older asexuals - where do you live

halcro

violeta4701

A woman from Colombia (36 years old) and looking for friends to share experiences with asexuality

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm 55 and I live in Edinburgh :) Would love to meet some other asexuals who live nearby

• 2 weeks later...

Otley. West Yorkshire- in between Leeds and the Yorkshire Dales.

Does 42 count as older in this thread? ;) I currently live in my beloved city of San Diego again, but I'm going to be moving to Jacksonville, Florida before the end of the year.

• 1 month later...

55 and I live in the Quebec. I'm anglophone - my spoken French is OK, but my written French needs alot of work because I can only speak French in the present tense. I think it's great to hear from other asexuals from around the world.

• 2 weeks later...

New to this site so thought I'd share too. 43-year-old female from Sweden. And I feel like the loneliest person in the world. I wish I could have a normal relationship and enjoy sex, but no.I have never had sex, and wouldnt mind if I never had - I have never been in love or felt attracted to anyone. But if the sex part was not such a big deal, I think I could connect to a man in a romantic, but not sexual, way. I am so tired of being alone. But it seems impossiblle to meet a man that is like me. In Sweden there seem to be no real asexual community to meet others like me for one, and a potential life partner not at all, and it is very depressing... :(

How do you cope with the loneliness?

New to this site so thought I'd share too. 43-year-old female from Sweden. And I feel like the loneliest person in the world. I wish I could have a normal relationship and enjoy sex, but no.I have never had sex, and wouldnt mind if I never had - I have never been in love or felt attracted to anyone. But if the sex part was not such a big deal, I think I could connect to a man in a romantic, but not sexual, way. I am so tired of being alone. But it seems impossiblle to meet a man that is like me. In Sweden there seem to be no real asexual community to meet others like me for one, and a potential life partner not at all, and it is very depressing... :(

How do you cope with the loneliness?

Welcome Miamia. This deep loneliness is not that uncommon amongst Asexuals of middle age even here in the United States where there are more and more Ace groups becoming active across the county. We have a couple of very active groups here in Arizona. I can count on at least one great meetup with my Ace peer every month and I take comfort in that. I also feel estranged from most people in terms of my sexual orientation I'm not only Asexual but also Lesbian with means there is even less chance of finding a partner. I'm 57 and everyone that is active in the Ace social community are roughly half my age. Great people and they help me out of my introverted shell but I so long for company of my generation and orientation.I try to fill my days with volunteer work, my art, and scientific research. I do long for even a simple friend that at least shares a few of my interests.

• 1 month later...

Hi, all. 42, but still a child at heart, and from Tunbridge Wells, England.

HI, Queensland Australia. Please someone from Australia reply to me.

61 and currently in Madison, WI. possibility of a move to Bloomington, IN in the next year or so.

sparklingstars

61 and currently in Madison, WI. possibility of a move to Bloomington, IN in the next year or so.

I lived in Bloomington, IN for two years while I was in grad school at IU. Now I live in Northern Kentucky. (33, female)

cramos - welcome to AVEN and 'Oldies'. Have you had your welcome :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake: ? If not, may I offer you some welcome :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake: (and if you have, have some more :D ) I hope you'll have some fun here...we have lots of threads in Olies or you may have already found them on the rest of the board :)

53 Now moving from the SF bay area to Boise Idaho. I can check so many 'weirdo' boxes it's silly. Asexual, most would say gay female although butch transgendered gyno-romantic is more accurate. No matches likely for me, but I like having friends. If you're in the Idaho area give a shout. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Ann Arbor, Michigan. Very LGB accepting, not accepting of asexuals. For a liberal town , it's pretty narrow minded.

truthisbest7

40 miles due west of Ft. Wayne Indiana! We r not in the middle of nowhere, but if u climb up on top of our barn u can see it from here......

I live in the state of NY, and it's frustrating that I have no way to meet up w/ other ace/aros. I feel all alone w/ this. Yeah ppl I know may tell me they accept me to make me feel better, but nobody really "gets it". They cannot identify, since I only know sexual ppl for the most part. Nobody to tell me, "Hey, ur not alone, I get it"! :(

I know NYC has a meetup. If you don't live near NYC, I would check out Greyhound , Amtrak or Megabus

TheLastOfSheila

I am a 58-year-old woman and new to the Ace community. I guess I would consider myself an asexual heteroromantic? I am still trying to learn all of the various flavors of asexuality, but I think that describes me the best. I live in upstate New York, not far from Albany. NYC is about a three hour drive away, as is Boston; however it is very difficult for me to get away, and I wish there was an Ace meeting group in the Capital Region. If anyone knows of a group that meets local to me, please let me know. :)

I'm in Tasmania, Australia. It's nice here but I'm dying to move to Melbourne so I can get a freakin' job.

I live in beautiful, colonial central Mexico - though every year I spend time (visit friends and family) in my old stomping grounds: Ontario or B.C., Canada...

I live in beautiful, colonial central Mexico - though every year I spend time (visit friends and family) in my old stomping grounds: Ontario or B.C., Canada...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Autumn Sunrise

HI, Queensland Australia. Please someone from Australia reply to me.

Hi, I'm from NSW, Australia. I just joined yesterday, and I'd love to find some other Australians here. I'm in my 60's, but have friends in a wide range of ages.

Archived