NEW Orientation Poll

Amcan

What is your romantic orientation?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is your romantic orientation?

• Hetero-romantic
    • Homo-romantic
    • Bi-Romantic
    • A-Romantic
    • Pan-Romantic
    • Other (please state in comments)
    • Changing (please state in comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

As the old orientation poll seemed a bit outdated weith current AVEN here's a new one.

Amcan.

I voted "Other," since I kinda fall somewhere between a-romantic and hetero-romantic, not really one or the other. Sometimes I might be a little more towards one or the other, but I'm usually about in the middle. I guess that makes me...gray-romantic? Someone with odd internal monologues, re: potential girlfriends/friends-who-are-girls? I dunno. Right now, the idea is that if a relationship comes along, great, but I won't really go out looking for it. I'll just keep on blundering through and hoping things turn out alright in the end, whatever that end might be.

potentialsurvivor

I'm not sure if pan-romanticism involves falling in love and cuddling with carrots and chickens and automobiles, so I'll go with bi-romantic.

I'm not sure if pan-romanticism involves falling in love and cuddling with carrots and chickens and automobiles, so I'll go with bi-romantic.
Not in my experience. :unsure:

I voted panromantic, for the record.

Pan-romantic bascially means gender doesn't matter. I think. feel free ot correct me pansexuals.

potentialsurvivor

Well now I'm just lost *tosses the apricot out the door saying "It's not you, it's me"* What does bi-romantic mean then? Is that to the exclusion of those beautiful folks who fit into either gender? In that case... sign me up for pan-romanticism, I hope I get my membership card soon.

pawprint prettysure

I gotta go with what potentialsurvivor said.

If pan-romantic means that, then what is bi-romantic? :huh:

Well, this is how I understand it, but anyone who knows better is more than welcome to correct me.

As I understand it, bi-romantic means that someone is potentially romantically attracted to either gender. Pan-romantic means that someone is potentially romantically attracted to anyone, whether they fit into the gender dichotomy easily or not. It's the same thing for bi-sexual/pan-sexual, only it's sexually attracted, rather than romantically.

Seien Hananosei

Hm, I voted other because mine is a bit weird.

So, it's a cross between pan and hetero. I view myself more as neutrois-androgyne (usually neutrois, but I sometimes have bouts of masculinity or femininity), so I'm not sure if I can even be heterosexual if I don't have a "gender."

On the other hand, I am biologically female, so liking men would technically make me heterosexual.

But I don't like just men. Well, in the past I have only liked men, but in theory I could be pansexual. But when I really think about it I think that I'm romantically inclined towards the male gender, not the male 'sex.' I dunno, it's weird. ^^;

So is that... Pan-heterogendersexual? :/

I'm surprised there are more "other" than "homo" so far.

I chose "other." The way we draw the lines, I'm aromantic, but I'm getting to be less and less a fan of the way we draw the lines. Nobody seems to have any idea, when pressed, what "romantic" means. I think it might be much more productive to talk about "asexual attraction" than to try to separate out "romantic attraction" and hem and haw whenever anyone actually wants to know what it is. Making "romantic attraction" our axis ends up eliding all the other kinds of attraction we talk about as asexuals: perhaps I don't want a boyfriend or girlfriend per se, but what about the ways that aesthetic, intellectual, or social attraction inform the ways I form relationships? I say stick them all under the "asexual attraction" umbrella for the time being and see what we end up with.

Other.

Hetero aromantic.

Confused?

Tough. :P

Wait, you can do that?

That's it, I'm stealing "hetero-aromantic." It's too good not to. It pretty much sums up my entire first post in this thread, but with far less angst.

I believe that pan-romantic would be that you would love anyone romantically no matter what race, sex or any other factor they may be. I may be wrong, but i'm almost positive thats what it is. I'm Bi-romantic by the way ^.^

Bi as a prefix means 'two' and pan means 'all' or 'any', so biromantic would mean "romantically attracted to two (genders)" and panromantic "romantically attracted to all or any (genders)".

'course, these things are open to adaptation, but that's what I go by.

I feel that biromantic is too limiting a term for my romantic attachments.

Mentally I'm quite romantically attached to men and women, but just prefer men. But I can't be in relationships. I always feel suffocated. If I ever got into a relationship it'd have to be a nice long distance one. So I dunno. I like cuddles and things, but not ALL the time. I have to be in the mood. I voted changing.

Diversity Lesson 101: "Pansexuality"

Pansexual is a term that has been growing in recent years as a way for people to better identify their sexual identity. The word Pansexual is derived from the Greek prefix pan, meaning "all". The term is reflective of those who feel they are sexually/emotionally/spiritually capable of falling in love with all genders.

Definition:

Pansexuals have the capability of attraction to others regardless of their gender identity or biological sex. A pansexual could be open to someone who is male, female, transgender, intersex, or agendered/genderqueer.

Pansexual FAQ:

Do Pansexuals like everyone?

Pansexual identified people have the physical/emotional/spiritual capability of falling in love or being with someone regardless of their gender. This doesn't mean they like everyone, and some Pansexuals do have physical preferences. The identity is used merely to express the openness and fluidity to people of all genders.

How is Pansexuality different from Polysexuality?

Pan means "all" while Poly means "many" and so there are some similar overlaps, a Polysexual may be attracted to some gender variant people but not have the capability or desire to be with some others. Pansexuals are open to any person regardless of their gender or sex.

Aren't Pansexuals really just Bisexual?

Pansexuality is not to be confused with Bisexuality in which "Bi" denotes two genders (male & female) and "Pan" being "all" is open to people who fall at all points or even outside of the gender continuum.

I found this at:

http://queersunited.blogspot.com/2008/06/d...nsexuality.html

I think I am romantic, but keep hope that maybe I'm not. If I am, I guess I'd say pan- I usually like men, so I feel like complete scum when I say I could see myself with a transgirl. So, um, I don't know.

I answered hetero, since I lean more towards that and it would just plain feel really weird to be with a woman romantically, but if it does happen that I fall in love with a woman, I wouldn't hesitate to persue that. But for the mean-time, it's looking like I'm looking more for men, if I'm looking at all.

Archived