Asexual women and male nudity........ reactions/ thoughts

you*hear*but*do*you*listen
Ick.

Word.

heatdissipation
I am attracted to Nude pictures in both sexes as long as it's on artistic purposes. ( or you can say I admire them in some way)

Human body is just so beautiful in the shape and form and texture. A great artwork of the univese!

I couldn't agree more - though I do think that outside of artistic settings, human genitalia is a bit silly. :rolleyes:

I think the best word to describe my feelings toward a male nude body would be 'curious'. Certainly don't have any sexual feelings towards it... not repulsed by it... and not totally indifferent, either. I've always wondered what it would be like to have a penis. So, that's usually what comes to mind when I see one. :blush:

I do feel very aesthetically drawn to the nude female body though. (Enough that my ex was convinced I was a lesbian. :rolleyes: ).

Part of the reason that it took me so many years to figure out that I was asexual is that I do like to look at pics of nude, good-looking men. It took me a loooong while to realize that I just liked to look, not to have sex with any of them.

Same for me. For the longest time I kept thinking, "Naw, I couldn't possibly be asexual. I like to look. O_O" But if you take the nakedness into real life and real people...ew. No thanks.

I'm not fond of the pictures either. =/ I like artwork of naked people, because the shapes involved are just generally pleasing.

Generally I prefer female bodies, I enjoy the smoothness and the curves and how soft and squishy they are (or should be anyway). I'm more picky about what I like to look at with men, it's more about individual bits that make me go "ooo" than the overall look. As for penises, they look a bit odd to me. They fascinate me, but they just looked really bloody weird. Not that female genetalia looks any better, but it's concealed instead of being right there. I find both male and female bodies beautiful when used wel though, I absoloutely adore artistic nudes.

I don't think I've seen a naked man for more than two seconds, besides David (the statue). I've accidentally seen penis/sex pictures, and that's crazy awkward... I'd imagine seeing a nude male body would bother me more than anything.

It doesn't really bother me to be honest.
Doesn't bother me too much.
I'm neutral. I'm not disgusted nor am I a fan.
I think it just looks silly :D It's not repulsive, and it's not attractive. Just really, incredibly silly.

I agree with all of the above. That's pretty much what I think about the naked body.

I actually like to admire nude forms, as long as they're presented artistically (in photography, sculpture, paintings, etc.). I much prefer the female form, just because I love the soft curves and relatively unobtrusive genitalia of the female body. Male nudity does not repulse me, but I just don't find it as appealing. Like a few others have said, I can admire a man's arms, chest, and back, but male genitalia are (to me, at least) aesthetically unappealing. Not that the penis is ugly or disgusting, I just prefer not to look at it. So I guess I'm indifferent to male nudity in that sense. If the man is presented in a way that he is entirely naked but his genitalia is somehow covered, I would find that much more appealing. Though I agree with the OP in that greasy, fake-tanned, overly muscular men are not attractive in the slightest. I prefer curves and natural-looking skin on my n00dz, thx.

I mean, if you look back to the ancient Greeks, they idealized the human body in art, like sculptures. Like, THE human body was the most beautiful thing to them. They didn't necessarily do it in a sexual sense (Maybe they did and their view of 'sexy' were different than ours) I'm wondering why we think so low of the male nude body, especially from the female population. Is it that the male genitals are viewed too strongly in a sexual context?

Yes, I think its becuase they are seen in a strictly sexual context, and thus is viewed by everyone to be squicky if they dont like sex. I love the Greeks, they where amazing people and I love the view of the body they have, but also a lot of their ideals when it comes to the body.

I think the best word to describe my feelings toward a male nude body would be 'curious'. Certainly don't have any sexual feelings towards it... not repulsed by it... and not totally indifferent, either. I've always wondered what it would be like to have a penis. So, that's usually what comes to mind when I see one. :blush:

I do feel very aesthetically drawn to the nude female body though. (Enough that my ex was convinced I was a lesbian. :rolleyes: ).

I've been trying to find myself, and I've tried being with a woman, and it doesnt make any difference to my indifference towards sex with another person, but I still believe that the human body is beautiful, I am very partial to looking at different people and think about how soft their skin may be, or how their body is constructed of curves or hard angles. Nudity and the body is a very sensory thing for me, it draws on all of your senses.

I find the body male or female, including genetalia, beautiful, I just dont want to have sex with them in any way. I dont mind seeing a naked body 50foot from me, 1 foot from me, or in any photography/artwork. I dont mind feeling a naked body by mine, again, its just not wanting to have sex wth them.

I havent seen any reply like this one yet!

J x

I find it gross down there... it just looks awkward, like it's not supposed to be there.

Yeah, there's not much I like about a naked guy. I would much rather see them in their clothes style because that's what makes or breaks physical attraction for me, I guess.

I actually find male genitalia fairly repugnant...

In relation to other parts of their body though, I think I'm fairly indifferent; I'm more attracted to peoples' faces I think, and I suppose some peoples' hands look nice too (I mean attracted- but not in a " I want to have sex with you way"); but certainly a typical tanned, greased semi-naked male on a tacky calendar would be entirely unappealing, I imagine that I'd go for something more obscure. :blink:

I completely agree. I try to be positive and reassuring when I'm with someone I care about and they're "exposed". But, in general, yuck...

By the way...

