Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Marquis25

I was helping set up a board game that my friends and I play. We've gotten a new expansion recently and I described on of the new items I liked the most as 'sexy'. I proceeded to call it sexy multiple times. My boyfriend looked at me and said "I think that's the first time I've ever heard you use the word 'sexy'."

Seriously though, in terms of game play, this is a great item: http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Athame

musician of sorts

The other day I was playing Monopoly with some of my friends. One of my friends was doing quite well, and his girlfriend was trying to bargain with him for a property that she needed, which he was being (playfully, and strategically) mean about. It happened to be his birthday, and she was planning to bake him a cake, so she threatened him by saying she would withold cake from him.

I thought this was a legit threat.

(Though no-one else realised why I found this to be quite so ironic).

^_^

The other day I was playing Monopoly with some of my friends. One of my friends was doing quite well, and his girlfriend was trying to bargain with him for a property that she needed, which he was being (playfully, and strategically) mean about. It happened to be his birthday, and she was planning to bake him a cake, so she threatened him by saying she would withold cake from him.

^_^

I thought it was legit too-until I got to the 'withhold cake from him' part. At that point, I was practically blurting out the word 'sex'.

Mr Stranger

Once at a Catholic summer camp we were all playing around out by a lake. I didn't feel much like swimming, so I started to build a city. I started by choosing a little rise upon which to build a lighthouse. I made a sizable rectangle of sand and then build a tower a little over a foot tall on one of the corners. As some other boy was running by, he stepped on one of the corners. Instead of making a scene over it, I just converted the building at the base of the lighthouse to a triangle. Suddenly everyone was staring. I didn't know why. A few of the adults ordered me to stop being perverted, but I didn't see what they were talking about. They thought I was being facetious, of course. After several minutes of confusion another boy finally asked if I even knew what they all thought it looked like. I honestly answered that I didn't. He came over and made a ring around the top of the lighthouse tower and then poked a hole right in the top. I still didn't get it. At that point, one of the supervisors came over and kicked my little lighthouse apart. I was most upset. I tried my best to defend my actions, explaining that it was a lighthouse, but no one believed me. I was avoided for the rest of the week-long camp.

Only four years later, while in High School, did I finally realize that every one of them thought that I was carefully constructing a giant phallus.

Capslock Cadet

A friend just explained to me what the lyrics "my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard" meant. When I first heard the song I assume it was some weird comedy song about a girl making good milkshakes. Then I thought "okay, it's some kind of innuendo" but even when I was convinced it was an innuendo I still couldn't figure out what it meant. Now I know, and I still don't get it...

Tonight I got a spam email with the subject line "Get laid 2nite." It was the first time I ever actually bothered deleting a spam email.

For some, unknown reason, this memory just came back to me.

In the '90s when the spice girls were popular, I was watching the music video for when 2 become 1 with a friend of mine. Said friend turned to me and said "you know this is about sex, right"? I replied: What are you talking about? It's about love/romance, not sex.

I've since come to realize that she was right.

Wookieinmashoo

^_^

I still thought it was about the cake until AceofClub's comment....I'm still convinced it was about the cake. Taking away someone's cake would be more mean anyway.

You are what?

Sapioromanticism

WOW I love the intelligence of this word.I had no idea it existed.I just wandered around saying I was Aintellioromantic.

^_^

I still thought it was about the cake until AceofClub's comment....

Same.

A friend just explained to me what the lyrics "my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard" meant. When I first heard the song I assume it was some weird comedy song about a girl making good milkshakes. Then I thought "okay, it's some kind of innuendo" but even when I was convinced it was an innuendo I still couldn't figure out what it meant. Now I know, and I still don't get it...

Now I wanna know......oh please spoiler it if it's too dirty because i can't quite imagine....

I just looked up milkshake on urban dictionary. It means a woman's body and how she carries it.

cleuchtturm

I just looked up milkshake on urban dictionary. It means a woman's body and how she carries it.

I always figured it had to do with her shaking her torso so her breasts move around.

Wookieinmashoo

I always figured it had to do with her shaking her torso so her breasts move around.

