Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

2 minutes ago, miau said:

...it isn't?

Do I want to know what it is or will I be happier to skip it?

You'll be happier not to know. XD

• Like 3

When I was, like, eight years old, my dad said something about sex to my mom, because some innuendo or whatever was happening in a movie on the TV. I was reading a book nearby. It went something like this.

My mom: Eric! Your daughter can hear you!

My dad: Oh come on, she doesn't even know what sex is. And she'll be getting The Talk soon enough anyway.

Me: I know what sex is! I don't need The Talk! (I watched a ton of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. I had made all the necessary connections to understand sex. I was sex-repulsed, but I still liked proving that I knew stuff.)

Dad: How do you know what sex is?

Mom: Who told you?

Me: *brief pause* No one... I heard it I guess? I mean, I know you and Dad have had sex. That's how you had me and Lukie. (my little brother)

Mom: *assumes I just knew that sex leads to pregnancy and that I don't know how it is done* And what exactly do you know about sex?

Me: *carefully tells her in a very clinical way the physical act of sex, mostly from the point of view of a man having sex with a woman, not the two having sex with each other (because I thought I was the norm for a girl- and I would never want to have sex)*

Parents: *stare at me, confused as to how I know this*

And then my mother proceeded to take me up to her room and give me a talk on the role of sex in a conservative Christian girl's life. I was very disinterested at first, just nodding. Then I was terrified because I'm romantic and I wanted a husband, and she said that when I had a husband, we would have sex. No 'if's, 'and's, 'or's, or 'but's about it. She thought my disgust was typical because of my age and told me that I would get over it.

We then proceeded to somehow have the topic of marriage (and thus sex) brought up every couple of years, and when I started having panic attacks in the middle of our discussions, she became concerned that I was not normal... lol. She's still 'concerned' about me.

I just realised this changed from an asexual anecdote that I found amusing to a slightly more heavy discussion of my asexual anxieties. Wow, I'm a mess, sorry. :lol::lol:

• Like 6

One I didn't tell yet from two months ago at a student meetup:

A dude from my course, totally out of nowhere to me: "That one chick over there's pretty hot, very even. I thought she'd be one of us artists considering how she looks like, but turns out she's a programmer. Such a pity."

My thoughts: "Uh, okay? :blink:"

I think I did a good job at hiding my thoughts though. But I was quite weirded out, I totally forgot people make such comments. :lol:

Later on in that conversation it turned out that guy has a girlfriend and claimed he wouldn't do anything, but that situation was pretty weird anyway.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Sylvastor said:

One I didn't tell yet from two months ago at a student meetup:

A dude from my course, totally out of nowhere to me: "That one chick over there's pretty hot, very even. I thought she'd be one of us artists considering how she looks like, but turns out she's a programmer. Such a pity."

My thoughts: "Uh, okay? :blink:"

I think I did a good job at hiding my thoughts though. But I was quite weirded out, I totally forgot people make such comments. :lol:

Later on in that conversation it turned out that guy has a girlfriend and claimed he wouldn't do anything, but that situation was pretty weird anyway.

I can find people aesthetically pleasing but I don't usually go out of my way to point it out. Still though it catches me off guard when a friend says "man, that girl/guys got a nice ass." or something as I just look at them like "What?" O-o 

• Like 4
Just now, YamiCake said:

I can find people aesthetically pleasing but I don't usually go out of my way to point it out. Still though it catches me off guard when a friend says "man, that girl/guys got a nice ass." or something as I just look at them like "What?" O-o 

I actually wonder why they feel the need to point it out. :blink:

• Like 7
Just now, Sylvastor said:

I know, I don't get it either. Especially when it's a comment about their ass because I never look there and it seems weird that someone would lol

• Like 5
Just now, YamiCake said:

I know, I don't get it either. Especially when it's a comment about their ass because I never look there and it seems weird that someone would lol

Even weirder when someone asks you "who's in your course" and you list a few people and one of the first questions is "does X have a nice rack/butt?" and I'm like "Uh, what? What? And how should I even know!?"

Hell, I don't even look that way. :lol:

• Like 4

Last week at a meeting of a queer group at university we found a guide book on how the moon shapes your live depending on your date of birth.