Luvdisc I love your avatar! Every time I see it I LOL =D

I have to admit, I get quite embarrassed seeing anyone's genitalia! But I'm a nursing student so I learned to deal with it last year. I still feel a bit of embarrassment, but I also end up looking at it very analytically. I mean, just the other day, I was talking with some of my nursing student friends in the middle of a cafeteria and we talked about putting in urinary catheters. We pretty much ended up talking about our fear of putting the catheter "in the wrong hole" for women, whereas with men, it's sort of, well, right there and hard to miss XD So, in all, that's how I end up thinking about it when I see parts of my patients that most people never see!

Still, though, if I don't have to see it, then I'd rather not ^^;;

osiris8siriso

My first feeling would be repulsion, quickly followed by either embarrassment or a "meh" attitude.

I think im becoming more indifferent that I used to be though.

Now all I think is "Dude, put it away" :lol:

I'm not a woman... can I post anyway??? :blink: Because I have found that many in the "guys & female nudity" thread, AND several women also, like the female shape because of its artistic qualities. And here are a few comments about not liking guys with muscles...

Well, I like muscles (on men AND women) because I think that they are artistically beautiful and fun to draw. So what is artistic beauty? It seems to be in the eyes of the beholder.

Phate Phoenix

I eventually want to be an Autopsy Technitian, so, in that aspect, I'm completely fine with naked bodies. As long as I have a technical and efficient goal about it, then I'm good.

Just to look at them, though... D: No, I don't handle that well. If I have a preference, I suppose it's the androgenous look- effeminate, but without large breasts, or, maybe, any at all. *Shrugs*

So, yeah, naked dudes squick me out.

Personally, I don't like seeing naked bodies period. If the certain areas are covered up, then I have less of a problem with it.

martianJusticiar

I'm disinterested in or maybe moderately not pleased about (not quite repulsed) looking at some random guy naked. It's a whole other level of disturbing if it's someone I know or a male fictional character I like, even just imagining it. It's sort of like imagining someone I know's sex life. It just squicks me out and makes me feel like I'm crossing some boundary of that person's privacy.

Also, I feel sort of annoyed that that's what I'm SUPPOSED to like and want to see when the person is perfectly likeable and enjoyable company with clothes on.

It's probably the art major in me, but it doesn't bother me in any way. Rather, I find the bodies of both genders rather fascinating. Even genitalia - I mean, it doesn't mean anything particularly special to me. It happens to be an interestingly-formed bit of flesh used for something I have no personal interest in. Kind of like an elbow. It's really nifty the way the skin folds...and what do you mean, I'm not supposed to be looking at it? The few times I have seen male genitalia, the reaction is always to poke it and see what happens, study it, maybe sketch it, and then leave it alone. And I enjoy that. It doesn't disgust me at all.

Mind you, none of this means that if some random guy ran up to me and flashed me, my reaction wouldn't be one of horrified amusement followed by a can of mace. Because it totally would.

theflyingclubcup

I don't know why, but the male genitalia really, really disgusts me. =( Even if I see a cheesy little cartoon drawing of one, I get slightly nauseated. The only male nudity I can stomach is that of classical statues of slender youths with their modesty protected by a bayleaf. I can appreciate the beauty of the subject and the craftsmanship of the artist. In all, I completely agree with what you said in that opening post. Why can't guys shave, too? See, Mr. Statue Man is hairless! *strokes marble*

I can appreciate a well-toned man from the waist up, but seeing the lower half makes me uncomfortable. :unsure: I am not repulsed, but it is, well, private.

all i can say its ewwww.

females dont bother me too much because its not out in the open and guys' are lol

its just uncomfortable...

I congratulate people who are really comfotable with their own bodies. Really, I don't think that people should be punished if they just don't want to wear clothes. Lewd conduct, however, is a different matter. :blink:

However, I don't find nude males attractive. Like someone else said, I would rather see the naked guy in person rather than in a picture or a film or something, but overall I would just rather not see them. I think guys have a mess going on in the lower regions, and it just doesn't look pretty. I don't like those tanned, muscly guys in thongs either, like on the calendars. Guess I like 'em thin and pasty. :lol:

But yeah, males+nudity=ew.

I don't mind females, though. They don't look so bad, in my opinion. Everything looks all soft and smooth, and there's really not much to look at "down there."

No with the Naked! Bad! Wrong! *squirts water gun* .... that would be my instant reaction to naked people casually appearing in my viewing zone. That said I've had to learn to moderate this due to the large amount of people with whom I have to share a changing room who have no problem stripping off entirely.

I don't like the naked. On either gender. The human body is really weird.

Why can't people look like they do in anime?

LOL I wish that too, but it ain't happening XD (although, I really hate it when they draw anime girls with beachball-sized breasts...that's just wrong and it looks horribly unproportioned [is that a real word?])

I don't like guys without shirts on. To me just that is enough to gross me out.

Don't even get me started on lower regions that I just can't look at. Its hideous.

I can't even look and other females or even myself without clothes on.

theflyingclubcup

LOL I wish that too, but it ain't happening XD (although, I really hate it when they draw anime girls with beachball-sized breasts...that's just wrong and it looks horribly unproportioned [is that a real word?])

Disproportionate, c'est le mot. =D

Nico-Nico Friendo

I dunno. I don't really care, I guess, if I merely see it. Strangely enough, I think female 'nether regions' are more disgusting and I'm a female. I guess it's because a penis looks more like a part of the body (covered with skin) while a vagina looks like a wet, slimy, bleeding hole (kind of gross to me). I've never seen a man's penis in real life -- only in pictures and artwork -- so I'm not sure how I would react if I saw one in real life. If I saw a streaker run by a crowd, I'd probably laugh.