Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

13 hours ago, trombonistnicole said:

Just say you like collarbones. 

That'll throw 'em for a loop.

I like collarbones! But yeah, I've gotten weird looks for saying that. 

Krakennicole
47 minutes ago, arizona said:

Oh, no, I love collarbones. I think they're beautiful. So delicate looking, but still strong. I also like shoulder blades. I think they're really pretty, too.

Can someone get 'hot' because of collarbones or shoulder blades, do you suppose?

• Like 1

I finally had a recognizable ace moment! I was scrolling through some pictures online and one of them was captioned as an iphone that cracked to reveal two male genitalia touching, I involuntarily glanced at the picture and thought they were fingers. It looked more like a zoomed in close up of moments after the "Creation of Man" (that one really famous pic or Adam and God almost touching fingers) when their fingers finally touch. even now it still looks like an ET phone home moment.

• Like 1
Dodecahedron314

I was really confused when I went to my dorm's weekly administrative meeting on Mardi Gras and everyone started making suggestive jokes when my RH walked in wearing all the Mardi Gras beads she was going to hand out to everyone at the meeting. Apparently I was the only one present who didn't know that apparently they're commonly given out in return for things like women flashing the Mardi Gras parade floats? :huh:

On 2/27/2017 at 1:15 AM, nerdperson777 said:

I also want to do Nagisa Shiota from the anime Assassination Classroom but I'm afraid of being called a girl just like the character since the whole series made a running joke out of his androgynous look.  I mean, the way he was drawn basically gave him hips, a butt, and scrawny limbs was begging to mistaken him a girl.  Also when I look up cosplays for buying, his "girl look" was an official costume and I facepalmed.

This is one of the reasons I really loved Nagisa, to be perfectly honest. I'll take my androgynous-looking characters whose androgynous appearance is actually acknowledged wherever I can get them, even if it's not always acknowledged in a positive manner. (I also started watching Assassination Classroom last year when I was going through a lot of dysphoria a lot more frequently than I have this year, and strongly headcanoned Nagisa as agender, so there is that.)

• Like 1
nerdperson777
1 hour ago, Dodecahedron314 said:

This is one of the reasons I really loved Nagisa, to be perfectly honest. I'll take my androgynous-looking characters whose androgynous appearance is actually acknowledged wherever I can get them, even if it's not always acknowledged in a positive manner. (I also started watching Assassination Classroom last year when I was going through a lot of dysphoria a lot more frequently than I have this year, and strongly headcanoned Nagisa as agender, so there is that.)

Yeah, there's so many jokes in there on how he should just transition to a girl.  Of all the people who watched the anime, I'm probably one of the few people who got the joke when Karma suggested Morocco and Thailand for vacation.  From what I've heard Thailand has the best AMAB bottom surgery out there, don't know about Morocco.  I feel that many AMAB trans people would be offended by it.  But usually all the characters I choose to cosplay, I am them in many ways.  Like Nagisa, I got the hot-headed mother.  Her screams still echo in my head a lot, even though my mom would never do any of it in public.  My dad emotionally left even if he's still physically living with us.  People don't tend to notice me so I would blend in well.  I have contemplated before if I would be a good fighter based on my past with my mom.  I do have my own Koro-Sensei.  She is my teacher who really looked after me but needs some space from me now so technically the ending happened for me.  Then the episode about deciding a career, that's totally me.  It's not that I really wanted to fight, but I want to protect those I care about (which at this point, is really only my Koro-Sensei).  I may just also become a teacher.  I haven't decided yet.  The only big differences that I've found between him and me is that I'm a math buff while he's an English buff and that I don't have his ability to find people's weak points, like that wave thing that shows up on the screen.  I think I have the least ability to understand humans actually, based a bit off autism spectrum stuff and my inability to relate to human life.  Yeah, he was my character for a bit.  It's just that if I do cosplay him, how do I want to do it?  I think giving myself a waistcoat with a curvy waist could give me dysphoria or get me mistaken for a girl.  If I do his hair, I would either want to do long ponytail version or just color my current hair, which looks like his 19 year old version.  I don't think I'd do the pigtails.  The thing though, is that if I get a ponytail wig, I'll need someone to help me cut and style it.  The other thing is that if I wear a wig, I'm going to be clocked as a girl because my face is too round.  The only thing keeping me from being seen as a girl is my masculine hairstyle.  Don't know how I would get the weapons either.

Welp, all this probably goes in a gender thread but it happened here.

Krakennicole

I was watching Thor: the Dark World with my family. There's a scene in which Thor is shirtless, toweling himself off from a bath on a balcony. I commented that the view was nice, and my family agreed.

Apparently, they were talking about Thor. I was talking about the view from the balcony.

• Like 11
Forest Spirit
5 hours ago, Ace_Machina said:

When you're reading an article of ways to calm anxiety and you do a double take at the last one "have an orgasm"  gross. Plus I'm in a public place looking for ways to calm myself lol. 

:D How is an orgasm supposed to calm anxiety!? I don't even want to think about it...

When guys from Apocalyptica play without shirts on and I'm annoyed by it. Want to listen to the music, not stare at their strip-tease, lol.

• Like 1

We were talking about movies at work and chick flicks came up.  I expressed my distaste with "I hate chick flicks," and I guess I said it more vehemently than I had intended, to the point that everyone stopped working and turned to look at me.  Then everyone laughed ( in a friendly way) and now it's a bit of a running joke between myself and Tim, who loves them.

