If there was an 'asexual city', would you move there?

ily

Asexual City  

1. 1. Would you move to it?

• Yes, wherever it was
    • Yes, within my country
    • Yes, within my continent
    • Yes, hinging on another factor (please explain)
    • No
    • Other (please explain too!)

This poll is closed to new votes

I think it would actually be somewhat realistic to designate a city as being a place for asexuals to congregate, much like San Francisco is "the gay city". While people seem to be into this idea in theory, I'm wondering if people would actually move to such a place, since it seems like that would need to happen if we were ever going to achieve a critical mass anywhere. I have no idea how we'd choose the place-- right now I'm just wondering if people would actually be interested in going there, if it did exist...

Mimicking Sanity

I'm not certain.

Other people visiting from outside the city would likely annoy me, since I'd feel like the city had become a museum, and we would be the main attractions for the visitors.

However, it's an amusing idea. Heh, such a city might be quite fun.

Such a place would not last forever, surely. The introduction of children would begin to lessen the amount of people that were asexual and thus the area might become just as any other. But in concept; it sounds like a place I would move to.

I wouldn't, not at all. I'm perfectly happy with the sexual world and wouldn't leave that behind.

I think it's a sweet idea in concept though.

I honestly don't know. I would probably consider the idea. But I think, ultimately, there would have to be other factors to attract me.

Maybe... maybe not. I dunno...

... How good's the library? Is there a good sushi restaurant? Is there a place of employment for me? Too many complications!

Plus, I'd have to leave behind my lifemate... she'd wilt in an asexy city. :lol:

no I wouldn't move there

if anyone's seen the movie The Village that's what comes to mind..in regards to the isolation.

How about just an Asexy vacation spot? We could all chip in and buy an island! Then we could just go for a little vacation whenever we needed to get away from the rest of the world!! Who's game? I'm ready for a good getaway!! :lol:

How about just an Asexy vacation spot? We could all chip in and buy an island! Then we could just go for a little vacation whenever we needed to get away from the rest of the world!! Who's game? I'm ready for a good getaway!! :lol:

now that I would vote for ^_^ that way if you want to come back you can anytime :P

Hey! And if us aven-ites can't afford to buy an island, let's just all chip in some dirt and sand and such. Build our own, I say!!! (Didn't someone build some sort of floating/mobile island? That might be a fun idea!! :D )

Depends on if I could do what I want to do with my life there, mostly. How happy I would be in that geographic location etc, etc. Overall- not explicitly for the purpose of moving to an asexual city, but if the options are regular or ase, each with the same dis/advantages, I'd choose ase. Definitely agreeing with the vacation spot.

I voted no, because other factors are much more important to me, like the overall city culture, shopping hours, climate, quality of public transport and so on. Meeting other asexuals is not a high enough priority for me that I would organise my life around it.

I said 'no'. I like to associate with all types - it gives my life a bit more variety and makes everything more interesting. Sometimes that contrast is exactly what you need in life.

SlightlyMetaphysical

I'd visit. But, to be honest, it's questions like this that remind me how much I love this sexual world, even if I'm never fully a part of it.

We'll always have AVENopolis.

Hey, thanks for the replies. My implication wasn't to leave sexual people behind, just to have a city with a critical mass of asexuals, like San Francisco has with gay people. SF certainly has people of all sexualities, but the gay community is especially strong.

What city is isolated?

There are plenty of 'gay villages' throughout the country, and they are all basically districts of larger cities.

If there was an asexual city it would probably be the same thing, just an urbanized area with a higher asexual concentration than the national average.

If this is the case, I would move there. AVENites seem like pretty intelligent people, I am sure it would become a great place to live, work, and......play.

metalgirl2045

I voted yes but hinging on another factor. Where I want to live has far more to do with whether there's a job I want (i.e. a university with a decent physics department), how far it is from people I know, if the shops and facilities are any good, if there's nice countryside nearby, low crime rates and anything else I might like or dislike. If two cities were equally good in all respects except one was full of asexuals and one wasn't, I may be inclined towards the full of asexuals one. But I have other much higher priorities.

sakura_alice

In life I embrace diversity, so moving to a place where everyone's just like me (even if it's that one aspect) would feel wrong, lol

If there was an asexual city it would probably be the same thing, just an urbanized area with a higher asexual concentration than the national average.

Yep, that's what I was thinking. I would probably move there if I could find a job and people to live with-- the same problems I have here ;)

I think an asexual community would have a "different" job market, and possibly a more relevant one.

I think an asexual city would be more likely to have a good physics department than a Hooters, for example.

Asexuals do other things than sit around talking about not having sex (I hope).

Hey, thanks for the replies. My implication wasn't to leave sexual people behind, just to have a city with a critical mass of asexuals, like San Francisco has with gay people. SF certainly has people of all sexualities, but the gay community is especially strong.

That's what I thought you meant. I would move there dependind on several factors:

Climate, crime rate, shopping, culture, etc. etc. - what everybody else said.

I chose other because I already have a place set in mind to move to in a few years time. But if there was a place like this I'd probably visit it a few times throughout the year.

If I liked the place I would possibly move there. It really depends on other things but I would certainly think about it.

I'm slightly confused, would we be building this city? or invading a city that already exists?.........because i'm not much good at building, ^_^ invading on the otherhand.....

I'm slightly confused, would we be building this city? or invading a city that already exists?.........because i'm not much good at building, ^_^ invading on the otherhand.....

Invading. (But nicely.)

Archived