It was really funny because according to the book, the asexual was supposed to be much more into sex  than the three lesbians around. Almost every advice for me was when, with whom and how to have sex, while the others got advice how to deal with other stuff.

There are now to possibilities: I am wrong or the guide is wrong ;) You can decide which is the case. I have my answer.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Sylvastor said:

Even weirder when someone asks you "who's in your course" and you list a few people and one of the first questions is "does X have a nice rack/butt?" and I'm like "Uh, what? What? And how should I even know!?"

I don't care for butts. Is it just me, that faces are much more attractive than butts?

This summer there was a nude painting event in a park. I went there just to see what is going on. It was so boring that I left after five minutes. What is interesting in watching painters painting nude girls? For many people there probably the nude girls, guessing from where they were looking.

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, Bloc said:

I don't care for butts. Is it just me, that faces are much more attractive than butts?

This summer there was a nude painting event in a park. I went there just to see what is going on. It was so boring that I left after five minutes. What is interesting in watching painters painting nude girls? For many people there probably the nude girls, guessing from where they were looking.

No, you're not alone there. I consider faces to be the aesthetical eyecatcher (wow, unintentional pun… because eyes… nevermind) of a person too. Then again, I'm not quite the normal guy, otherwise I wouldn't be on AVEN. After all AVEN is a place where the social majority shapes the minority of the userbase… :P

I'm actually surprised there was such an event in a park. I didn't know this was allowed and assumed public nudity wasn't legal. :huh:

9 minutes ago, Sylvastor said:

I'm actually surprised there was such an event in a park. I didn't know this was allowed and assumed public nudity wasn't legal. :huh:

In Germany public nudity is only illegal if it disturbs the public peace, then you have to pay a fine, or if you are doing it with a sexual motivation and somebody is disturbed by it, then it is a crime. But I didn't study law, so this is probably not accurate.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Bloc said:

In Germany public nudity is only illegal if it disturbs the public peace, then you have to pay a fine, or if you are doing it with a sexual motivation and somebody is disturbed by it, then it is a crime. But I didn't study law, so this is probably not accurate.

Ah, that explains why I assumed so. This whole "disturbing public peace" is vague enough in this context that one can simply say it's illegal, because someone might or will feel disturbed. :P

9 minutes ago, Sylvastor said:

Ah, that explains why I assumed so. This whole "disturbing public peace" is vague enough in this context that one can simply say it's illegal, because someone might or will feel disturbed. :P

This is where you have to consider past court rulings, the mood of the judge, the phase of the moon, etc. But in principle walking or being naked is not illegal. If you do it in a church or a school it is probably different.

• Like 2

I remember watching Egoraptor a few years ago and it was the 'Metal gear awesome' video.

snake was talking to some stranger on the phone and the convo went like this.

snake: god why does everyone know my phone number?!

dude on phone: just call me 'deep throat'.

snake: Gross.

and here I was, a small child not knowing what deep threat was nor did I ever ask about it. When I realized what that word meant years later, I just now remembered that video and am snickering.

dunno if that's an ace moment or not, but it was funny.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Sylvastor said:

Braggadochio:P

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Sylvastor said:

I find the best way of getting out of those types of conversation (when it is about someone nearby) is to point out I have really poor vision, and if it is something more than 5 feet away, it is just a blob of color to me, so, I can't really tell.  

• Like 6

5 feet! Without my glasses I can't see more than 10cm with any clarity 

13 hours ago, Bloc said:

There are now to possibilities: I am wrong or the guide is wrong ;) You can decide which is the case.

