Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Because pencil meant penis (I didn't realise that till recently either). We had to call them 'lead pens' to avoid the insinuation.

That one I never heard in school. Needless to say, I didn't know 'pencil' was slang for penis until just now.

We were discussing part of a book in my class tonight where a character masturbates with her mother's dirty panties over her face to smell them. Everyone else was bothered by the possible incest, I was grossed out that someone would want to smell another's sexual fluids...

• Like 1
Mahou-Koneko

We were discussing part of a book in my class tonight where a character masturbates with her mother's dirty panties over her face to smell them. Everyone else was bothered by the possible incest, I was grossed out that someone would want to smell another's sexual fluids...

... I'm grossed out by both things. But mostly for the same reason you are. Why would someone (even a fictional character) do that?! D:

• Like 1

I went to a summer math/science camp when I was a senior in high school. One night one of the other guys had us gather to make a "who's hot" list of the girls. He asked me who I wanted to nominate.

I had had a conversation with only one girl, so I said her name: Ashley.

"Ashley who? There are four Ashleys."

"Umm..."

Between that and the fact that I spent almost all of my time with one of my roommates (we were both too socially awkward to make friends with anyone else) I'm pretty sure most people thought we were gay.

Måskemigselvetsted

I had one today.

I was watching How I Met Your Mother, an episode in the first season called the Slutty Pumpkin. The character Robin was having an enlargement with the guy she'd been dating, he didn't think she liked him.

MIKE(the date): You like eating your own food, sleeping in your own bed, doing your own crosswords

ROBIN: Well who uses ink?

I thought about all of those things Mike listed and turned to my friend:

ME: She sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

My friend stares at me

ME: What? They were using the same spoon, that's gross! Its so annoying to sleep next to someone, they move too much, and how the hell is a crossword a team activity?

My Friend: Wow...

ME: What? :blink:

:lol:

I asked her the same thing cause I didn't get it either! She said that sleeping with someone (my guess would be in the literal sense of actually being unconscious together) is something to show trust and closeness, same with sharing food off of the same plate and such. She didn't really have an answer about the crossword thing, she just said that boyfriends and girlfriends can turn a traditionally one person activity in to a two person activity. And Robin's reluctance to do these things meant she didn't like the guy.

I myself don't understand how having someone hog the bed is meant to bring closeness, and I suppose that sharing silverware could bring you closer, what says romance like sharing a case of the flu with your beloved? :lol:

The crossword I get. Well, I don't get that it has anything to do with wether you like someone or don't, but if it's hard enough, it might be easiere to solve if you are two. But I guess it wasn't that they were going for.

Actually, even though it's gross sharing the spoon, I think romance and sharing flues goes quite nicely together. What about kissing? Making out? (which I know my friend does with her boyfriend even when he actually is sick, just if the thought of bacterias weren't enough to begin with.)

It weren't untill I read it that I thought there might be some incest invovled. But ew! How can somebody want to do that? I guess they view it differently.

significantlysilent

*I don't know if these are all classified as "ace moments" or not. To me, at the very least, they seemed like they might fit.

---Sleepover with 20 some people in middle school. Always, it came to the conversation of "who did you like?" I never had an answer. I didn't really understand how people could like other people at what—13? I always had to tell them a million times that I just didn't like anyone and never had.

---When an old friend of mine asked if I was gay and I had to explain to her that I was asexual, which she didn't think could really exist.

When my mother said that I shouldn't buy a shirt because "that is what lesbians where". The car ride home was me trying to explain to her that I was asexual and didn't have any preference for genders or an interest in romantic relationships (which of course, she didn't believe the existence of either).

---A close friend of mine trying to understand asexuality and all I could come up with saying was that I "did'nt have a preference for any gender" and she was like "so that means you could like either?" me: "technically, yeah I guess."

---My mom saying that I shouldn't hang out with my two closest friends because they are lesbian (not dating each other, mind you). I said because they were gay didn't necessarily mean that I was gay. To which, she the word "necessarily" as an indication that I was possibly intrested in women.

