Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Miss Anne Thrope

When people around me make a comment about how attractive a person is and I'm reminded that that's a thing that most people notice and care about.

• Like 4
Galactic Turtle

When you get a Force Skype call from a shirtless Kylo Ren and reflexively make a stank face.

Yes, I'm making Rey ace in my head. Let me live.

• Like 1

Lol these are pretty awesome so far. I also forgot to mention that I am a huge Sherlock fan. People kept going on about this 'purple shirt of sex' and stuff. I looked it up and it's just that purple shirt he wears all the time. I thought "yea that makes sense; the shirt is purple and Sherlock's asexual... the bottom stripe of the ace flag is purple. Totally makes sense." 

Then about a month later I figured out it was actually called that because it apparently looks really 'sexy' on him... oops.

• Like 3

An unforeseen accomplishment of being asexual has been being labeled as being both a "prude" and a "player". *self high-five*

I try not to get too crazy riled up about either now, because in the end, the labels are due to a lack of communication and there's only so much that I feel comfortable sharing with random people. As if I'm going to stamp "asexual" on my forehead. It’s frustrating, because both tend to misconceptions. While being a "prude", you're assumed to be naive and have grown up sheltered, which presents the idea that you don't know what you're missing out on and that you just need to break out of your shell. On the flipside, I should explain a little the source of the player label first. It’s been normal for me to be very comfortable being friends with men since I don't view them with any sort of romanticism or sexually attachment. It took me a while for the idea to stick, but now I understand that many of the male friends that I accumulate have been due to their view of me through a lens of romantic or sexual attraction (which is a discussion in itself). I'm much more proactive in my communication now, but before, I'm sure I was the damn master of leading men on. Being a "player", you're assumed to be manipulative and (my favorite straight from urban dictionary) in "full reproductive mode". 

14 hours ago, Galactic Turtle said:

When you get a Force Skype call from a shirtless Kylo Ren and reflexively make a stank face.

Yes, I'm making Rey ace in my head. Let me live.

Lol! Right before seeing The Last Jedi, a friend of mine showed me a picture of shirtless Kylo and was like "Do you see it?!!" And I was looking frantically all over the picture being like, "What? Is there a spoiler I'm not seeing?" And then I realized she was actually referring to his shredded torso, lol XD

Galactic Turtle
1 minute ago, TheNerdyOne said:

Lol! Right before seeing The Last Jedi, a friend of mine showed me a picture of shirtless Kylo and was like "Do you see it?!!" And I was looking frantically all over the picture being like, "What? Is there a spoiler I'm not seeing?" And then I realized she was actually referring to his shredded torso, lol XD

Was he even shredded? I just saw white. XD

• Like 2

When you get "the talk" and then you're like "Well, I'm not going to have sex or kids, so how do I skip the period part?" XD Ha ha, ha ha...ha...ha...oh, you poor, innocent soul...

• Like 4
Just now, Galactic Turtle said:

Was he even shredded? I just saw white. XD

Same :P Honestly, as far as his muscles go, he's not the most attractive guy I've ever seen. Muscles have never attracted me to begin with.

WinterWanderer

My parents came to stay at my place over Christmas. At one point, my mom and I went out to her car to get some sodas. When we got there, I glanced at my car and noticed that I had parked just barely on one of the lines. Annoyed, I said, "Ugh, I'm not straight."

My mom, who doesn't know I'm ace, stopped and turned around to look at me. I pointed at the car and said, "I didn't park straight." She said, "Oh," and went back to opening the trunk of her car. :lol:

Later, I realized that if I was planning to come out to her, that would've been the perfect segue.

• Like 19

Working on a rooftop one day, co worker looks down the street, sees a supposedly pretty woman, asked what I thought about that. I shrugged and went back to work.

• Like 1
On 12/25/2017 at 9:35 AM, Mirari said:

Until fairly recently, I used to think it was sweet when couples were said to have been "making love" because I thought it meant they were putting more effort to make their relationship flourish.

Well, you weren't wrong about that, after a fashion.

