Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

On Sun Sep 17 2017 at 3:16 PM, Lanti SF said:

Well my roommate's aro and has no intent on getting a partner, and I don't know who to give them to.

Maybe I'll just hold on to them until I can go back downtown and return them to the pride center.

Yeah I did that today.Rode downtown and put them back in the free condoms box, where other people in the pride center need them more than I will.

• Like 1

This isn't really an ace moment, but sex came up something I was reading about the best way to cook tofu...I don't understand how sex can be so pervasive that it comes up in a cooking article, do people really think about it that often?!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Debaser said:

I almost put a disclaimer saying it didn't apply to you. :P but I didn't and within 2 minutes there you are :D 

haha you know me too well!! I'll refrain from asking you to make me anything out of that book as I know you like to taste the food as you're cooking it.. You might get traumatized by an experience like that :P

1 minute ago, FictoVore. said:

haha you know me too well!! I'll refrain from asking you to make me anything out of that book as I know you like to taste the food as you're cooking it.. You might get traumatized by an experience like that :P

I know you too well? 

tenor.gif

...I sure do. 

I'll make you crudely shaped sex food but that's as far as I'll go, and you know that. :P 

2 minutes ago, Debaser said:

I know you too well? 

tenor.gif

...I sure do. 

I'll make you crudely shaped sex food but that's as far as I'll go, and you know that. :P 

We all know what she's getting her lips warmed up for :P

ahaha okay, I must sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Have fun cooking, Debaser ;) 

Just now, FictoVore. said:

We all know what she's getting her lips warmed up for :P

ahaha okay, I must sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Have fun cooking, Debaser ;) 

...Um. More acting? 

Sweet dreams! Urgh, the wink face has ruined any enthusiasm I had for cooking today. :P 

4 hours ago, Debaser said:

Cooking with sex hardly seems sanitary either...

And that's without mentioning the effect on taste. :mellow:

They weren't really suggesting having sex while cooking, more like they were saying that tofu is something you want dry. It came up as something like this: There are a lot of things that aren't good dry such as cake, (can't remember the rest), sex. It's something that clearly doesn't belong, even in context (because maybe dry sex sucks, but it has nothing to do with food and therefore doesn't belong on a comparative list with tofu)

Me finally realizing: "What, sex only lasts for around 7 minutes?!! How can people want something so much that is so short-lived?" I really don't feel like I'm missing out. Cuddling can last for hours on end.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, StormySky said:

I didn't know anyone would actually fall for icky pick up lines. Surprised to learn otherwise :blink:

Really? I've only heard people complaining about pickup lines others have tried on them

• Like 1
On 12/5/2008 at 2:16 PM, you*hear*but*do*you*listen said:

HAHAHA asexuality for the win. Yes, being ace can help with games; since so many of my friends had dirty minds, I wouldn't be that great at the "dirty minds" game, but I always kick a lot of ass at Never Have I Ever.

I would be legitimately pretty bad on both. Between having spent seven years with someone who was very sexual before I figured out what was up with me and a general willingness to try things I haven't done before just because I've never done them, I have done A Lot of Things in some capacity or another. Though there's plenty that haven't been repeated.

That said, the story I was going to share for this forum topic in general is that when I was a kid my friend and I recorded our voices and made "radio shows" which had absolutely nothing to do with actual radio and were usually really stupid and pointless but it was fun. When I was 12 or 13 maybe we recorded some story that involved someone going on a date and I made some comment about a dress or something being "Sexxxyyyyyyyy~" probably imitating some show, idk. I had no idea what it meant. Then sometime not too long later, a school sex ed class actually told me what sex was (in a weirdly roundabout way but that's a different story) and then it dawned on me what I'd said in that voice play thing and I was like "what no why what" and spent like a month straight being secretly embarrassed and never listened to that recording ever again.

• Like 1

Overheard some kid in my study group talking to a friend about this:

"Well I don't know if it's a minor or major crush"

"What's the difference?"

"Minor I want to date them, major I want to... do things"

I heard the words "minor and major" And started thinking about scales and triads.

But not sure if that's an ace moment or music nerd moment...

• Like 5
59 minutes ago, StormySky said:

"What's the difference?"

I heard the words "minor and major" And started thinking about scales and triads.

