How did you self identify before self identifying as asexual

EGAD!

Self Identify Before Identifying as Asexual  

1. 1. How did you identify before self identifying as asexual?

• Heterosexual
    • Homosexual
    • Bisexual
    • Demisexual
    • Pansexual
    • I never identified strongly with any label
    • I never identified strongly with any label until identifying as asexual
    • Other, please explain

This poll is closed to new votes

as a hetrosexual..freak..

since i never actually felt like having sex with anyone,

but knew sex was whats supposed to be normal.....

i always had people going "you should get laid" etc...

so i thought it was my folks divorce etc had just screwed me up..

How did you self identify before self identifying as asexual

Odd

now I know I am Asexual and odd

• 2 weeks later...

As a child I only knew about heterosexual, so I figured I was that. Entering middle school I noticed all my friends were forming crushes on idols and other kids in our grade while I didn't... I figured I was a late bloomer. Later kids began saying I was gay. I wondered about that, since I really had no interest in the opposite sex. I studied up on homosexuality, but that was always uncertain for me. Entering high school a friend of mine said I might be asexual based on our previous talks. It made sense. I think I might be bi-emotional if not bi-romantic though...

I identified as heterosexual. Then for a few months before I discovered this wonderful place, I started describing myself as nonsexual to people.

• 7 months later...
Nameless123

I thought I was a lesbian because I had fallen in love with a woman and didn't want to have sex with a man. Unfortunately I had to realise that lesbians have sex, too... :D

asexual cake

I identified as heterosexual, because I considered myself to be a female person and developed what I thought was romantic attraction on male people (both of which, actually, turned out to be false - oh, self-realization). Now I consider myself an aromantic asexual.

Chrysopoeia

I self-identified as heterosexual, long before realizing that I was only 'attracted' to certain people in the sense that I wanted to be them, not be with them.

• 4 weeks later...
tintinnabula

At first, I assumed I was heterosexual because... well, almost everyone is. Somewhere along the line, I came to the conclusion that my attraction to both sexes was in fact equal, so I decided I might be bisexual instead.

Then it dawned on me that my "equal attraction to both sexes" was more of a matter of "equal lack of attraction," and I moved onto the asexuality label :P

Archived