"The Lighthouse" - asexuality on stage

waitinggame

waitinggame

It's been a while since I've been here, other than popping in for the briefest of loiters now and then. Anyways, some of you may recall that I had an asexuality-themed play written - well it's made it into production (courtesy of my co-founding a production company, lol). It runs next Wednesday-Saturday, so anybody planning a random trip to Auckland feel free to come along, haha. Okay, so maybe we'll just have to hope it gains some sort of notice and might end up playing in a country near you one of these years.

Last night I was interviewed by the Herald (the one and only daily Auckland newspaper) who should run a preview early next week, which will also be available online. If anything else makes it to the web - or elsewhere - I'll let you know. :-)

Cate Perfect

EXCELLENT!! *claps you on the back*

Right on! That's so thrilling! You must tell us how it goes and the reaction to it.

Cate

This is most likely the first play with an asexual theme! Good work! Yea for visibility! :) :vis:

VivreEstEsperer

That sounds really cool!

Could you give us some idea of the storyline or how you incorporated asexuality into the play?

Better yet, can you email interested parties the script, if you have it on the computer? I would LOVE to read it!

Kate

This all sounds excellent waitinggame! :D

If you've got into the local newspaper with your interview, can you possibly scan the article when it's printed and place it online somewhere for us to see??? That would be way cool!

I hope it all goes really well in the theatre...

waitinggame
That sounds really cool!

Could you give us some idea of the storyline or how you incorporated asexuality into the play?

Better yet, can you email interested parties the script, if you have it on the computer? I would LOVE to read it!

Kate

The basics of the story are um, not very basic, but the main character is a closted (gay) asexual with a highly sexual boyfriend. So mainly it deals with the complexities of that, but (due to 'plotline quirks') there's also a scene played out between a straight asexual male and a female, to illustrate at least some of the diversity within the ol' A community. And there's an absolute truckload of humour involved too.

As for sending the script via email, that's absolutely out of the question, I'm afraid. However, we ARE planning to film the performances, so it MAY be possible for DVD copies to be made for people who'd be willing to cover shipping costs...but that's very much a wait and see kind of thing. :D

Archived