---My mother saying that asexuality wasn't "normal" or "christian" and that "it was wrong" blahblahblah.

---And like someone said up there, my two closest friends and I all hang out with just mainly eachother due to us all being a bit socially awkward. They are both lesbian, but none of us are dating eachother or anything. So who knows what others think by this point.

So I had one at work yesterday. I'm helping a (female) colleague look for a can of compressed air so that I can clean the fans out in her laptop.

I see a male colleague who I know occasionally has one at his desk, so I say, "Hey, you got any compressed air?"

The lady I'm trying to help goes, "No! Don't ask him that!!"

I'm all "Uhhh why not?"

She goes, "What if he had a hot dog, he could well have compressed air that isn't of the type we're looking for"

Me: **Stares Blankly**

Her: What if he has gas?

Me: Uh, OK, then, sure....

Male colleague: *snicker*

My reaction in my head: "Dammit, I did it again. Made some sort of innuendo that I didn't even know existed."

So I had one at work yesterday. I'm helping a (female) colleague look for a can of compressed air so that I can clean the fans out in her laptop.

I see a male colleague who I know occasionally has one at his desk, so I say, "Hey, you got any compressed air?"

The lady I'm trying to help goes, "No! Don't ask him that!!"

I'm all "Uhhh why not?"

She goes, "What if he had a hot dog, he could well have compressed air that isn't of the type we're looking for"

Me: **Stares Blankly**

Her: What if he has gas?

Me: Uh, OK, then, sure....

Male colleague: *snicker*

My reaction in my head: "Dammit, I did it again. Made some sort of innuendo that I didn't even know existed."

Took me a couple read-throughs, but I think this one is about farts. Though honestly I thought we grew out of that in middle school.

About a week ago I was at a church singles group activity. Someone said that there were some refreshments in the kitchen. When I went in, I walked in on a girl, who I'm interested in and has shown interest in me, and another guy making out. I just said "Um, someone told me that there was food in here."

I was a bit surprised that I didn't feel any jealousy.

(I didn't yet have any idea that I might be ace. Yes, I'm that much of a newb to the idea.)

So I had one at work yesterday. I'm helping a (female) colleague look for a can of compressed air so that I can clean the fans out in her laptop. I see a male colleague who I know occasionally has one at his desk, so I say, "Hey, you got any compressed air?"The lady I'm trying to help goes, "No! Don't ask him that!!"I'm all "Uhhh why not?"She goes, "What if he had a hot dog, he could well have compressed air that isn't of the type we're looking for"Me: **Stares Blankly**Her: What if he has gas?Me: Uh, OK, then, sure....Male colleague: *snicker*My reaction in my head: "Dammit, I did it again. Made some sort of innuendo that I didn't even know existed."
Took me a couple read-throughs, but I think this one is about farts. Though honestly I thought we grew out of that in middle school.

Yes, and me too.

I mean really, we were at the office. *shakes head*

@MCNL: Haha, that's so cute.My gray friend and I have had a really awesome habit of playing 21 questions (more like xx Questions because we've been playing since October!). The other night, we were playing, mostly talking about sex-related things. Then he asked me if I was allergic to latex. I gave him an honest answer (I don't know but my mom is... so I wouldn't be surprised if I was too). He seemed kind of.... almost incredulous? More... surprised. He even said that it was good to know. I didn't think much of it.Today I just learned that he asked because he was thinking about condoms. You know, considering what we were talking about you'd think I would have known... but seriously? Way over my head.

I've done this!! I was in Uni and a large group of us were driving to New Orleans. One of my friends asked me if I was allergic to latex, and I said that I thought so because of when I had braces (I had serious issues with the latex rubber bands).

He responded almost exactly the same. He was all, well it's a good thing to know.

I didn't find out until several days later that he was fishing for if my boyfriend and I were having sex. Apparently our whole group was dying of curiosity.

