Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Th3Absurd1ST
On 30/03/2017 at 9:16 AM, SleepyFox said:

Casually mentioning that you're going to a concert next week and a nice guy you know will be there. Cue co-workers pressing you for details of your "relationship" with said guy, even though you don't see him as anything more than a friend.

That is SO true! I often go out with friends to hang outs, parties, shows and the like. Each time, if there is a new female friend coming, I get that stupid grin of "Sooooo, what's up with you two?"

• Like 5
Comrade F&F

Okay, you guys know the TV show, "Dancing With The Stars"? And how their dances always delve down...to...sexyville? I wandered into the room and two competitors were dancing in a very, very lusty dance. Fans were just shrieking in giddy as they moved about the stage. I stopped and stared.

"Oh my gosh! The light show for the stage back ground is...just...awesome!"

Totally ace moment. Get distracted by the light show visual effects in the background, not the lusty dancers.

(Seriously, why do people even watch that show? There's hardly any artistic value in there)

• Like 4
Forest Spirit
13 hours ago, Mr E said:

Two ace moments over the weekend:

1. I was in a store looking at pillows. Some of the pillows had phrases written on them. On one pillow was written, "This is where the fun stuff happens!". My first thought was, "Sleeping is fun???" and I was confused. A few minutes later I thought, "Wait. I wonder if that was a reference to sex?" I must be ace if I think a bed is only for sleeping and nothing else happens there.

Well my bed is also partially my couch so... a lot of fun stuff happens there :D

• Like 1
dragon_nerd
3 hours ago, Quasar.w said:

Well my bed is also partially my couch so... a lot of fun stuff happens there :D

Ohh, like watching TV!

• Like 8
18 hours ago, Mr E said:

Two ace moments over the weekend:

1. I was in a store looking at pillows. Some of the pillows had phrases written on them. On one pillow was written, "This is where the fun stuff happens!". My first thought was, "Sleeping is fun???" and I was confused. A few minutes later I thought, "Wait. I wonder if that was a reference to sex?" I must be ace if I think a bed is only for sleeping and nothing else happens there.

2. Someone was trying to explain something to me. He decided to use the analogy of dating. I've never dated so I didn't really understand the analogy. I got so focused on trying to figure out the analogy and what it meant that I stopped paying attention to what he was saying. In the end I didn't understand what the person was trying to tell me and I was confused.

5 hours ago, Quasar.w said:

My first association was dreams, because the pillow is where my head is when I sleep.

• Like 2

Told someone that I was going to visit a female friend.

They: "And what are you up to?"

Homer: :huh:

• Like 4
Sea Lemon
2 hours ago, dragon_nerd said:

Ohh, like watching TV!

Or eating a multipack of Kinder Buenos in one go, which is what usually happens on my couch :P

• Like 5
Skycaptain

or reading a novel non-stop as I did yesterday

• Like 7
Mychemicalqpr
13 hours ago, Feys&Florets said:

Okay, you guys know the TV show, "Dancing With The Stars"? And how their dances always delve down...to...sexyville? I wandered into the room and two competitors were dancing in a very, very lusty dance. Fans were just shrieking in giddy as they moved about the stage. I stopped and stared.

I used to watch this with my mom back when I was clueless, and I totally missed that anything sexy was happening. I was just watching the dancing and fancy costumes. Now it would probably make me uncomfortable, not just in a sexual way but in a heteronormative way. 

• Like 1
MakeupJunkie4
14 hours ago, Feys&Florets said:

"Oh my gosh! The light show for the stage back ground is...just...awesome!"

Totally ace moment. Get distracted by the light show visual effects in the background, not the lusty dancers.

(Seriously, why do people even watch that show? There's hardly any artistic value in there)

Thank you! So glad that other people also think that shaking your booty and grinding against your partner doesn't qualify as artistic dance. True dance requires talent. Not moves that you can see at the local club. *facepalm*

chair jockey

My ace moment was earlier today seeing what are, aesthetically speaking, the best buttcheeks in the city and thinking, 'Oh, well, that phenomenon happens to be over there, ho hum."

(No, I didn't ask to take a photo. What's wrong with you?)