• Like 1
On 12/22/2017 at 9:40 PM, Willgracefan said:

I put a photo of four players from my favorite NHL team (LGI) in front of a Christmas tree as my work desktop photo... a day later my coworker said “wow, I wouldn’t mind being hip checked by any one of them”. To me my mind went straight to thinking, “NO! That means a penalty....

Off topic... but just want to say hockey is awesome!

21 hours ago, CatClawz said:

Lol these are pretty awesome so far. I also forgot to mention that I am a huge Sherlock fan. People kept going on about this 'purple shirt of sex' and stuff. I looked it up and it's just that purple shirt he wears all the time. I thought "yea that makes sense; the shirt is purple and Sherlock's asexual... the bottom stripe of the ace flag is purple. Totally makes sense." 

Then about a month later I figured out it was actually called that because it apparently looks really 'sexy' on him... oops.

I don't get that, either. I love Benedict and I think he's a very good-looking man, but to be honest that shirt doesn't look any different on him than his other shirts do.

• Like 2

When your friends keep showing you pictures of "hot" boys (mostly shirtless in my case) and your just like "uh, please stop"

Yesterday on TV, something was said about couples having sex about twice a day. Afterwards the topic shifted to "How to keep that rate with 40+".

My reaction: "Isn't that a bit… insanely much!? Is this really normal!? Is that necessary!?"

It wasn't the first time I heard something like that, but every single time, that's my reaction. I just find it hard to believe. :mellow:

PS: Today I learnt the term "slutdrop" thanks to this thread.

Spoiler

W h a t . . .

• Like 4

I remember in middle school when everyone was just starting to hit puberty and become interested in people my friends would often talk about who they thought was the hottest boy in our class. I was sitting around a table with them and one of them mentioned a boy in our grade, saying that he was "soooo hot". I looked at her like she was crazy and said something along the lines of; "what are you talking about he's an asshole.". My friends all then proceeded to explain to me that someone didn't need to be nice to be hot and then pointed out a whole bunch of people as examples. The whole time all I just sat there, growing increasingly confused and concerned about my friend's ability to determine who'd be a good fit for them in future relationships. Eventually they all gave up trying to explain and just labeled my apathy/total obliviousness as a me thing. 

I never understood sexually related jokes at first, but as I've gotten older and they became more prevalent in humor I almost always catch them. I also find them funny, but I think I do for a different reason. For example I can make a completely ridiculous sex joke about myself but it's the irony in it that's hilarious because I made the joke but don't actually care about sex. Is that weird? 

• Like 11
nerdperson777
2 hours ago, Sylvastor said:

PS: Today I learnt the term "slutdrop" thanks to this thread.

Reveal hidden contents

W h a t . . .

Ah yeah, sorry about that.  I just learned it too, just because of that friend.  You actually can learn a lot of weird things in this forum, but at least among other people who may have had the same reaction as you had.  Plus, I'd consider it better to learn here because we may have some immature friends or relatives who pick on us for not knowing.

59 minutes ago, Kylocks said:

never understood sexually related jokes at first, but as I've gotten older and they became more prevalent in humor I almost always catch them. I also find them funny, but I think I do for a different reason. For example I can make a completely ridiculous sex joke about myself but it's the irony in it that's hilarious because I made the joke but don't actually care about sex. Is that weird? 

I'm kind of thinking, it's like I can make a joke, but I'm not exactly connecting myself to it.  I like to play on words to make something sound suggestive but it actually isn't.  Like maybe two years ago, I posted a status here asking, "Is it called sexual attraction if every time I see a computer, I want to open it up and see what's inside?"  Since then, I've revised this to attractive computers, because it's not like I'm 'attracted' to every computer.  I even found a screenshot about me using that in a public site, saying that I don't have to open my computer to see, because I have a window.  I'm making it sound dirty, but I never mention sex, or anything on that level.  Being 'attracted' to my computer is the closest thing I'll get to the traditional idea that many people have in mind.  I'm actually waiting for the moment that someone actually comes up to my face and asks who I like so I can say computers.  'Yes, I'm dating my computer.'  'I like computers, not people.'

