NEW Orientation Poll

Amcan

What is your romantic orientation?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is your romantic orientation?

• Hetero-romantic
    • Homo-romantic
    • Bi-Romantic
    • A-Romantic
    • Pan-Romantic
    • Other (please state in comments)
    • Changing (please state in comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

Voted other. I guess I'd consider myself gray in that area.. I feel aromantic at the moment, but I'm open to the possibility of wanting a relationship in the future.

I just don't like what a relationship entails.. all the mushy stuff.

Although I hate thinking of my "squishes" as just friends...

Heteromantic for me.

As an aside, I think I'm starting to get to grips with the definitions of pansexual and panromantic and how they're different to the definitions of bisexual and biromantic, but don't they at least overlap? It seems to me that most pansexual or panromantic people are attracted to people of both sexes and therefore are bisexual or biromantic, as I understand the terms, though not all bisexual and biromantic people are pansexual or panromantic. So I'm not sure how much sense it makes to have them as separate poll categories.

Maybe one answer is that to be bisexual or biromantic you have to be attracted to the two genders themselves whereas pansexal and panromantic people are attracted independently of the gender...

House of Chimeras

I’m pretty much aromantic, I’m not interested in romance. I’m mostly just interested in having really close friendships with certain people regardless of there gender. Then again, I’m the kind of person who would love to be able to hug and perhaps even kiss close friends like you would a family member, if I knew those friends would let me and be comfortable with it. So I guess in some ways I’m also somewhat panromantic rather then aromantic.

• 4 weeks later...
My orientation has changed

I'm now Hetero-Romantic Demi-Sexual

Hetro-Romantic-Asexual :D

OooOoooh relationship going that strong huh? :D nice to hear

major :cake: celebration not every day someone finds out the true nature of such an essential piece of their make up what makes them them u know anyways congrats :cake::blink::cake:

My orientation has changed

I'm now Hetero-Romantic Demi-Sexual

Hetro-Romantic-Asexual :D

OooOoooh relationship going that strong huh? :D nice to hear

major :cake: celebration not every day someone finds out the true nature of such an essential piece of their make up what makes them them u know anyways congrats :cake::blink::cake:

I'm in no relationship at the moment (breaking up with current g/f) but as of recent my attraction has only been towards females

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm bi-romantic. I can envision myself in romances with both boys and girls. I even have "types".

I went through a LONG time of trying to figure out if the reason I hated romantic feelings (my own) was something wrong with me, or just something wrong with the bajillion people I've tried to associate with.

I recently gave up on that question and realised I'm just a-romantic, a-sexual, and a-gender.

The whole aspect of yaoi appealing to me was probably a good stone stuck in the gears.

I voted other because I like girls and guys but none of them sexually and only if i am extremely close to them. I basically compare people to dolls upon meeting them so I don't know. I just know that I am not really good at relationships because they are awkward to me since the initial reaction I have towards people is odd in itself. I more have fascinations with people than anything, and I get over those quickly.

I'd like to think I voted bi-romantic, but I'm not sure because my browser is being stupid. Anyway, I am romantically attracted to men, but I am definitely attracted to women as well. The attraction seems to be emotional, but in such an overwhelming way that sometimes I think I've mistaken it for sexual attraction (hence my recent identification as asexual), but once I'm alone with the person, I realize that I was way off and that there really was no sexual attraction at all. Only a romantic and somewhat skewed emotional attraction, if you can call it that. So now I have to look at situations a little bit differently from now on, which will be very interesting for me. Thankfully, I had a chance to work on that this weekend. The first time I told someone that I was asexual. However, their comment was, "I'm not a big fan of sex, I just like having fun. But there are other things we can do." I still declined the offer. I didn't want to find out what the other things were, even though she was very beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...
I used to be heteroromantic but I've thought about this a lot now and I think I'm feline-romantic. I honestly only feel romantic about my cat.

That describes me perfectly! Thanks for putting it into words. I'm claiming "feline-romantic" too. :lol:

I voted hetero-romantic. Does being a hopeless romantic count, too? ;D

• 2 weeks later...
Other.

Hetero aromantic.

That's more like it~!

I have some sort of preference for people of the opposite gender, but it is not romantic. Hetero-squishy, perhaps?

Anyway, I voted "other."

