Are Xena and Gabrielle asexuals?

lux

I don't Know if you had seen somatimes the tv series "Xena,Warrior Princess",well,I think that the two principals characters,Xena and Gabrielle, have a romantic asexual relation.Many people think that they are lesbians, another think that they are only friends, but I think that they have an asexual relationship between them,there isn't sex in their relationship,there are only 3 kisses very subtextual,and they love each to other very much but without passion,Xena had many lovers,Gabrielle was married once a time,so they have sexual behaviours with men,but not in the case of them,they are an asexual romantic couple,like a bostonian marriage.What do you think?.

It's a distinct possibility, though I'm not sure the show runners had that in mind when they were creating and writing the show

Could be possible.

^_^ I was a huge fan of that show, still am despite it having been off the airs for a long time now.

I plan on getting this sometime soon once I have enough money. It's the whole DVD collection of the show. :wub:

xena.jpg

Haha, they just made out for ratings!

I love Xena Warrior Princess, I used to watch it ALL THE TIME. Actually I watched an episode last week! SO CORNY I love it.

Anyway Xena and Gabrielle are just best friends, don't forget all the crazy trauma they went through and their MASSIVE fights and ... you know ... their kids killing eachother and what not (actually, did they end up killing eachother too?) Let me tell you, their relationship was no simple matter! They were comrades, much like "bosom buddies", except girls. I'm sure they mentioned being soul mates several times throughout the series too. But definitely not a sexual relationship. Both of them liked boys, except when they wanted better ratings. Actually, they liked doing good deeds more than sex. :)

They didn't seem indifferent to or avoidant of sexual relationships so I doubt they could be called asexuals, but perhaps they were biromantic heterosexuals. I actually wouldn't be surprised if that's how the writers saw them, despite probably not knowing that there are words for the concept.

The Honey Bear

I used to love Xena! ^^ However, it was a long time ago since it was aired, and I admit I can't remember Gabrielle. What did she look like?

I used to love Xena! ^^ However, it was a long time ago since it was aired, and I admit I can't remember Gabrielle. What did she look like?

This is a pic of Xena and Gabrielle together. ^_^

XenaGabrielle.png

haha wow I haven't seen Xena in forever!! I actually watched it and Hercules on a regular basis... I'm not sure whether or not I should be embarrassed... it was around the same time I watched American Gladiators as well hahaha

I honestly can't remember how close their relationship was and whether or not asexyness could have been part of the show though.

haha wow I haven't seen Xena in forever!! I actually watched it and Hercules on a regular basis... I'm not sure whether or not I should be embarrassed... it was around the same time I watched American Gladiators as well hahaha

Ah, yes. I remember Hercules! It was so corny! And I know I watched American Gladiators, but I hardly remember it now. Don't be ashamed I'm sure most people watched these shows at the time!

• 3 weeks later...

I heard that they were a couple and no they weren't asexual. Back in the day people were outraged if two women kissed or did something more on the T.V (pretty much the same now but it happens now).

Some people thought Xena and Gabby were a couple, some thought they were good friends, either way, I still, to do this day, believe it was an awesome show!!!! :wub:

• 1 month later...

I'm a really big Xena: Warrior Princess fan, like I've been to conventions and stuff. A lot of my reasons for liking the show are to do with the relationship that Xena and Gabrielle share. I think it can be interpretted in many different ways, but an asexual interpretation is certainly very possible and the way that I see their relationship.

LMFAO! Lucy Lawless FTW!

I think them kissing is just an indication of their friendship and how deep it is? Like, they are truly comfortable with each other and love each other. A kiss is probably the most significant indication of love... they are definitely just friends. I'd like to think they had a whole lot of kinky lesbian warrior sex though...

SlightlyMetaphysical
They were comrades, much like "bosom buddies", except girls.

Surely bosom buddies are generally girls anyway? Guys lack the anatomical equipment. :unsure:

Archived