older asexuals - where do you live

halcro

Where do all the older asexuals live? The majority of posts seem to be from the younger set. I live outside of Vancouver, B.C. and would like to especially meet some of the more mature crowd. :blink::blink: and the younger ones.

Hah! Think I want someone sneaking around outside my bedroom window with a silencer-equipped pistol? Nice try!

To KE6WNH. I think you have added your own paranoia to a quite ordinary everyday question. I gave my general location in the world and hoped that others might do the same. The intent of my question was to see if there are any other older asexuals in my area.

Yes I am aware that there are meet ups in Vancouver. They are mostly great young people who I hope to meet at some time. My post was directed at the older crowd. Not that I don't want to meet younger people, however are more into people of similar backgrounds, and experience. As one gets older we don't have that many years left and like meeting face to face more than on bulletin boards and blogs. We even still send letters in the post.

To sum up my rant KE6WNH. You do seem a tad paranoid. If your post was serious I suggest you get some help and build one of those safe rooms. If it was only a spoof (joke) it worked.

I don't bother with being paranoid since I am the only one of my profession in the local phone book and neither my profession nor my general location are any big secret.

So ... if somebody wanted to stalk me I suppose they could, but I'm not particularly interesting or young or attractive and I can't imagine why anybody would bother. The neighbors might even find it amusing since NOBODY can come down this little ol' dirt road without being noticed, and if they aren't a familiar person they will be VERY carefully scrutinized indeed.

That, and I have a flock of trained attack turkeys!

No worries.

-GB

I have Psycho...now could that be why I never have friends calling???? :lol:

*Come to think of it, could be why I don't have any friends... :rolleyes: *

Once again I want to thank everyone who has replied to "where do you live".

I am still hoping to meet the older crowd in my part of the world. At the moment I don't think there are very many.

:cake::cake:

• 2 weeks later...
HannaWyLady

Think I may be the only one in Colorado - on the eastern plains where it looks like KS! Flat and miles and miles of miles and miles!

I'm in beautiful, rainy, Bellingham, Washington. (It's about 90 minutes north of Seattle). ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
RubyTuesday
I'm also from the UK. Southern Scotland to be more precise.

I'm very new to this forum & just want to say how happy I am to have found it. After 34 years of marriage and a lot of heartache caused by complete mismatch in sex-drive (i.e. a lot on my husband's side and very little, if any, on mine), it's a huge relief to realise there are are other people like me. Since I discovered the forum a few days ago and read some of the FAQs, etc., I keep smiling to myself because suddenly things make sense - like the crushes I have always had (usually male, but sometimes female) when I just want to be with that person all the time, but don't want any sexual contact at all.

Oh, and the reason that I plucked up courage to make my very first post right here is that I too live in the UK (Wales).

AFlyingPiglet

Welcome Judy! Do have some :cake::cake:

I'm also from the UK - living in Nottingham, the home of Robin Hood. Nottingham is somewhere in between Bonnie Scotland and London!

Since I discovered the forum a few days ago and read some of the FAQs, etc., I keep smiling to myself because suddenly things make sense -

Welcome, Judy! :)

I can really relate to what you are saying. I discovered AVEN just a week ago, and I have been smiling a lot since then as well. I smile every time I think about this new discovery that explains so much of the problems I have had through my relationships and my 12 year long marriage.

By the way, I am from Sweden, the northern part of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi older A's. I live in Florida and thought I might be the only one responding from the Southern US till I saw Amoeba's answer. It seems most live in cold climates. Interesting!

Oh I thought I'd posted here, I obviously left it to Tanwen who had already pointed out that a few of us "oldies" know each other, as well as the younger Avenites through the London meetups (as well as being certifiably insane). Well, I live in the East End of London, but we welcome people from other parts of the UK to our meetups.

Tanwen, there are quite a few new people on this thread - you might need to explain Psycho (who is a large assertive rabbit - I've only seen photos, never approached in the flesh).

GA here

My deepest sympathies ...

and yet, ... my most tender empathies ...

I felt much the same way, (until I stumbled upon AVEN some 6 months ago).

Had I not, ...

by now I would have been ...

GA GA.

Hi..north/eastern Washington State here. Although I'm Canadian, born Vancouver and raised in N. Burnaby. Sure miss home, especially Stanley Park and the PNE.

Looking for older AS friends who live near by too...but no luck so far.

• 3 weeks later...
bellywhopper

Hi.

Back to the thread of where people are from, I am from Eastern Massachusetts, a half hour outside of Boston. The half hour only applies to the off hours when there is no traffic! Glad to see there was someone else from this state on the site. Ellie

Guest DiscoBison

The UK spread gets a little wider - I'm from Bolton, home of the 'mighty' Wanderers (soccer team), and Carr's Pasties, a little bit north of Manchester and a little bit east of Liverpool (kind of).

Lookingman

I live in the corner of 4 states: Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas & Oklahoma, in the US. I am impressed at how many UK asexuals exist. Viva UK! LOL

Lynx Amoeba

Just outside of DC but a few blocks inside Beltway.

Derby. UK and am keen to meet folk for coffee and a chat.

I live in Newport Beach California. :blink:

I live in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, DC. Age 49 here. Happy, too! (Is it my imagination, or are asexuals happier than most?)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived