Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

10 hours ago, Florenna said:

Uhh, and that's actually another sexual thing I've never got, the bondage and S/M!! Why would anyone in their right mind ever, ever want to do that kind of things?! :o  Who can actually "enjoy" pain?!

There's a surprising number of aces in the kink community because many activities can be non-sexual. Not everyone is into pain, but to answer your question, if done right it eventually alters perceptions and releases endorphins in the brain creating a "high." Being able to do this to someone is a learned skill. What a lot of sexual people do, a few spanks and a blindfold before sex, is called "vanilla kink." 

• Like 3

Speaking of bras, I had someone tell me that they only wear bras of a specific color. I knew they were both single and a virgin at this time and since I don't get the concept of colors and "messages" attached to them, I said something like "But why, nobody's going to see it anyways..."

Wrong question :D 

• Like 9
11 minutes ago, Homer S. said:

Speaking of bras, I had someone tell me that they only wear bras of a specific color. I knew they were both single and a virgin at this time and since I don't get the concept of colors and "messages" attached to them, I said something like "But why, nobody's going to see it anyways..."

Wrong question :D 

Is there some secret code language to bra colors? :wacko: I personally like colorful bras just because colors in general please my eye D:

6 hours ago, nought said:

In the elevator I overheard someone say "booty" and my first thought was shoes.

Whenever I hear "booty," I think of pirates and treasure :lol:. Or that one puffed snack from Trader Joe's (which is still named after pirate's treasure). "Booty" feels like too childish a word to be sexual to me 😇.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Laplace said:

Whenever I hear "booty," I think of pirates and treasure :lol:. Or that one puffed snack from Trader Joe's. "Booty" feels like too childish a word to be sexual to me 😇.

2 minutes ago, nought said:

So-called adults are increasingly childish because the social engineers who designed them suffer from an extreme cancer of the soul: the need to mother everything in existence, including God.

:huh: 

• Like 1
On 07/12/2016 at 1:23 AM, SpaceShark said:

I love playing Mass Effect (all 3 and hopefully Andromeda).  I differ slightly.  I love the relationships both friendship and romance (especially Kaidan and Garrus) in Mass Effect.  I never propositioned Shiera, I try to be too paragon for that.  My ex-boyfriend did when he played. I love pursuing romantic relationships in various video games: Mass Effect, Fallout, Saints Row, Dragon Age.  I don't know why, sometimes it feels like it is the closest I will ever be to desiring a sexual relationship.  My characters are rarely 100% me, more like 30%/70% (with the 30% being me) or 50%/50%,

I love the Mass Effect games as well! I never really played Dragon Age, but i guess i would like it too. I don't really have a problem with the romances in these games, as they are always a part of the envolved characters' development, and i'm all out for character development. And also because i'm gray-ace so, hey. But the character i choose to romance in ME was Tali'zora, and i don't think you can go mutch acer than someone who literally can't take her clothes off or else she dies. Also she's really cute, lovely and asexy and i want to cuddle her.

Anyway, i've found this 2014 panel from BioWare's dev team when they talk about how to improve the romances on their games, and one of the things they talk about is the possibility of future asexual romance options, so maybe we'll see a proper ace romance in Andromeda? One can hope. One of the things the lead designer says is that he wantes to find a dev who actually is intrested in studying the subject to make sure they don't screw up with this.

Link to the panel:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/18/5915675/bioware-games-future-relationships

• Like 1
nerdperson777

On the topic of Dragon Age, I remember trying to logically find out what character needs to be romanced with what while my bi, mostly gay trans girl friend has issues because she wants that one female NPC but she's straight. She said she was considering to make a male character just to romance her. Oh what struggle. But we could at least agree that Morrigan could use a better top. 

Sparrow of Spring
On January 23, 2017 at 4:46 PM, nerdperson777 said:

But we could at least agree that Morrigan could use a better top. 

This post has been deleted.