I'm pretty sure that's a music nerd moment, and I'm going to admit my poly moment with how I just saw "triads" when you said it. :P 

That said, I'm now trying to figure out how to apply major and minor as music terms to crushes.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, CFilipek said:

They weren't really suggesting having sex while cooking, more like they were saying that tofu is something you want dry. It came up as something like this: There are a lot of things that aren't good dry such as cake, (can't remember the rest), sex. It's something that clearly doesn't belong, even in context (because maybe dry sex sucks, but it has nothing to do with food and therefore doesn't belong on a comparative list with tofu)

That said, there is actually a cookbook that involves... bodily fluids. I think actually more than one cookbook. Don't ask me why, people are weird. I wish I could say I was actually surprised when I heard of that but I think I'm a little too jaded these days for serious ace moments.

15 hours ago, Beaver Boy said:

Me finally realizing: "What, sex only lasts for around 7 minutes?!! How can people want something so much that is so short-lived?" I really don't feel like I'm missing out. Cuddling can last for hours on end.

Yessssssss cuddling forever!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, StormySky said:

I started thinking of major and minor reactions :P 

definitely a nerd moment 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, StormySky said:

"What's the difference?"

YES! that's something I do. We were talking about thicknesses of ropes and strings for something, and I zoned out. I came back when I heard chord and asked what type of chord it is....  And then realized it was just a cord.

• Like 1

When you sit in a pub with 2 friends and then a song comes up literally saying "I want to screw you (and other stuff meaning that he wants to have sex with that person basically)" :blink: when I realized what he was singing I just looked at one of my friends and was like "(confused look) ..what!? Do you hear the lyrics??" and he's like "yep ^shrugs^", I was so confused why he didn't think that that's odd... then I remembered that I'm the only ace there ^hides^

But seriously that song was so weird :D

And for everyone who wants to bang their head on the table, here the link to the song because I just had to look it up...

Spoiler

• Like 2
8 hours ago, weijiangling said:

That said, there is actually a cookbook that involves... bodily fluids. I think actually more than one cookbook. Don't ask me why, people are weird. I wish I could say I was actually surprised when I heard of that but I think I'm a little too jaded these days for serious ace moments.

That's really gross...and seems kind of unsanitary...but to each his own I guess, so long as I never have to eat it

• Like 2

Another music ace moment:

"Okay I need to alter the mixers on this pad so the 16th notes have a thicker and wetter sound design..."

"You do realize how sexual that sounds..."

Why is mixing terminology so dirty D: 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Quasar.w said:

When you sit in a pub with 2 friends and then a song comes up literally saying "I want to screw you (and other stuff meaning that he wants to have sex with that person basically)" :blink: when I realized what he was singing I just looked at one of my friends and was like "(confused look) ..what!? Do you hear the lyrics??" and he's like "yep ^shrugs^", I was so confused why he didn't think that that's odd... then I remembered that I'm the only ace there ^hides^

But seriously that song was so weird :D

And for everyone who wants to bang their head on the table, here the link to the song because I just had to look it up...

I'm all for well-done innuendo in songs, but that was... not. That was indeed basically me banging my head on the table, especially getting to the end and thinking of course all that about backing off and trying to be considerate (tongue in cheek as it was) was just talk and still gonna "f* you hard" at the end there... /rolls eyes #greyaceperspectives

5 hours ago, CFilipek said:

That's really gross...and seems kind of unsanitary...but to each his own I guess, so long as I never have to eat it

Yep, that's my opinion exactly.

• Like 1

Okay so meeting a partner/date at the bar is cool, but have you ever had their poutine? 

I went to the local brewery last week after my last class got cancelled; a lot of people were on dates. I think I was the only person who went alone. The hard cider was good, and so was the poutine (I've only had it once in Montreal, so this was the first time I had it in the US)

Just looked at an article about asexuality in Cosmo, posted in World Watch, and got a pop-up saying "15 sex games to play with your man" and underneath, a choice between "show me" and "I don't need a better sex life". Guess which one I clicked...

I was looking through a pile of newspapers the other day, hunting for the babka recipe I'd seen, and my mother comes over and starts reading a magazine. She showed me an article and said " now if you want a gorgeous man..." I glanced briefly at it and resumed my search for the recipe.

If you don't know what babka is, Google it. I did find and make the recipe. Good but not as good as I'd hoped.

• Like 1

Maybe more of a nerd thing, but the best protection against STD is latex.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Quasar.w said:

LateX forever :D

LaTeX is 98% effective at making your math homework look neater.

• Like 3
Forest Spirit
1 hour ago, Beaver Boy said:

LaTeX is 98% effective at making your math homework look neater.

We actually have to use it, but yes it makes everything look more awesome and as if you would know what you're doing :D we have to use A&A style for protocols and "papers" with two columns and all fancy stuff