OMG, something awesome just happened

SlightlyMetaphysical

SlightlyMetaphysical

Having been off the internet for less than 2 days, I somehow got 7 e-mails (thus confirming my paranoia that the internet cannot survive without me anymore), and one of my friends (who is a youtuber, and an obsessive groupie of various male/androgynous vloggers, especially this group called '5awesometrannies') sent me a link to this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cKL08iIHLk4&feature=email

I thought I'd put it up because its an interesting and relatively well-formed asexual-shading-to-antisexual rant that doesn't have asexuality as one of the tags, so we wouldn't be able to find it on a search. And also because he has really awesome prosthetics.

I can't tell easily which bits are true, irony, hyperbole, etc., but I'm pretty sure this guy (who I gather to be quite popular on youtube) has just outed himself, which has to be good for visibility, especially with the explaination of romantic love. And I can't even find any "OMG NO WAY sicko !!11!1!Eleventy-One!!!!!" comments (actually, looking at some of the comments, he seems considerably less antisexual than in the video)

And I think its really cool for me because, now one of their ultimate heroes has outed themselves, my three youtubing best friends will all be more accepting of my asexuality (not that they weren't anyway).

whoa that's pretty cool. I got pretty distracted by the costume and props, but definitely a nice little informed summary of what makes him asexual and how he views love.

nice find!

-raises hand- Also guily of being prop-distracted.

Strophanthus has a wonderful use of tone with the words used. Great stuff, thanks for enlightening us.

Marco - Proprietor of Doom

Eek! that's just to creepy for me, and his (at least I hope it's a he) view on love, well I don't exactly see eye to eye with it.

Acting all weird like that isn't going to help the asexual community very much, quite the reverse.

*continues muttering darkly under breath*

Eek! that's just to creepy for me, and his (at least I hope it's a he) view on love, well I don't exactly see eye to eye with it.

Acting all weird like that isn't going to help the asexual community very much, quite the reverse.

Being whatever you'd like to be ('being yourself' as it's often phrased) helps everyone, because it creates an environment in which fewer norms are as widely adhered to as before (and by definition, the breached norm becomes less normal with every breach), so people inclined to judge others for being different have fewer things they can identify as particularly different or 'weird' in the first place.

Marco - Proprietor of Doom

Being whatever you'd like to be ('being yourself' as it's often phrased) helps everyone, because it creates an environment in which fewer norms are as widely adhered to as before (and by definition, the breached norm becomes less normal with every breach), so people inclined to judge others for being different have fewer things they can identify as particularly different or 'weird' in the first place.

After giving this some thought and calming down a bit, I realised the person in the video is just putting on an act, I just think I over reacted because of how he described love, and because I got a little freaked out by the whole thing.

So sorry but my opinion hasn't changed, yet I respect yours.

Yeah, I found it very interesting, too!!! I wish I could understand more of what he/she (or whatever we use) was saying, I still have to practice a lot...

I LOVE his hair. Holy moly, mac and cheese... And, yay for him coming out! His view on ove is completely opposite my own, but seeing as hold his costume makes him look extremely robotic, the logic that he provided behind his lack of love interest suited whatever role he was playing.

Fun video!

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, it was great... (saw it days ago and didn't post...)
I'm just too shy to post a topic for this:

I just got that from my youtube home page "you might like" or something like that...
very funny, wonder if the community already saw it...
SlightlyMetaphysical

I just got that from my youtube home page "you might like" or something like that...

Awesome. What's a zielorientiert?

I enjoyed watching this video!!!! ^_^

I agree with you SliMe, those prosthetics were certainly awesome! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Having been off the internet for less than 2 days, I somehow got 7 e-mails (thus confirming my paranoia that the internet cannot survive without me anymore), and one of my friends (who is a youtuber, and an obsessive groupie of various male/androgynous vloggers, especially this group called '5awesometrannies') sent me a link to this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cKL08iIHLk4&feature=email

I think I'm in love :) (yes, irony, I know...)

SliMe, I think that astonishing video ought to be put up in Musings and Rantings.

No shit. Those are some awesome trannies. Especially Monday.

Such a pretty face and awesome hair. They kept distracting me...

Will look into the other videos hosted by Strophanthus.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been slightly obsessed with Strophanthus since I discovered his channel a few months ago, but I hadn't seen this video yet. Awesome! Another reason to be creepy and stalk him....

Yay for visibility! :cake:

His logic seems well thought out and put together. I agree with like 80% - 85% of it but the kill all humans part even if he was joking seems a tad extreme over all a cool vid. *and distracted by the props as well*

Awesome. What's a zielorientiert?

Zielorientiert is german for goal orientated... I think, if my basic grasp of the language hasn't failed me completely :P Might be wrong though...and given how long ago this was posted you probably know this already, but never mind...

Both of these videos are rather awesome. :)

• 3 months later...

Haha, reminds me of things I've told friends and family before about what I think of sex.

Excellent <3

Inevitable

That is very creepy...

They'd make a great villain.

I can just see them fulfilling the whole ice-cold anti-seducer (like... "oooh I'm suducing you! Oh wait I just shot you type thing". Difficult to explain at 10 to 1 in the morning) role.

The way they said "... primitive" was just perfect for it.

Archived