• Like 1
Forest Spirit
1 hour ago, Ace_Machina said:

People at my voluntary work talking about pollution and wearing gas masks outside. I announce I own one. Regular customer responds "You would, bet you have a rubber suit too". Lol no, it's for cosplay and eww haha. She was kidding, she has a smutty sense of humour and I play along. My humour can be too.

I don't get it XD

• Like 3
EmotionalAndroid

Speaking of romance in video games: I don't think I have ever romanced a character in a video game. Even though I never play games "as myself", I still can't stand to be even partially involved in a romantic relationship. My Fallout character is actually heavily based on one of my characters that I made up and he is an aro ace too, so I'm not romancing a soul with him.

• Like 5

I had some relationships in Mass Effect and Dragon Age just out of curiosity and I didn't really get all the hype about them.Sure I'm aromantic but still most of the romantic scenes were very awkward.The only romance I enjoyed was with Tali because I really like her as character and her interactions with Shepard were cute.Hopefully we'll get more of this with Andromeda.

13 hours ago, Ace_Machina said:

She is dirty minded and was suggesting the gas mask is part of a bondage suit. Eww lol.

Wtf that's a thing?!?!

• Like 2
11 hours ago, EmotionalAndroid said:

Speaking of romance in video games: I don't think I have ever romanced a character in a video game. Even though I never play games "as myself", I still can't stand to be even partially involved in a romantic relationship. My Fallout character is actually heavily based on one of my characters that I made up and he is an aro ace too, so I'm not romancing a soul with him.

There's romance in video games now?  What???  Shows how much I know about current video games.  It used to be just shootin' stuff, or driving games etc or something silly like Pac Man.  Geez, can't get away from it lol

• Like 1
EmotionalAndroid
45 minutes ago, 012 said:

There's romance in video games now?  What???  Shows how much I know about current video games.  It used to be just shootin' stuff, or driving games etc or something silly like Pac Man.  Geez, can't get away from it lol

Yeah, unfortunately. A lot of RPG-like games (Fallout, Mass Effect, Skyrim, etc) have the option to build relationships with other characters. I've never actually done it, but it is available.

nerdperson777

I guess the only actual game romance I ever had to do was in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.  At the beginning of the game, the main character escapes from the dangerous place he was in the previous game and takes a soak in his castle home thing.  A female ruler (purposely I think) walks in on him.  Then there's a cutscene where they make love to each other.  While they're in bed (he's naked but not the lady and idk why), the place gets attacked and he has to go dispatch the attackers without any armor, because the castle crumbled and took his armor, that was nearby with it.  I'm telling this part because I managed to fail the second mission of the game several times and I had to go back and watch their making love scene every time.  But one thing I was surprised though, was that the lady only did that to gain allies.  I think the protagonist actually liked her.

Mychemicalqpr
5 hours ago, EmotionalAndroid said:

Yeah, unfortunately. A lot of RPG-like games (Fallout, Mass Effect, Skyrim, etc) have the option to build relationships with other characters. I've never actually done it, but it is available.

But if video game romance is optional, and you can simply choose to not do it, I don't see why this is a problem? 

Maybe it would be annoying in Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates, since you have to go through romantic supports to get child characters, but in Mass Effect, maybe I missed something, but I didn't think it made much difference. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ace_Machina said:

Apparently. Rather not think about it lol. That woman is into 50 Shades so. Every time she talks about it, I'm tempted to point out how the actual BDSM community despise it. But I hold my tongue.

Well, yeah, I know that BDSM is a thing, but there are people that would involve gas masks?! I cannot think of a less attractive clothing item. God, what is up with people?

On 23/01/2017 at 8:07 PM, Laplace said:

Whenever I hear "booty," I think of pirates and treasure :lol:.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, trombonistnicole said:
4 hours ago, Ace_Machina said:

Apparently. Rather not think about it lol. That woman is into 50 Shades so. Every time she talks about it, I'm tempted to point out how the actual BDSM community despise it. But I hold my tongue.

Well, yeah, I know that BDSM is a thing, but there are people that would involve gas masks?! I cannot think of a less attractive clothing item. God, what is up with people?

