Advicenators

The MoUsY spell-checker

The MoUsY spell-checker

Advicenators is a free website where people can get Free Advice and give advice freely to those who seek to have their questions answered.

Now, that site is somewhat overrun by people (often teenagers) asking questions like how to kiss, masturbate, have sex, and all sorts of things like that, but today I saw a question related to asexuality. Of course, I answered it and included a link to AVEN in my answer.

What do you think about my answer? Anyone else here a columnist on Advicenators?

2014 Mod Edit - For future reference:

is it possible to not love?.. ever? (a question for all)

Question Posted Tuesday December 16 2008, 8:43 pm

im asking this out of sheer curiosity.

if it is possible for a man to love a woman or a man to love a man or a women, a women. is it possible for a man or a women to not be interested in either?
it would be quite hard to find this i think because of our basic primal instincts to love or lust for another's attention or company.

its one of those things were my mind thinks about it. then agrees with it, then thinks about it again to only get confused. what do you think? i would like to have some very explanitable and scientific answers. Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------

The_MoUsY_spell_checker answered Wednesday December 17 2008, 8:06 am:
Yes, it's possible. One can be interested in the opposite sex, the same sex, both, or neither. One who isn't attracted to either gender is asexual (not to be confused with asexual reproduction). It is a relatively uncommon orientation. There are statistics that say only about 1% of the human population is asexual.

Do keep in mind that "love" can refer to different kinds of love, and also note that even romantic love and sexual attraction can be separate. (I hope this doesn't just make it even more confusing.)

For more information on asexuality, try the Asexual Visibility and Education Network. Link here:[Link](Mouse over link to see full location)

-------------------------------------------------------

orphans answered Wednesday December 17 2008, 1:48 am:
I think it's possible. I've read articles about people being "asexual". They're pretty interesting and make sense to me. Try to google them, it's pretty crazy to think that some people really are like that.

Advicenators is a free website where people can get Free Advice and give advice freely to those who seek to have their questions answered.

Now, that site is somewhat overrun by people (often teenagers) asking questions like how to kiss, masturbate, have sex, and all sorts of things like that, but today I saw a question related to asexuality. Of course, I answered it and included a link to AVEN in my answer.

What do you think about my answer? Anyone else here a columnist on Advicenators?

Good answer

I've never heard of it but maybe I could try and help someone too.

Archived