According to your profile, you are still questioning, whereas the guide is certain. That settles it. ;-)

Just happened to accidentally see part of a scene of "Snakes On A Plane" (no, I would never watch it on purpose, I have a mortal fear of snakes already), and there was a young couple having sex in the plane toilet... Plane toilet?! Could you possibly find a more unromantic, claustrophobic, horrible place anywhere for that purpose on this planet (or any other)?!  Jesus... And there were some flight personnel watching outside (as the toilet cubicle was banging & the girl was screaming a lot, but they didn't know it was because of a snake) and going "Oh, I remember the times when I was young like that"... Uhh...?? But a plane toilet??! I mean, I'm grey-Ace, but no matter where else I could ever consider having sex, that most certainly isn't one of them... (Not to mention it's meant for other things entirely...) But I guess (and hope!) they only do it in movies (yes, unfortunately this wasn't the first movie I've seen that they've had people doing it), not in reality, so maybe not such a huge Ace moment after all... ;)

• Like 4

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but just know this thought popped into my brain: Moon and Sun are non-binary beings as they are masculine or feminine depending on the language/country, e.g. die Sonne, der Mond (German) and el sol, la luna (Spanish).

• Like 6
19 hours ago, YamiCake said:

Ugh. Same. Sometimes one of my friends will point out that a random guy has a nice butt (or something) and then for the next half hour I'll be internally screaming because I never think about that until someone brings it up.:mellow:

• Like 5

That moment when I realized that people around me want sex and I've never felt like that.

friends: he's so hot.

me: Attractive, yes.

friends: I wanna fuck him.

me: wait what!? :blink:

• Like 7

when your in a play and someone says all 15 year old boys think about is sex and your like that's not true Then you remember your the anomaly whoops

• Like 6
11 hours ago, _mattfm said:

when your in a play and someone says all 15 year old boys think about is sex and your like that's not true Then you remember your the anomaly whoops

We're doing Anne Frank at my school, and the director was talking about the part where Anne describes.. exploring her pubescent feelings. She (the director) said "Which is normal, I mean, you guys know, everything was sexual to us at that age." Everyone laughed and was commenting on how true it was, meanwhile I was sitting in the corner like "wait what? Ohh..."

• Like 8

Today my friend posted an article entitled "Students get first hand job experience" with no explanation whatsoever in my friends' group chat. So I proceed to read the entire article, which has nothing to do do with any of us, and seeing nothing that stands out I ask him why he posted it. A few people are just like "Seriously??", and then I finally saw the sex reference (i.e. "hand job") and just thought to myself "Ugh, I'm too ace for this" and laughed a little.

• Like 3

I was telling my friend that I liked the idea of being a little spoon. She looked at me like I said something naughty. And I was like what???? Is it wrong to like being cuddled? And then she was like ohhh you meant that. I was very confused what the heck she meant, she had to explain it to me. Apparently there's some sex move or something??? Either way I was like ew no. Cuddles girl. Cuddles. 

• Like 4
On 10/29/2017 at 11:04 AM, dragon_nerd said:

5 feet! Without my glasses I can't see more than 10cm with any clarity 

No, it is 5 feet WITH my glasses.  Without my glasses I am at about 5 inches before I can focus on it.

• Like 3
Forest Spirit
14 hours ago, Ulty said:

I was telling my friend that I liked the idea of being a little spoon. She looked at me like I said something naughty. And I was like what???? Is it wrong to like being cuddled? And then she was like ohhh you meant that. I was very confused what the heck she meant, she had to explain it to me. Apparently there's some sex move or something??? Either way I was like ew no. Cuddles girl. Cuddles. 

Nooooo... I always enjoyed the idea of spooning but now I have pictures in my head that don't belong there :blink:

And I think my friends are making one big sex joke thing about me being in the home town of a close friend (flatmate soon) "together with him", which I wasn't so it doesn't even make sense!? Idk why they still think we're in some way dating or whatever... I've told 2 of them explicitely that we're not! People are confusing

• Like 1
nerdperson777
3 hours ago, Quasar.w said:

Idk why they still think we're in some way dating or whatever...

People hinted at it with the (ace) friend I lived with.  We hung out together a lot, we live together, sometimes we eat together.  This one guy (I'm treated as cis female) asked where my other half was, which I denied.  Then in a chat my friend and I joked about being each other's sidekicks from some link I posted.

So today in psychology class today, we were discussing the topic of 'dreams' and one guy asked why we get wet dreams. I gave him a look and then the teacher explained clinically what that dream was, what's the stimulation, and how the male body reacts. 

Never have ever heard the words 'sexual arousal' boner, and 'ejaculation' in a classroom before.

high schools weird. XD

• Like 3