I honestly thought it had something to do with lactation, or "milk". Why a woman would be making her own milkshakes, I don't know, but it just seemed gross to me :|

The first day I wore my black ace-pride ring, my friend high-fived me only to recoil in pain. I guess my ring has the power to repel sexuals. (he is polyamorous pansexual) Cool! :P

Actually i thought they were referring to being loud while having sex, not when you were alone. this is my ace moment for today, since i keep forgetting that people masturbate :blink:

:blink: You know what, that's totally what he could have been referring to as well... we were on skype with K (who's my "friend" and has clearly showed sexual interest).

..... Does this count as an Ace moment? :lol:

I guess this is more aromantic, but I had a dream the other night where I was swimming in a pool alone, painting a coral reef on the bottom, when this girl I know comes in and watches me for a bit, then says, "Caleb, it's very hard for me to describe my feelings for you right now, but I think it would be spiritually advantageous for both of us if we started dating." I just swam away without saying anything. :lol:

You can paint in the water?!?

ThingsWentBoom

A friend of mine and my mom were discussing men in films, and I was feeling a little left out. I never look at how handsome or something they are, I just watch the movie and judge how good they can act.

Friend: but if you watch a movie and you see a guy that's always the first thing you see!

Me: Uhm...is it?

Friend: yes that happens automaticaly!

Me: Not for me it doesn't.

Mom: then what kind of men do you find attractive?

Me:....Uhm....

Mom: ...you've never actually put any thought into it have you?

Me: Well- no.

And now they think I might be lesbian *sigh* There's of course nothing wrong with being lesbian, but I just don't like to be called something I'm not -_-

Marquis25

My boyfriend has one-use disposable monocles packaged to look like condoms on his desk. I read the packaging so I knew what they were, and I knew what they were supposed to look like. One of our friends came in and was surprised that my bf had condoms on his desk. My bf then explained that they were monocles and seemed almost a little surprised that anyone wouldn't have gotten that.

I was talking to my online gamer friends. We run in an event group and I noticed a trend where the majority of us were 5'11" or taller.

So this particular night, there was a newcomer. To see if this trend was still true, I asked him how tall he was. Another lady in our group jokingly said, "it doesn't matter how tall he is, the important part is how big his feet are!" and everyone burst out laughing.

Needless to say, I didn't understand what that meant. Apparently it's something where feet size correlates to penis size.

Yeah.

big feet = big penis....yeah i dont believe that -__-

Robotic Emu

I figured it was some sort of innuendo...but I never cared to find out. I found a meme about your interpretation.

http://memebase.com/2012/05/06/internet-memes-i-could-charge-they-said/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Memebase+%28Memebase+Alpha%29&utm_content=FaceBook&ref=nf

I don't know if this really belongs in here, but it doesn't deserve its own thread either. Anywho.

I was in Sociology today and taking a group test with my group. We tend to go off topic and have discussions when doing anything in class together. It's bad news bears. So we were on a part of our test concerning the elderly in society and we got off on another tangent and somehow one of my group members said "They even have sex," and I shuddered and was like "Oh, I don't want to think about it, but then again I'm not a big fan of anyone having sex." He had an audibly shocked reaction and asked me to repeat myself and it went something like this

Him: What? You don't like anyone having sex?

Me: :blink: Huh?

Him: What?

Me: Uhhhhhhhhhh... what do you think the answer is for number 22?

Yeah... so that was uncomfortable.

Disclaimer: I'm not anti-sex, just not a fan... yeah. Want to clear that up.

I bet a million sperm probably lost the will to live when you said that to him.

Makes me think of Star Wars--"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices sperm suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

GoAllyGoGo=Asexual Death Star? :blink:

Bwahahahaha, this was hilarious!!! Now i know what location to change to in my profile!

My boyfriend has one-use disposable monocles packaged to look like condoms on his desk. I read the packaging so I knew what they were, and I knew what they were supposed to look like. One of our friends came in and was surprised that my bf had condoms on his desk. My bf then explained that they were monocles and seemed almost a little surprised that anyone wouldn't have gotten that.

