Analloeroticly Asexy

AVENCakes

Geez, I hate to sound like I'm splitting hairs here but I'm not comfy using the term interchangeably or as a formal variation simply because every definition I could find for it was "no sexual attraction towards people but is not necessarily devoid of sexual drive" and cited examples of things like fetishism or autoeroticism.

Aren't those both asexuality? Are the definitions saying you have to have a fetish/be autosexual, or just say that some people have it when giving examples of how you can have a sex drive and not have sex? Because You can have asexuality and autoeroticism/fetishism

No the examples were given to illustrate how one can have a sex drive but not have sexual inclination towards other people specifically. The point was Taken in context the term "not necessarily" is meant to remove assumption or to introduce an informal irony, for example "Living in Japan does not necessarily make you Japanese". The statement "analloeroticism is someone who has no sexual inclination towards men or women but is not necessarily devoid of sexual drive" implies a sex drive exists; it could also be said as "While one would assume someone who has no sexual inclination towards men or women would not experience sexual arousal, analloeroticists do experience sexual arousal but it is not directed towards other people". While this is true for some aces and yes you can be asexual and have autoeroticism/fetishism, in fact it would seem that the definition I found would pretty much be that, it is not true for all aces thereby leading to exclusion because now not every ace meets the aforementioned criteria of undirected sexual drive. So no, I don't believe they are one in the same because regardless of who chooses to use these terms interchangeably

Asexual orientation implies that the person has no erotic interest at all.
I am this,
The analloerotic person simply has no interest in either men or women, but may still be interested in sexual activity such as fetishism or autoerotism.(Blanchard, 1990).
I am not this.

Why would I use a term that illustrates something I would have to continually clarify I do not experience, when I already have a term that describes me quite accurately? But that point aside, even this study you have quoted from does not use them interchangeably, "one has no erotic interest at all and one is still interested in sexual activity just not interested in men or women" that very quote I just referenced from your post explains the difference between the two, ergo if they are different... that would make them not the same. I don't mean to sound cheeky here, but it is a bold idea to assume because you may experience undirected sexual desire that all asexuals do and analloeroticism is really what we all meant.

From the AVEN wiki-

If you have a fetish that doesn't involve attraction to other people you may find it useful to identify as asexual. Note the part about 'other people' in the definition of asexuality.

Some asexuals may be considered autosexual, they have the drive to take pleasure from their own body

So it would appear that asexuality encompasses analloeroticism, the wiki encompasses any feasible aspect, this vagueness is in place for a reason, to not exclude. Analloeroticism on the other hand, does not appear to encompass all aspects of asexuality or all types of asexuals. So by this example it would be fair to say, one may identify as analloerotic as one would identify with being gray or demi; an aspect of asexuality, not asexuality itself.

Archived