Asexual Pride Group on DeviantArt.com

Live R Perfect

Live R Perfect

I stumbled across this small group of members on DeviantArt.com a while back and posted them a link to AVEN. They seem to be confusing asexual and antisexual somewhat, and they don't appear to be very active yet, but here's the link, if you want to take a look. :wink:

Cate Perfect
"asexual - anti-sexual; having no sexual or romantic interests whatsoever"

We are the ANTI-sexuals, also known as asexuals. And we now have a club to mingle with others of our same sexuality, or rather, lack thereof. YAY!

That's not right!

Good post, Liver!

Cate

But what about all of us who don't LIKE people, and have NO sexuality?

Ummmm. This would smack more of misanthropism than asexuality. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with being a misanthrope, but it isn't asexuality.

They're not mutually exclusive, though.

*points at self*

Well, yeah. I tend to fall into both camps, especially if I have not had my morning coffee. . . . But I don't use the terms interchangably. That's my point.

• 1 year later...
Skeleton key

Yes it is sad. Too bad Deviantart doesn't have a decent Asexuality club thing. I bet lots of people would join. Someone should make one. They have clubs for every other orientation....

Yes it is sad. Too bad Deviantart doesn't have a decent Asexuality club thing. I bet lots of people would join. Someone should make one. They have clubs for every other orientation....

We should make a better one. I'm sure there are plenty of asexuals in the DevArt community that would be happy to join, and wouldn't miseducate people.

I would LOVE to be a part of a club like that. I nearly live on DevArt (I'm up to about 6K pageviews and have nearly 200 watchers 8) )...unfortunately, a close friend of my brother who lives 2 blocks away is watching me there, and I'm not ready to come out like that... so I want to get involved but kind of can't :(

• 2 weeks later...

i've made plenty posts about asex on my journal at DA

at least..i think i have

I cant remember if i left out the word 'asex' or not. I have people read my journal i'd rather not gain that knowledge

i have, however, done a shitload of journal entries on how much of a massive prude i am, and of the fact that the only reason there is a gender divide is because people are dumb enough to keep it going. ( a mind is a mind, right?Your personality should never be defined by your gender x-x)

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/17552347/

A club i'd not join..DA clubs are pretty crap. I joined one and it never gets updated. AVEN is enough for me :D

Skeleton key
..... and of the fact that the only reason there is a gender divide is because people are dumb enough to keep it going. ( a mind is a mind, right?Your personality should never be defined by your gender x-x

I couldn't agree more with this! Gender-shmender, its just utter nonsense.

Archived