentions were frustrated when his private eye discovered that Koch did nothing but campaign and sleep."

(If you want to read the whole article, the bibliographic info is somewhere in the Library.)

Given it's a random joke and there's a good chance Koch isn't asexual, it's not exactly a huge loss.

random joke in family guy ? :blink:

There is also some "gossip" that Ralph Nader may also be asexual. But I think that guy is "unsafe at any speed." *

* If you're younger than my age group, you probably won't know that "Unsafe At Any Speed" was a book he wrote about the irresponsible auto industry and the lack of built in safety, and especially about the Chevrolet Corvair, which, having the engine in the rear, was not balanced properly, and could therefore literally tip over on taking a corner at a high speed. Chevy fixed the problem with the Corvair, but by then, no one would buy them anymore. A lot of people in industry dislike Ralph Nader for his crusading ways, but now we have seat belts and padded dashboards and shatter proof glass for windshields. Some of the "powers that be" wanted to have him spied on to get some dirt on him to make him look like a fool, but they couldn't find anything on him, didn't manage to catch him with a hooker or anything like that...

I got the reference! And I'm two decades longer and on another continent. God I'm pathetic.

Nader certainly does give off that kind of vibe. He could just be an incredibly private person though.

I quite like the guy, but don't have much time for some of his crusades.

Ralph Nader is a pain in the ass for General Motors, but he's probably saved a lot of lives by being a pain in the ass.

I saw that episode. When I heard the word used, I thought "cool!" But it was clearly a joke, mentioned only once mid-sentence, in a depricating way. I don't think too much of it, cause it was mentioned in passing, I don't think it got anyone watching it to start thinking about asexuality in any way.

• 4 weeks later...
carried in bags

i think stewie is asexual...i mean i know hes a baby n all, but he's ase "but just doesnt know it yet" ;)

there is an episode where he has a girlfriend that goes (its not really asexual as such, but made me laugh)

s: we dont even have sex any more

gf: you dont even know what sex is

s: it's a type of cake isn't it? :cake:

Aimeendfire

I love that quote...it always makes me think of Aven :D

i think stewie is asexual...i mean i know hes a baby n all, but he's ase "but just doesnt know it yet" ;)

I dunno... I haven't watched the show in a while, but when I did it seem that Stewie's character was shifting from "crazy infant obsessed with matricide" to "quirky infant that's not-so-closeted".

carried in bags

stewie: thats it? that was sex? i should sue her!

• 2 weeks later...
Jillianimal

there is an episode where he has a girlfriend that goes (its not really asexual as such, but made me laugh)

Hahah I never even made that connection XD But he's also said plenty of things that were quite the opposite of asexual. I can't think of anything specifically right now....

Archived