I just had an epic ace moment in the middle of work.

One of the other employees was trying to get me to go out on a date with one of her friends, to which I replied, "I don't want a girlfriend right now."

Her: "What do you do all day, then?"

Me: "Hang out with friends, read books, surf the net. You know, stuff."

Her: "That's sounds so boring!"

Me: "Why? What can I do with a girlfriend that I can't do with my friends?"

Her: *stunned, wide eyed silence*

I didn't get the implications until much, much later.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm either bi or gay now. *shrugs* It wouldn't be the first time I accidently gave someone that impression (and probably not the last, either!).

• Like 1
Måskemigselvetsted

I just had an epic ace moment in the middle of work.

One of the other employees was trying to get me to go out on a date with one of her friends, to which I replied, "I don't want a girlfriend right now."

Her: "What do you do all day, then?"

Me: "Hang out with friends, read books, surf the net. You know, stuff."

Her: "That's sounds so boring!"

Me: "Why? What can I do with a girlfriend that I can't do with my friends?"

Her: *stunned, wide eyed silence*

I didn't get the implications until much, much later.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm either bi or gay now. *shrugs* It wouldn't be the first time I accidently gave someone that impression (and probably not the last, either!).

Are she actually implying that people have sex all day and everything else would be boring? Because they don't. Or just that it's more fun to hang out with a girl/boyfriend than ones friends?

• Like 1
Electrickery

This was a while ago...

In High School, aged maybe 16 or so, my friends were getting suspicious that I was a lesbian because I never said a peep about this or that hot guy.

We were wagging school and after hours of them going crazy about 'hot guys', one of my friends turned to me and said, "How come you NEVER say anyting about any hot guy?"

I shrugged, genuinely bored to death by all their yammering but suddenly alert that this could go bad, I lied, "I dont know, I just dont like any of the guys at our school."

Actually I didnt like any guys anywhere and simply couldnt understand why they were so obsessed.

"No but it's not that -- you dont even think any of the guys on TV, or at the movies are hot."

Panic. Panic not because they might think I was gay but panic because they might figure out I was broken, which is what I thought. I snapped, "Fine then, if you insist --" putting on a whine, "Ooooooh look at that guy there! He's soooooo hoooooot! I want to go out with him, do you think he likes me?"

I didnt even bother to look, turns out guy is a girl. Then they thought I was gay, which they thought was bad, which I also didnt understand. Simply put, I just thought the whole sex thing was a big fat overated band wagon that everyone jumped on because they thought they had too.

I kept waiting for some *urge* to appear, but it never did. Yes I had sex -- mainly to fool people into thinking I was 'normal' -- and yes, I still do because my partner, whom I love with all my *heart*, needs sex to feel connected with me, but to be honest I'd rather do just about a thousand other things and if we never had sex again I'd be delighted. It's just to the death overated and boring for me and always has been.

I only found this forum today, and to be honest have never really talked to anyone about this, but let me just say... phew! I got over my own trips around being asexual a long time ago but I had no idea there were other people around I would be be able to connect with about this.

• Like 1
Tangle Wood

A conversation I have had with some male,oversexual friends on various occations over the years. Goes something like this:

Friend:Why dont you get a girlfriend?Getting laid`n stuff

Me:Dont feel like it..

Friend:How `bout a prostitute?No mess with feeligs and stuff the morning after..

Me:Dont think it`s worth it..

Friend:I`ll pay,I know a really good one

Me:Dont think so..

Friend:You gay?

(TURNINGPOINT:Im getting fed up!)

Me:No.But thanks for asking.

Friend:You dont talk about sex!You dont want a girlfriend!Dont even want a free prostitute!Of course you`re gay! You`re an idiot for denying that!Look in the mirror and admit for yourself!!Dont worry,I`m gay-tolerant.Feel free to confess..

Me:So,you talk about and have sex as often and as much as you can.You travel halfway around the globe for a month`s sex-vacation.Why is that so important?

Friend:Well,to get confirmation!

Me:Confirmation of what and for whom?

Friend:That I`m straight,for goodness sake!What else?!

Me:So,let me get things straight:If you can`t talk about your sexlife,and brag about having sex with a woman every other day,you and everybody around you would think you`re gay?Why would you and they even think of such a thing?

Friend:Ehh..?

Me:Well,are you gay?Feel free to confess..

This conversation has turned out to be an effective way to end a friendship..

• Like 1

This was a while ago...

In High School, aged maybe 16 or so, my friends were getting suspicious that I was a lesbian because I never said a peep about this or that hot guy.

We were wagging school and after hours of them going crazy about 'hot guys', one of my friends turned to me and said, "How come you NEVER say anyting about any hot guy?"

I shrugged, genuinely bored to death by all their yammering but suddenly alert that this could go bad, I lied, "I dont know, I just dont like any of the guys at our school."

Actually I didnt like any guys anywhere and simply couldnt understand why they were so obsessed.

"No but it's not that -- you dont even think any of the guys on TV, or at the movies are hot."

Panic. Panic not because they might think I was gay but panic because they might figure out I was broken, which is what I thought. I snapped, "Fine then, if you insist --" putting on a whine, "Ooooooh look at that guy there! He's soooooo hoooooot! I want to go out with him, do you think he likes me?"

I didnt even bother to look, turns out guy is a girl. Then they thought I was gay, which they thought was bad, which I also didnt understand. Simply put, I just thought the whole sex thing was a big fat overated band wagon that everyone jumped on because they thought they had too.

I kept waiting for some *urge* to appear, but it never did. Yes I had sex -- mainly to fool people into thinking I was 'normal' -- and yes, I still do because my partner, whom I love with all my *heart*, needs sex to feel connected with me, but to be honest I'd rather do just about a thousand other things and if we never had sex again I'd be delighted. It's just to the death overated and boring for me and always has been.

I only found this forum today, and to be honest have never really talked to anyone about this, but let me just say... phew! I got over my own trips around being asexual a long time ago but I had no idea there were other people around I would be be able to connect with about this.

Welcome to AVEN, Electrickery! I'm new here, too.

I just referred to 'sex' multiple time as 'cake' when referring to Women's sexuality within a marriage in the 19th century in my History of Manhood class.

Me: "So women were not supposed to want cake then."

Classmates: WTAF

• Like 1

I just referred to 'sex' multiple time as 'cake' when referring to Women's sexuality within a marriage in the 19th century in my History of Manhood class.

That brings new meaning to "the cake is a lie."

glitchunter

History... of... Manhood?

AmoebaAssociate

I had one today.

I was watching How I Met Your Mother, an episode in the first season called the Slutty Pumpkin. The character Robin was having an enlargement with the guy she'd been dating, he didn't think she liked him.

MIKE(the date): You like eating your own food, sleeping in your own bed, doing your own crosswords

ROBIN: Well who uses ink?

I thought about all of those things Mike listed and turned to my friend:

ME: She sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

My friend stares at me

ME: What? They were using the same spoon, that's gross! Its so annoying to sleep next to someone, they move too much, and how the hell is a crossword a team activity?

My Friend: Wow...

ME: What? :blink:

:lol:

I don't get it :huh:

What was your friend's point of view?

I asked her the same thing cause I didn't get it either! She said that sleeping with someone (my guess would be in the literal sense of actually being unconscious together) is something to show trust and closeness, same with sharing food off of the same plate and such. She didn't really have an answer about the crossword thing, she just said that boyfriends and girlfriends can turn a traditionally one person activity in to a two person activity. And Robin's reluctance to do these things meant she didn't like the guy.

I myself don't understand how having someone hog the bed is meant to bring closeness, and I suppose that sharing silverware could bring you closer, what says romance like sharing a case of the flu with your beloved? :lol:

Ah...okay. Yeah, I hate having other people in my bed.

little birdie

Random guy at the beach: *wanders up to me* "Hey...you chaperoning those girls over there?"

Me: (wondering why he's asking)"Uhh...no, I'm actually with him."

I point to my friend, who's 3 years younger than me. He smiles and waves.

Guy: "...oh. Okay." *looks disappointed and leaves*

Later, my friend explained that he was trying to flirt with me, and that when I had said that I was with him, the guy thought I meant that I was dating him. Oops. xD

Also, after hanging out with like 8 guys in a hot tub:

"So-and-so was staring at me. It was so creepy..." (I'd been wearing a bikini)

Friend: "Oh come on, you can't admit that you weren't checking the guys out, too..."

Me: "Umm...no?"

I was writing a fic with a friend of mine, just some nonsensical quick back and forth typing. Well, her character came up to mine (who was reading) and obviously wanted to well, yeah. She knows I'm asexual which makes this more amusing.

It took me (and therefore my character) FAR, FAR too long to realize what her character was getting at.

We laughed about it later. Hysterically.

I felt so dumb because I usually pride myself on not being oblivious.

Yeah. Missed that one.

It was super funny though once we talked about it.

("So at this point... Yeah, I was totally out of it and just... clueless." "Oh. I know." And then lots of laughter. I apologized a ton. She said it was fine and not to worry about it -- it just amused her.)

Mahou-Koneko

I was writing a fic with a friend of mine, just some nonsensical quick back and forth typing. Well, her character came up to mine (who was reading) and obviously wanted to well, yeah. She knows I'm asexual which makes this more amusing.

It took me (and therefore my character) FAR, FAR too long to realize what her character was getting at.

Yeah. Missed that one.

("So at this point... Yeah, I was totally out of it and just... clueless." "Oh. I know." And then lots of laughter. I apologized a ton. She said it was fine and not to worry about it -- it just amused her.)

This happens to me an awful lot too! I role play a fair bit with a good friend of mine so it happens quite often. Especially since my characters are all sexuals... means they tend to miss obvious flirtations and other cue's a darn lot because I don't realise what's happening. It's great to laugh about!

Yeah. Missed that one.

This happens to me an awful lot too! I role play a fair bit with a good friend of mine so it happens quite often. Especially since my characters are all sexuals... means they tend to miss obvious flirtations and other cue's a darn lot because I don't realise what's happening. It's great to laugh about!

Yes, exactly! I have one asexual Sherlock, but all the rest I ever use are sexuals. It's only happened the once so far. We're still laughing about it, days later. It was such a funny moment. I was shining through in my character... Oops!

*I don't know if these are all classified as "ace moments" or not. To me, at the very least, they seemed like they might fit.

---Sleepover with 20 some people in middle school. Always, it came to the conversation of "who did you like?" I never had an answer. I didn't really understand how people could like other people at what—13? I always had to tell them a million times that I just didn't like anyone and never had.

THIS.

seriously, why does no one ever believe me when i say i don't have anyone i crush on.

to get them to shut up, i give them the name of my squish.

Kung Fu Witch

I just remembered an ace moment : I was playing video games with two friends, a guy and a girl, and the conversation leads to my male friend telling us he liked my butt more than my girl friend's. After a long silence, the only thing I could say was : "I'm not really sure how to respond to that".

I know it was supposed to be a compliment, but it was just really strange to me that he had put enough thought into whose butt he liked best...

On the radio, they were hanung people call in and comment on fb to say which was sexier: sideboob or cleavage. I get most things, but I can't wrap my head around the obsession with looking at parts of boobs.

cleuchtturm

On the radio, they were hanung people call in and comment on fb to say which was sexier: sideboob or cleavage. I get most things, but I can't wrap my head around the obsession with looking at parts of boobs.

Off topic, but I can't look at anything but that weeping angel in your avatar. I seriously have nightmares about those things. :blink:

Off topic, but I can't look at anything but that weeping angel in your avatar. I seriously have nightmares about those things. :blink:

You blinked!