• Like 4

I just remembered something that happened when I was like 12. I went to type in ''hotmail'' to bring up my email. For some reason, I figured it would be funny to type in ''hot male''. Another 12 year old would probably realize what was wrong with that.

I did not.

Until the page came up. That was probably the fastest I've ever clicked away from something. 

• Like 7
nerdperson777

I have a friend who graduated the same time I did and lives near my hometown.  Once when we were hanging out, she got a text containing a not-so-tame link.  The term she used was not safe for work.  Being me, I took it literally.  We were both job searching, as college grads, so we didn't have work.  So it's safe all the time right now, as long as we're not working, right?

• Like 2
SylviaDragon
On 3/2/2017 at 10:02 AM, trombonistnicole said:
On 3/2/2017 at 10:02 AM, trombonistnicole said:

Oh, no, I love collarbones. I think they're beautiful. So delicate looking, but still strong. I also like shoulder blades. I think they're really pretty, too.

Can someone get 'hot' because of collarbones or shoulder blades, do you suppose?

100% agree! I like them for those reasons too! I never would have thought it would be something you'd get weird looks about. o.O

My friend kept urging me to watch Magic Mike. After about the fifth time I finally told her I have no desire to watch a bunch of guys thrusting their junk in women's faces for an hour and a half. 

• Like 8
nerdperson777

I went with a friend to the mall sometime ago.  I just walked around holding her stuff most of the time.  We passed by women's dress shirts.  I was talking about how I don't understand women's clothing.  "Why are they so see-through?  You can see the whole bra.....oh right, that's the point."

• Like 3

I was part of a variety show fundraiser this evening, and after the show there was a dance party. Was dancing with some friends in a group and the Will Smith song "Getting' Jiggy Wit It" comes on. We're dancing, and I comment to a friend that I was never sure what "jiggy wit it" actually -- sex, drugs, money, something else entirely? She laughed SO hard and confirmed that yes, it's about sex. Maybe it's obvious in the rest of the lyrics, but hey, I only ever recognized the chorus, and obviously my mind doesn't go straight to sex!

Visit from a Deputy Minister, and my colleague comes to my office to tell me how dreamy the Minister's PA is. My first thought was 'okay, wait, which one of the three accompanying lapdogs is the PA again? Oh, right, the blond one. Got it.'

"I know you probably don't notice that sort of thing," my colleague said, "but he's really, like, wow."

I think she was a bit disappointed when I told her "yes, he's pretty friendly" and that he had asked some halfway intelligent questions, which was nice for a change...

• Like 4
Krakennicole
8 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

I went with a friend to the mall sometime ago.  I just walked around holding her stuff most of the time.  We passed by women's dress shirts.  I was talking about how I don't understand women's clothing.  "Why are they so see-through?  You can see the whole bra.....oh right, that's the point."

When I dress nice, I dress nice for myself and no one else. I dress nice because it makes me feel good, not because it impresses other people. It was really freeing when I realized this.

In my Zumba class the instructor put on the song from 50 shades of Grey and was like "OK ladies, now we stretch and dream about the movie". I thought she was joking, but looking around I realised I was the only one in the group who has not seen, and has no desire to see it.

• Like 2
nerdperson777
6 hours ago, trombonistnicole said:

When I dress nice, I dress nice for myself and no one else. I dress nice because it makes me feel good, not because it impresses other people. It was really freeing when I realized this.

Well, my thinking, when I was cis, was that they could at least make them thicker or something so we don't see what's underneath.

On 3/4/2017 at 10:13 PM, nataliemae said:

When Twilight was at the height of its popularity, I didn't understand why women were sexually harassing Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner like they were. I still don't, actually. Even if I were a sexual person, I could still manage to treat others like human beings.

I went to a couple midnight premiers for the series. You reminded me of the second movie, I think, where Taylor/Jacob is all huffy puffy mad and takes off his shirt so he can shift. Everyone in the theatre hollered and I was just like, "did I miss something?"

• Like 2
nerdperson777

Remembered one.  Some guy on my social media friends list was involved in some post where those random quiz sites analyze your profile and give you an answer.  So the question was "how big is your banana?"  So suggestive.  Another guy got a tiny one.  I decided to take the quiz for fun.  So apparently I had a very large, exotic banana.  I posted mine with the comment "I win".  Since I was never out, they probably found it ironic that someone who "doesn't have a banana" could have one bigger than theirs.

• Like 2
Adam_Jensen

So I was watching some Dirty Harry clips on youtube and in one them he gets asked by a woman "What's a girl has to do to get into your bed?" and I said "how about you hold off the alcohol before you start questioning random strangers?".Man I got uncomfortable just by watching this,thank God things like that happen only in movies.

• Like 2
Member106624
On 3/3/2017 at 12:35 PM, Quasar.w said:

:D How is an orgasm supposed to calm anxiety!? I don't even want to think about it...

Krakennicole

I was eating clam chowder today, and I commented that I hated clam (I love everything about clam chowder except the clam) and somebody said that they wouldn't expect me to. And they were, like, waggling their eyebrows weird and a bunch of people started laughing. Did I miss something? Is clam, like, secretly an innuendo?

• Like 1
dragon_nerd

clam is an aphrodisiac 

There is a term hidden in case of delicate sensibilities

bearded clam which refers to female genitalia

Krakennicole
8 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

There is a term hidden in case of delicate sensibilities

Reveal hidden contents

bearded clam which refers to female genitalia

Reveal hidden contents

Yuck