People will try anything once and I have no doubt that someone, somewhere, has come up with a scenario in which gas masks play a part in the scene.

Spoiler

e.g. say the people involved want to role play a kidnapping that involves some type of smoke "bomb" - the kidnapped person being "caught" by a gas mask wearing kidnapper from their house (or club or where ever) .... I could see this happening. And yeah, I read too much ... LOL

3 minutes ago, fuzzipueo said:

People will try anything once and I have no doubt that someone, somewhere, has come up with a scenario in which gas masks play a part in the scene.

Reveal hidden contents

e.g. say the people involved want to role play a kidnapping that involves some type of smoke "bomb" - the kidnapped person being "caught" by a gas mask wearing kidnapper from their house (or club or where ever) .... I could see this happening. And yeah, I read too much ... LOL

Ew... That's so... creepy.

I believe that gasmasks are also used for breath play (i.e. preventing one to be able to breath during activities).

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, trombonistnicole said:

Ew... That's so... creepy.

Yeah, but there really are people who like to role play like that. The thing to keep in mind though, is that it is just role playing and everyone involved is on board with safety in mind (this is why 50 Shades is so controversial with the BDSM crowd - there's no real thought toward the safety of the participants in the books). It's entirely consensual from the get go or they would never go that direction. And some people just need to get it out of their systems. It's a very different thing from what might happen in a horror or thriller novel or in reality.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2017 at 8:56 AM, EmotionalAndroid said:

Marriage in Skyrim gives me the most asexual feels than other games that offer up marriage or relationship dialogues. There are no sex scenes, no sex, you can't hold hands, hug, or kiss your spouse. The only thing remotely romantic is when your spouse says "Hello, my love" or "Goodbye my love"...and that's about it. I suppose people that role play would just use their imagination. Honestly, I get bored of being married to my in-game spouse after about a week, and then I just never came home again.

I've yet to get very far in Fallout 4, so I don't know what marriage/relationships are like in that game, but Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas didn't have marriage or relationships, at least not any meaningful. xD And, I laugh, because if you've played Fallout New Vegas you might know what I'm talking about. I'll spoiler tag it. :P

Spoiler

You could only have sex if you paid a prostitute...or a robot, cleverly named "Fisto" xD

I know people will say, you don't have to get married or go through a relationship role in a game if you don't want to, but if you're a completionist you will do it, just for the achievement!

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Starscream said:

Marriage in Skyrim gives me the most asexual feels than other games that offer up marriage or relationship dialogues. There are no sex scenes, no sex, you can't hold hands, hug, or kiss your spouse. The only thing remotely romantic is when your spouse says "Hello, my love" or "Goodbye my love"...and that's about it. I suppose people that role play would just use their imagination. Honestly, I get bored of being married to my in-game spouse after about a week, and then I just never came home again.

My sister and niece play Skyrim all the time (it really is a cool looking game but I find video games confusing and rather read about those types of scenarios). Any road, on Sunday evening, when I took the kid home, my sister showed me the spell that can make people naked in the game at my niece's insistence. What I found amusing was my sister telling her daughter that "Lori probably wouldn't find it as interesting as you do". Boy did she get that right! LOL All I could think while watching my sister throw the spell was so this is another type of fanservice and asked if it could only be thrown at male characters. Turns out it can be thrown at adult men and women but not elders or children. Well, thank goodness for that! :P To be honest, I just didn't see the point of this spell other than giving the player a vicarious thrill of seeing fictional flesh ...

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, Starscream said:

I know people will say, you don't have to get married or go through a relationship role in a game if you don't want to, but if you're a completionist you will do it, just for the achievement!

The exact reason I get married/have a relationship in my games (other reasons being: 1. It potentially reveals cool story stuff; 2. It makes me more powerful :P).

"Marriage? Fah! An adventurer's life for me. An achievement you say? Free exp boosts and perks? Higher stats? A new character (recent Fire Emblem games :lol:)? Hand me the certificate and where do I sign?!"