• Like 3
1 hour ago, nerdperson777 said:

Ah yeah, sorry about that.  I just learned it too, just because of that friend.  You actually can learn a lot of weird things in this forum, but at least among other people who may have had the same reaction as you had.  Plus, I'd consider it better to learn here because we may have some immature friends or relatives who pick on us for not knowing.

True that but no problem, I heard worse. :lol:

In this case I'm just amazed by how dumb that term is and that this is a "real" term which (after a short tour through Google) turns out to be used in normal media and yellow press. Like what even... What about the kids? And aren't those who do the "slutdrop" passively insulted when they are described doing it? Do they usually know the term? Don't they feel ashamed? Doesn't this come across as disgusting? Is this yet another Ace Moment? :lol:

• Like 2

The thing is girls are only expected to slutdrop. So when I was at a summer camp I was asked to. A firm no was needed. Pretty much the same response to dancing and other youth crazies 

• Like 2
On 12/3/2008 at 12:48 PM, cijay said:

I never 'didn't get' double entendres, they're just childish.

What are these?....

• Like 1

I've had my fair share of asexy moments as well. Most of them are in front of my one friend that knows I'm asexual, and she laughs her head off at my obliviousness. Here are a few:

1) So this kid at my school has a really cool jacket with the Hufflepuff insignia on it. One day I told my mom about it and how I wanted one like it. It was a kind of 'jock' style and looked really neat. Anyway, my mom asked if the guy wearing it was cute. My response was, "I don't know. Honestly, I was looking more at the jacket than the guy wearing it."

2) My one friend and I were on our driving permits, and there's this busy street where you have to turn really fast to get into or out of anywhere. So my mom was driving while we were joking around, and my friend said, "Yea, my pull out game is really strong!"

I was like, "Hey, my pull out game is pretty good..." my friend starts laughing her head off as understanding dawns on my face. Then I started joking with her saying "ha lol nvm my pull out game is really bad! nonexistent, even!" We were cracking up while my mom nervously looked at us like wth is going on..?

3) I'm a huge Sherlock fan and there's this thing I found about the "purple shirt of sex". It turns out it's just this purple shirt he wears all the time. Anyway, I was like, 'oh yea, that makes sense. Sherlock's asexual, the shirt is purple and the bottom stripe of the ace flag is purple. Genius!' Then ace bout a month later I found out that it was actually called that because he looks really 'sexy' in it... oops :P

• Like 5

Sexy cute nice smart hot lovely id bonk him...they are all synonymous with aesthetics fashion sense kindness etc and the response is to feel happy pleased and joy at a potential friend right? Lol

He has a nice bum is the like saying it has shape right? Like who cares about what shape of bum he has I want pizza!

• Like 1
nerdperson777
22 hours ago, Sylvastor said:

True that but no problem, I heard worse. :lol:

In this case I'm just amazed by how dumb that term is and that this is a "real" term which (after a short tour through Google) turns out to be used in normal media and yellow press. Like what even... What about the kids? And aren't those who do the "slutdrop" passively insulted when they are described doing it? Do they usually know the term? Don't they feel ashamed? Doesn't this come across as disgusting? Is this yet another Ace Moment? :lol:

The more you question these things, the ace-ier you get.  :lol:

• Like 5
31 minutes ago, Lirpaderp said:

What's slutdrop?

Far as I can see it's doing a squat very quickly with your bottom stuck out.

@roland.o Wow, those gifs surely look stupid. I didn't even watch gifs long enough to have a proper idea of it, just that it involved going down and moving the rear up or something like that and that it's common in pop music on stage...

@nerdperson777 My quest to quest-ion things like that shall continue. :lol:

I'll add another moment here: In a pretty silly conversation, a friend asked me a question today, a "Would you rather *something I forgot already* or *something else I forgot already*?"-type, it was some double entendre and something sexually-themed. I actually wish I cared enough to recall what exactly the content of the question was, but I was too busy laughing at the absurdity of the creativity of the double entendre and the terms used for the sexually-themed thing 2 minutes after I finally got what it's supposed to mean. One minute I wondered what the heck that was supposed to mean with a hilarious mental image, the other minute was trying to get it after said friend explained both to me.

Really though, I wish I recalled what exactly the contents of the question were... it was better than the best joke I heard this month.

• Like 1