In case some of you are wondering why someone would package monocles as condoms... NSFW warning.

emberwing

I go to an all girls school, so while I THINK I'm asexual, I wasn't sure. Going on a five day trip to a big co-ed confrence, I decided to monitor both my internal reactions to boys and try to figure out if I was reacting the same as my fellow female comrades.

The results were quite conclusive. (SO MANY ACE MOMENTS)

Girl: Hey, have you seen that hot guy from (School)?

Me: Uh...I don't know. Maybe (having no idea who she's talking about)

Girl: Cause this other girl has this huge crush on him and I'm going to ask him if he's got someone because she's a wimp!

Me: So...have you seen any cute guys around?

Friend: Yeah, lots actually. Why?

Me: ...

Me: So yeah, I was at this sailing camp and I was one of the only girls there

Friend: So there were lots of boys?

Me: A metric ton of them

Friend: Were any of them cute?

Me: I don't know

Friend: What? How can you NOT know?

I also felt nothing when about two feet away from a shirtless guy who one of my friends was definitely very attracted to.

So yeah. Asexuality: pretty much confirmed

Marquis25

I was with my LARP group and a girl wearing nothing on her top ran over to us and sparred with one of our players. My thoughts "Huh. Why are women required to wear shirts when men don't have to again?" I'm hetero-oriented so I probably wouldn't have had an 'attracted' reaction anyway, but my thoughts were bizarrely not boob-focused.

Batman's Ace

There's this fan group. Where people post pictures of an admittedly cute TV character. He looks good in plaid shirts and leather jackets, but several of the girls make suggestive comments and longing sighs and all that. Apparently he's considered sexy.

Anyway, someone posted a picture of him with a dog. The first two comments, including mine, were about how beautiful the dog was. I don't know the breed, but it's a gorgeous creature. The guy's nice and all (Hutch from Starsky & Hutch, actually), but I'd rather have the one with the tail.

WoodwindWhistler

Me: So...have you seen any cute guys around?

Friend: Yeah, lots actually. Why?

Me: ...

Me: So yeah, I was at this sailing camp and I was one of the only girls there

Friend: So there were lots of boys?

Me: A metric ton of them

Friend: Were any of them cute?

Me: I don't know

Friend: What? How can you NOT know?

I have this problem where I have to explain to people that I DO think so-and-so is cute- I like aesthetic handsomeness/beauty as much as the next person- but I'm still aromantic ace. (after all, I think many elderly people are just as "beautiful.") I get this feeling that people often don't really believe me, that I'm in denial or something. Heh. Can't really say I blame them.

"a metric ton of them" -made me lol.

I was with my LARP group and a girl wearing nothing on her top ran over to us and sparred with one of our players. My thoughts "Huh. Why are women required to wear shirts when men don't have to again?" I'm hetero-oriented so I probably wouldn't have had an 'attracted' reaction anyway, but my thoughts were bizarrely not boob-focused.

You mean you're hetero-romantic? Are you demi?

. . . and she must've not been very well-endowed, or "sparring" sounds like it would be pretty uncomfortable, jumping (and bouncing) around . . . the "required" part of it evolved out of the "we need support" thing . . .

Gray Wizard

A conversation with my writing partners last week. It started out on the merits of good conversation, which I described as my absolute favorite activity next to sleeping/dreaming.

"If I had to choose between conversation and sex(a cruder expletive was used here), I don't know what I'd do."

Me: "That's not even a choice. Conversation any day."

Definitely got a look that said "really? That simple?".

Gray Wizard

OT: What does "LARP" stand for?

Live Action Role Playing. People do battle with foam weapons and use balls to represent magic spells. In application you run around beating on each other basically, though in theory it's like playing D&D with miniatures, except you are your character's miniature.

Marquis25

You mean you're hetero-romantic? Are you demi?

. . . and she must've not been very well-endowed, or "sparring" sounds like it would be pretty uncomfortable, jumping (and bouncing) around . . . the "required" part of it evolved out of the "we need support" thing . . .

I identify as hetero-demi-gray.

My guess is that she's at least a B cup. And while she was very bouncy in her movements, her breasts didn't move that much. I wouldn't LARP like that, partially because of support and partially for protection. Boffer weapons hurt.