Not really an ace moment, more of a general observation... there is so much flirting going on around me at the moment, and all I want to do is pull a pillow over my head and hide. ... and deliver us/me from evil flirtatious people who confuse and annoy...., I guess. :)

• Like 11
JayDee1212

Seeing my boyfriend naked for the first time....

Me: "Ah...so that's what he looks like with his clothes off."

Also Me: "He's kind of attractive, nice abs and penis...but I'd rather just look at them."

• Like 2

Philosophy class in college 3 years ago:

Teacher: Would you become a robot if you could?

Me (thinking): Yeah! I'd consider it for sure. That'd be so cool. I could transfer my consciousness, go to sleep whenever I wanted to, automate basic actions so I can execute them perfectly, enhance my vision, equip myself with crazy self-defense mechanisms, blah blah blah......

Student A: Nah, I couldn't have sex if I was a robot.

Student B: But then I wouldn't be able to have a child!

Student C: Robots don't have feelings and can't experience love or desire so I want to stay human.

Me: 😐

I understand wanting to remain flesh and blood, and there are problems with being a robot but I was a little disappointed that these were probably the main complaints people uttered. Not knocking their choices, but, heck, if you wanted sex, as an automaton you could potentially create a simulation that replicates any situation you can think of.

• Like 9
7 hours ago, Laplace said:

Philosophy class in college 3 years ago:

Teacher: Would you become a robot if you could?

Me (thinking): Yeah! I'd consider it for sure. That'd be so cool. I could transfer my consciousness, go to sleep whenever I wanted to, automate basic actions so I can execute them perfectly, enhance my vision, equip myself with crazy self-defense mechanisms, blah blah blah......

Student A: Nah, I couldn't have sex if I was a robot.

Student B: But then I wouldn't be able to have a child!

Student C: Robots don't have feelings and can't experience love or desire so I want to stay human.

Me: 😐

I understand wanting to remain flesh and blood, and there are problems with being a robot but I was a little disappointed that these were probably the main complaints people uttered. Not knocking their choices, but, heck, if you wanted sex, as an automaton you could potentially create a simulation that replicates any situation you can think of.

I still don't understand why some people would not want to go Ghost in the Shell.

• Like 3
Hermit Advocate

My only concern would be someone hacking my brain. I like who I am and for that reason I'd be a bit hesitant to jump on the robot train. I like it in theory though, especially the sleeping part. 

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, Hey you in the corner said:

My only concern would be someone hacking my brain. I like who I am and for that reason I'd be a bit hesitant to jump on the robot train. I like it in theory though, especially the sleeping part. 

Yeah getting brain-jacked would be a problem 😐. I'd be paranoid about that stuff - I'd probably like make a bunch of backups and like aggressive defense personalities that could be switched on and off to make sure I'd either fend off some invasive presence or ensure that I can avenge myself with myself 😄. That Ghost in the Shell cyberbrain shutdown stuff (like when they fried that dude who transferred his consciousness to a tank) would definitely be a problem with cybernetics. But I feel at the very least like that's a more pressing concern over potentially unable to have sex. Again, I'm not hating on sex, but, because I'm ace, I just don't understand why that's the first thing that people had concerns about 🤔.

Hermit Advocate

@LaplaceI'm not very technologically savvy so I'd be worried about not having good enough security. I still don't understand why people put so much emphasis on sex. I want to be an awesome robot with a built in missile launcher. :D

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Laplace said:

Yeah getting brain-jacked would be a problem 😐. I'd be paranoid about that stuff - I'd probably like make a bunch of backups and like aggressive defense personalities that could be switched on and off to make sure I'd either fend off some invasive presence or ensure that I can avenge myself with myself 😄. That Ghost in the Shell cyberbrain shutdown stuff (like when they fried that dude who transferred his consciousness to a tank) would definitely be a problem with cybernetics. But I feel at the very least like that's a more pressing concern over potentially unable to have sex. Again, I'm not hating on sex, but, because I'm ace, I just don't understand why that's the first thing that people had concerns about 🤔.

When I was being taught how to hack computers in university, the first thing I was taught is it is easier to use these techniques to target people rather than machines. It is far easier to trick a person into letting an unauthorized person into a locked room than it is to trick the computer. Even with the risk of brain-jacking, professional hackers will likely still target what works on people at the moment.

