older asexuals - where do you live

halcro

Welcome to AVEN, Cedar.

Some slices of AVEN's traditional welcome :cake::cake: are definitely in order!

Whereabouts in Western WA are you located?

My husband (also an AVEN member) and I live in the Shelton area and I know that Sally is somewhere in Seattle.

-GB

Hey, we're practically neighbors! I am down here in Olympia. I used to live in Shelton too. Small world!

Mmmmm...I like the welcome cake! I actually just finished eating some milk chocolate covered coconut and macadamia nuts (Hawaiian Almond Joys!). My son and his wife just returned from Hawaii and brought me a huge Costco-sized bag full. Delicious! I'd share if I could figure out how to squeeze them out into cyberspace and onto the forum here. ;)

I'm so jealous! My Dad was stationed at McCord AFB once. It was without a doubt my favorite place we ever lived. I am sure that I could never aford to move back there now. That was way back in the late sixties!

i am 33.

was born and raised in Long Island / New York City.

i spent the past summer in DC area of Virginia. i find it still too urban/cold.

i have never felt at home in rat-race, urban NYC.

i'm a country person at heart, and avid gardener, but also love to wine and dine in asian and mideast ambience.

i am aiming to relocate by 2010 to the bay area of CA.

hopefully!!

Where do all the older asexuals live? The majority of posts seem to be from the younger set. I live outside of Vancouver, B.C. and would like to especially meet some of the more mature crowd. :blink::blink: and the younger ones.

Hi, I'm a 46 year old asexual and I live in Indiana! I must be the only one cause I can't find anyone else like me here!

UGH

I live in PA...you don't know what potholes are like until you've driven near Phila.

We have tractor-trailer-eating potholes there!

(and the rest of you are right...Americans are weird. I'm a native, so I should know!) :)

From Dalass Texass to Yelm Warshington State and now: Whodathunk Alabama

I like it here the best!

J.

From Dalass Texass to Yelm Warshington State and now: Whodathunk Alabama

I like it here the best!

J.

OMG! Another poster from Alabama.

I live in Cornwall, at the south-western corner of England; not in one of the tourist-haunted seaside towns, but on a windswept hillside, surrounded by twisted hawthorns and mediaeval-looking ruins which are actually the remains of Victorian tin-mine buildings. The nearest neighbour is across two fields; the nearest road is a muddy half-mile away. It is a good place for hermits, eccentrics and people with over-developed minds and under-developed souls who have not so much dropped out as unshipped their rudders and drifted away, mostly sideways.

Damp, though; it is the kind of atmosphere where no door will ever shut, no drawer will ever open, and anything neglected - from cake to book-covers, furniture, brasswork or whatever - begins to turn green and furry in a matter of days.

Oliver Mundy.

• 2 weeks later...

Central Scotland here, near Perth, although originally from Barcelona, Spain.

Btw, hi, I'm new here, I'll be sure to introduce myself at some point. Great to have found this forum!

godsbabygirl
Thanks to all the older asexuals who are letting me know what part of the world they live in.

Great eye Tikva. I'm guessing that you live on one of the beautiful San Juan Islands (Paradise).

For all the reclusive members that don't want to give out any information about where they live, remember that there is strength in numbers. We will all have more friends in this at times rough world.

I'm in Indiana here....not looking forward to the cold, frigid weather coming my way! UGH

godsbabygirl
]

Yea! Another Southerner. I think there may be more of us down here, but there is much more censure about being "different" down here. At least in Alabama it is hard not being married with kids. <_<

In Indiana it's that way here too...everyone and his brother wants to know why a nice, good looking woman like me isn't married with 2.5 kids! I keep coming up with good one liners to throw them off. maybe one of these days they'll leave me alone! GRR

Can I be a "Southerner" since I'm in Sourthern Indiana?? LOL

counterstrike1
I was beginning to think that I had done something wrong by asking where people are located. I am learning more each time I post about the rules of the internet. Discovered the other day that CAPS are a no no!

Thanks for replying

CAPS ARE A NO NO? Who would of Thunk it? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

no caps?? then ***wow*** i guess i am old after all! 57 years old, live in santa cruz, california- 75 miles south of san francisco. surf city if i swam!

• 2 weeks later...
Where do all the older asexuals live? The majority of posts seem to be from the younger set. I live outside of Vancouver, B.C. and would like to especially meet some of the more mature crowd. :blink::blink: and the younger ones.

I'm in the great Pacific Northwest. Weirdness and queerness are well tolerated in my little town (Portland), but I never knew there was a name for "my kind" until tonight--not really. This is amazing.

\o/

I'm in the great Pacific Northwest. Weirdness and queerness are well tolerated in my little town (Portland), but I never knew there was a name for "my kind" until tonight--not really. This is amazing.

\o/

Welcome! I love Portland! If I could take my job with me I would move there right away! :)

Welcome! I love Portland! If I could take my job with me I would move there right away! :)

You know about the nine months of gray skies, right? :D

It's a great place to live despite the rain, and I feel lucky to be here for lots of reasons. It's perfect for me--every main interest and predilection of mine seems to have Portland as an epicenter: coffee, geekdom, bicycling, sustainability, beer, slow food, books, and now come to find out there's an Ace group here too!

yep :)

I like that kind of weather. I've had enough sun for a lifetime living in So. Cal. My only concern would be what kind of reception I might get as yet another Californian invading the northwest. I do know people there though, so maybe I can get sponsored? :lol:

Half the people in Portland and Seattle are from California, Daveb. They gave up pissing on us long ago. :rolleyes:

yep :)

I like that kind of weather. I've had enough sun for a lifetime living in So. Cal. My only concern would be what kind of reception I might get as yet another Californian invading the northwest. I do know people there though, so maybe I can get sponsored? :lol:

Hee! You mean, like, for a work visa?

As Sally says just above, there are so few native Portlanders anymore that those of us who are actual SNOBs ("Society of Native Oregon Born") hardly know the place anymore. Come on up! The more in-migration Portland has attracted from other creative centers, the cooler it's gotten here.

OK, Sally and DarkEmeralds, maybe in about 12 years (or whenever I can retire). :D

Northern NSW, Australia.

If your ever travelling from Sydney to Brisbane and time seems to slow down thats my home town your near, a black hole second to none.

• 2 weeks later...

just rEGISTEREd to that site and was browsing around , so i will represent my part of the world , LEBANON , where i think sometimes i am the only asexual in here .

I'm from Iowa. I'm about 4 hours from Chicago. It's nice to find asexuals closer to my age. yippeeee :D

• 2 weeks later...

Albany, NY. Get to NYC only rarely. Anybody around here? Let's meet for coffee. Sorry I don't know how this site works, as to e-mails or PMs, but will try to learn.

• 2 weeks later...
just rEGISTEREd to that site and was browsing around , so i will represent my part of the world , LEBANON , where i think sometimes i am the only asexual in here .

I just saw this!! Morgane, where did you go to? Do you mean the Lebanon, in the Middle East-Asia or somewhere in the US? I'm in shock! I'm not alone in my country? :o

Hi i live in arse end of the world a wee town at the bottom of south island New Zealand but from the UK living here is back in the 1970s where the word GAY is used as a sware word so i dont try tell that i'm asexual they just would'nt understand.... :P

Archived