Other.

Hetero aromantic.

That's more like it~!

I have some sort of preference for people of the opposite gender, but it is not romantic. Hetero-squishy, perhaps?

Anyway, I voted "other."

this. half my mind tells me i have squish/crush on somebody while the other half says romance is a joke.

i still can't figure out if im an idealist or cynic...

Dylan-Michael
I used to be heteroromantic but I've thought about this a lot now and I think I'm feline-romantic. I honestly only feel romantic about my cat.

That describes me perfectly! Thanks for putting it into words. I'm claiming "feline-romantic" too. :lol:

Nice!

I'm Aromantic.

I voted hetero for the most part.

Because even though I know I don't need a relationship, if one pop's up I probably wouldn't deny it. Just wouldn't take it seriously unless i started to grow to like/love the person. Even then I'd like a mostly platonic sort of relationship >>;

question... (throwing it out there, haven't thought it all the way threw, dont jump on me lol)

do you think if society was more open to gays/lesbians, that more asexuals would identify as homo- bi- romantic instead of hetero-romantic? In other words, do you think romantic attraction is something you're born with (like sexual attraction for sexuals), or something that society dictates?

I said changing, because most times I feel panromantic, but lots of other times I feel aromantic...I don't know! I prefer to say I'm just plain asexual.

• 1 month later...

I voted for pan romantic.

Overall, I think that is closest to describing what I feel. I've never really been attracted to a 'gender' its more just the way the person is that I like or don't like.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question though, or if it has already been answered elsewhere. What is demi-romantic?

• 2 weeks later...

I, personally, am polyromantic; that means I have romantic feeling towards those of any gender, but saying "biromantic" implies that there are only two genders: male and female. And, trans-/intersexuals do exist, and I was in love with one a while back.

I'm quadromantic. xD

InfinityPlusOne

I'm pretty sure I'm bi-romantic, although I'm not entirely sure since I've never had a romantic relationship with a woman (just an unrequited crush).

• 2 months later...

Voted bi-romantic; though I'm generally more romantically attracted to guys, I'm half-in-love with a girl right now, so.

• 3 weeks later...
50 Cent Piece

Huh. I just learned from reading this thread that I'm Panromantic. Cool. Well, a teensy bit pan, I'm still mostly aromantic, because I could happily go my whole life without romance. But the idea is nice, and I do like having someone who is more important to me than anyone else and knowing the feeling is mutual. I'm not sure I could stand sleeping in the same bed or dealing with another person that much, though D: And I don't need to kiss, but I've always liked being in body contact [lazy cuddling?] with people I like.

My own feelings on the whole "pan" vs "bi" issue, from my own just-now-have-a-word-for feeling, is that I really just don't care what they are. I would never describe myself as bi, it feels totally off. I'm completely unattracted to guys and girls.

But I've always thought, well if I had to be in a relationship I guess I'd prefer a girl because they are what I am and therefor more relateable.

But then I remembered an imaginary friend I had when I was wee who I had what could be described as a slight romantic fixation toward [shut up I was little!]. I never imagined kissing him or going on dates or things I thought to be romantic, but my imaginary friend was someone that was like a person who would always be there for me no matter what, we cared about each other more than anyone else, and I'd imagine cuddling.

As I remembered that, I thought, "Oh, yeah. I could be romantic with a guy if that's what it was like."

And a while before that, after I learned that there were other asexuals, is when I thought, "Hey, I wouldn't have any problem dating an asexual girl, then."

And as I get older I think, "I could be romantic with someone intersex, trans-either, gender neutrois, a six legged intelligent alien with four different genders." They all hold the same level of attraction to me [which is none].

So I had to actually think about whether or not I could be in a relationship with any of these, before I realizing that it really didn't matter. The relationship we would have is what would determine everything.

I've never been attracted to any of these genders, but I could equally as easy have a romantic relationship with any if they were special.

To put is simply, it's like all those yaoi manga: "I don't like guys...just you. You're special." Only make it asexual and we're good. For me, Bi says "I could be in a relationship with a girl or a guy" and for me it's just, "I could be in a relationship if you were perfect with me." Gender is such a non-issue I could go my whole life with someone and never know "what" they were. For that matter, I've never preferred a certain race, height, body build, eye color, anything physical at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived