Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Dodecahedron314

My family was playing the racing card came "Mille Bornes" the other day. Someone gave me a flat tire card, and on my very next turn I put down a repair card, which is considered fast at least when we play. My sister said "Wow, that was fast. You must have AAA" (in reference to the insurance/roadside assistance company).

I replied with "Yes, I am!" (Meaning I am an Anxious Aro Ace!) She just looked at me blankly.

As a AAA (agender aro ace) myself, I approve. (Is adding a fourth A for anxiety a thing? Because that would mean I'm actually an AAAA... :blink:)

• Like 5
nerdperson777

My family was playing the racing card came "Mille Bornes" the other day. Someone gave me a flat tire card, and on my very next turn I put down a repair card, which is considered fast at least when we play. My sister said "Wow, that was fast. You must have AAA" (in reference to the insurance/roadside assistance company).

I replied with "Yes, I am!" (Meaning I am an Anxious Aro Ace!) She just looked at me blankly.

As a AAA (agender aro ace) myself, I approve. (Is adding a fourth A for anxiety a thing? Because that would mean I'm actually an AAAA... :blink:)

Are there quadruple A batteries (or bra sizes)? That would be really small.

Also I think this deserves to be in the ace thread too: http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/112021-avenite-2015-photo-thread/?p=1061515660

• Like 1
EmotionalAndroid

I don't think the extra A for anxiety is a "thing," really. I just added it for fun because it is a large part of who I am. Initially, my third "A" was going to be "Android," but "anxious" is a bit more realistic. :) Hopefully I am not offending folks by claiming to be "triple a" by a different definition! D:

Are there quadruple A batteries (or bra sizes)? That would be really small.

Also I think this deserves to be in the ace thread too: http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/112021-avenite-2015-photo-thread/?p=1061515660

Hmm, I don't think there are quadruple A anything. Certainly not batteries. And if that was a bra size, it would probably also be appropriate for me. haha

WARNING: THIS WILL BE TMI FOR SOME PEOPLE

There is a guy I like, and sometimes we masturbate together long-distance (on the phone, through text, etc.). I don't necessarily get off by mutual masturbation but he does, so I do it with him. One time he called me in the middle and was talking all dirty and junk and I was like,

"What planet do you think you would be from, if not Earth?"

And of course he's like, "??? That's not hot."

Ah, the plight of being asexy.

• Like 7

asexual, aromantic, anxious, autistic, and most certainly awesome. too bad I'm not agender xD

• Like 7
Skipper Valvoline

Had an ace action scene in class today.

So in my mythology class we tend to get off topic on a lot of sexual subjects (granted, in the beginning of the year we started class with a random pair of panties on the floor- nobody knew where they came from, so things spiraled downhill from there). Seriously. Every class there's something sexual or sex-related that crops up.

Well, today was my presentation on Star Trek, and I was determined to not let this happen (why would you discuss bodies when you can discuss Star Trek??) However, near the end of class two girls started arguing on whether you could see Khan's nipples or not in one picture, and as the rest of the class started getting involved I could see where this would end up.

So I reached in my backpack, pulled out a phaser, pointed it at the ceiling and pulled the trigger making it light up and make all of its ray-gun noises. Attention gained. "Can we please get back on track?!"

We did.

• Like 24

So in my mythology class we tend to get off topic on a lot of sexual subjects (granted, in the beginning of the year we started class with a random pair of panties on the floor- nobody knew where they came from, so things spiraled downhill from there). Seriously. Every class there's something sexual or sex-related that crops up.

Well, today was my presentation on Star Trek, and I was determined to not let this happen (why would you discuss bodies when you can discuss Star Trek??) However, near the end of class two girls started arguing on whether you could see Khan's nipples or not in one picture, and as the rest of the class started getting involved I could see where this would end up.

So I reached in my backpack, pulled out a phaser, pointed it at the ceiling and pulled the trigger making it light up and make all of its ray-gun noises. Attention gained. "Can we please get back on track?!"

We did.

You're my hero.
  • Like 12
AceWizardApprentice

I had to read a play whereas-in sex is mentioned, and one scene consists almost entirely of a declaration of 'love'. Naturally, I cringed when reading those parts. But nothing compares to when a group had decided to say the part out loud, the scene was just so weird, wrong and clearly exaggerated. The others thought so too, as it seemed "stalkerish". To be fair, I consider all declarations of 'lust' to be creepy.

As a side note, I finally remembered to update my gender to androgyne, so I guess I'm also apart of the AAA club, then? All my identity-searches have gone like this: 'Oh, there's a word for that? Neat.' *proceeds to forget it for years/months* I mean, I've always had dreams where I variate between being female/male bodied and felt just as natural. Heck, I once had a 'using the urinal' dream and my only concern was keeping to the urinal etiquette. No one really asks these questions from me in the first place. People tend to chuckle when I do answer them, though. (aka. "No seriously, I don't like anyone in that way, or that way. I just want friends." Others: "Sure you do. Wait 'til you're older, you'll see!" *chuckle*)

• Like 6
Autumn Season

When one says "A" two times or another even number of times then it sounds in German as if a child said they wanted to go to the toilet. And you totally didn't want to know that.

• Like 3

When one says "A" two times or another even number of times then it sounds in German as if a child said they wanted to go to the toilet. And you totally didn't want to know that.

Why do I have to be reminded of my native language in the worst possible ways..

• Like 2

Why do I have to be reminded of my kindergarten time when other kids would describe the content of their toilet in very great detail...

• Like 4

*whistles innocently*

That's an ace moment in itself, considering whistling can be (and often is) very much not meant in an innocent way. :D

• Like 3
Autumn Season

*whistles innocently*

That's an ace moment in itself, considering whistling can be (and often is) very much not meant in an innocent way. :D

Reminds me of when I was dancing to the not-so-innocent whistle-song and a native English speaker asked me whether I knew what the song was about, while smiling all embarrassedly. I did and I didn't care. That's partially because I don't care about bad lyrics as long as they are not in my own language, partially because I wanted to dance no matter what and partially because for me as an ace, sexual stuff is just not part of my life so I don't feel embarrassed about it.

• Like 4
Dodecahedron314

We did.

You're my hero.
Seconded. There is absolutely no better response in this situation. It's just too perfect.

Congratulations, my friend, you officially win at life. ALL the cake for you! :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

• Like 3

wow how did i foget this...

when i went on 1st date with ex and we went to the cinema... i thought it was cool that i "had a boyfreind" cos that was the thing everyone did so i was quite exited about this. well anyway before the film i needed to go to the toilet and i told him it was the exitement. when i came out he was embarrased and grinning like a an idiot and all flustered. i had no idea why until a few days later when he mentioned it. turns out he thought i meant i was turned on and had to go "finish the job" wtf i just needed to take a piss lol. i didnt tell him that tho, because i got the impression he would have been very dissapointed so i just went heh and changed the subject...

tbh most of that relationship was full of things like that :unsure:

• Like 11

I'm always reminded of my incredible ace-ness when I watch movies with other people. Whenever there's a sex-scene that's longer than 2 seconds I start to sigh and roll my eyes aggressively. In my head I'm like 'Ok I get it. They have sex. Let's move on with the story'. So when I look over to my friends to be like 'Annoying, right?' all of them has their eyes glued to the screen, they didn't even notice my irritation.

I tend to forget not everyone is ace, sometimes ^_^

• Like 9
nerdperson777

asexual, aromantic, anxious, autistic, and most certainly awesome. too bad I'm not agender xD

Hmm...that would make me asexual, aromantic, anxious, Aspergic?

• Like 1
Dodecahedron314

I'm always reminded of my incredible ace-ness when I watch movies with other people. Whenever there's a sex-scene that's longer than 2 seconds I start to sigh and roll my eyes aggressively. In my head I'm like 'Ok I get it. They have sex. Let's move on with the story'. So when I look over to my friends to be like 'Annoying, right?' all of them has their eyes glued to the screen, they didn't even notice my irritation.

I do this with both sexual and romantic scenes in movies. One of the most recent instances was when I was watching Age of Ultron with my friends when it was in theaters, and every time there was a "touching" or "romantic" moment between <redacted for spoilers>, I would stare angrily at the ceiling and crunch my popcorn as loudly as possible in the silence of the theater, occasionally making aggravated hand gestures and turning to my friends for confirmation that this was an extremely stupid thing to happen in this movie for so many reasons. This amused my friends to no end, because none of them felt nearly as strongly about it as I did. (I still hold a grudge toward Joss Whedon for that movie.)
  • Like 4
verily-forsooth-egads

I came here without really meaning to and started reading Rinner's post in a daze. There came that jarring moment when I registered what the post was about, immediately followed by the disappointing realisation of where I was. Part of me still thought I was on a comparatively mainstream Tumblr blog—if only.

• Like 1

Background: I work at a job that is really, really hard on your hands. My hands are often dried out, cracked and bleeding, I keep hand lotion with me and use it occasionally to try to counteract this as much as possible. A newer coworker complains to me about her hands being dry and sore, so I offer her some. Another coworker jokes, "You've only just met and you're already bringing out the lotion?" I stare in confusion -- I understand the sexual joke, but why say something like that about this??? This is not appropriate for work, I never thought someone would make a sexual joke about something that we all experience on a daily basis...? It still weirds me out just thinking about it... :/

• Like 7

I like watching things on DVR so I can fast forward through the sex scenes lol

• Like 2
Miss Anne Thrope

I was explaining to a friend (we are both 21) about how I don't really pay any attention to guys and that I'm not really interested in them (without saying that I'm asexual). Her response: "Yeah, I know what you mean. I was the same way. Then when I turned 14, I stopped being shy about my feelings and just started talking to guys."

*sigh*

• Like 7
Nea Rose Symphony

^ exactly me. I have no interest in males or females. Told someone on deviantart about it and she (I think) said that it changed for her. And I'm like thinking to myself "yeah I don't think it'll change for me"

• Like 4
DannyFenton123

Writing a review for somebody on a writing website (heavily simplified, of course):

A is a girl. B & C are boys.

My review: I liked the part when A gets even with B after C goes away. I had a feeling B would be getting his commupance for trying to murder A and all. Good thing C was alive to save A!

Somebody else's on the same chapter: C is nicer than B, definitely, but well, never judge a book by its cover. It could be A and B, or A and C... when will we see them get together?

Whoa, what? Why are we talking about love triangles when heads are rolling? xD

• Like 8

Texting with the husband just now:

Me: I about fell on my face walking down the stairs just now. I'm fine, just zinged my leg a little.

Him: Then I guess no dancing for you tonight? Unless it's a lap dance.

Me: Heck no, I'll be playing Xillia (Tales of Xillia for ps3) tonight!

Immediately after-

Me: I'm weird aren't I?

• Like 5

I'm an AAA as well, not that anyone cares XD

I care, and that's awesome!! Triple As should be an orientation. Kudos for the quad and quint As ;)

Why do I have to be reminded of my kindergarten time when other kids would describe the content of their toilet in very great detail...

I work in a hospital, I hear descriptions of excretions every day. Even during lunch break. And it's so funny, because none of the nurses care. It's just normal.