If you are still worried about being brain-jacked, disable any form of networking to remove a massive entry point and disable any applications that you don't need that have any way to have input from a source that is not you. If this is done, your greatest threat would be a virus that attacks in the same way as stuxnet. To prevent this from being a threat, any update to your tech should be checked by at least a SHA-256 hash on the entire device doing the update (USB Stick). With this said, Social Engineering will still be the most effective attack regardless.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Rwkropf said:

When I was being taught how to hack computers in university, the first thing I was taught is it is easier to use these techniques to target people rather than machines. It is far easier to trick a person into letting an unauthorized person into a locked room than it is to trick the computer. Even with the risk of brain-jacking, professional hackers will likely still target what works on people at the moment.

If you are still worried about being brain-jacked, disable any form of networking to remove a massive entry point and disable any applications that you don't need that have any way to have input from a source that is not you. If this is done, your greatest threat would be a virus that attacks in the same way as stuxnet. To prevent this from being a threat, any update to your tech should be checked by at least a SHA-256 hash on the entire device doing the update (USB Stick). With this said, Social Engineering will still be the most effective attack regardless.

Yeah I remember hearing or reading about this concept; it's the same sort of idea that scammers use to con people. I remember a news blurb about scammers tricking people into saying "Yes" over the phone and then falsifying a verbal contract. Or, just tricking people into giving info with leading questions. It's less about brute force and more about manipulation. It's definitely something to look out for 😠.

Just now, Laplace said:

Yeah I remember about this concept; it's the same sort of idea that scammers use to con people. It's less about brute force and more about manipulation. It's definitely something to look out for 😠.

The best way to be effective with social engineering is to not let the target spend time thinking before acting. This is why some scammers will try to act fast and push for a decision on the spot. Also, as you might have noticed from my previous post, I have a lot of fun with the scammers pretending to be from Microsoft and claim that my computer has a security breach.

Skycaptain
1 hour ago, Hey you in the corner said:

@LaplaceI'm not very technologically savvy so I'd be worried about not having good enough security. I still don't understand why people put so much emphasis on sex. I want to be an awesome robot with a built in missile launcher. :D

Unace thought here 

Love Missile F111:P

(Sigue Sigue Sputnik) 

Seriquella
On 5/1/2017 at 9:26 AM, twilightstarr said:

One time a boy asked me via text if I had a "BF", and I thought that meant best friend, so I said yes. Then he asked how long we'd been together, and I realized what he meant and had a mini freak out. 

Haha! This is SO me I always have a mini freak out when I realize so one might have been flirting with me or talking about something romantic/sexual.

When I go out I get hit on oftens and always my response is to act horrified and stammer out "no thank you" incoherently and back away. It's not that I'm technically afraid of these people. I'm just THAT awkward.

My mom and sisters find me so embarrassing. I think "Oh well! I'm embarrassed by me too!" 😅

• Like 3
Cognition!

My friends and I got into a dispute about how people tie laces- with the one-loop or two-loop method, which cumulated in them trying to teach me the one-loop method- unsuccessfully. I could only get as far as the stage where you put one lace around the loop you've made with the other, and couldn't figure out how to get the lace through the hole to make a second loop for the life of me. Then one of my friends starts laughing. "I know why you're asexual now- you can't put things through holes!" :lol:

• Like 8
On 3/16/2017 at 0:55 AM, nerdperson777 said:

That's called friends with tax benefits.

Now that expression is just awesome! :D

• Like 1
nerdperson777
27 minutes ago, miau said:

Now that expression is just awesome! :D

I saw it on a Tumblr post.  It was a picture of a (straight) couple on top of a cake and the person who created the pic asked if they got extra points for the cake.

• Like 2
Machine_Artificia

When you think Tinder is for finding friends.

• Like 5
Comrade F&F

Went to an arts and crafts booth.

"Loop the thread through the male buckle"

Male buckle? This piece? Why in the world is it called a male -

*snaps them together* "...Ooooooh....okay. That's just weird..."

hollis__2inchbuckle.jpg

I can never look at buckles the same way ever again.

• Like 7
TheLastStarCat

wait. that's why things that fit together like that are called male and female?!

• Like 6