NEW Orientation Poll

Amcan

What is your romantic orientation?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is your romantic orientation?

• Hetero-romantic
    • Homo-romantic
    • Bi-Romantic
    • A-Romantic
    • Pan-Romantic
    • Other (please state in comments)
    • Changing (please state in comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

I go between hetero-romantic and a-romantic for months or years at a time.

• 2 weeks later...
Voted hetero-romantic, though I think being asexual would be a little easier if I were a-romantic.

Same...

• 3 weeks later...

A-romantic (I said it!)

I don't actually feel much connection to others at all, and would be happy to be alone forever.

pawprint prettysure

I'm not sure what I actually voted back when the poll was created... I'm guessing I voted bi since I wasn't sure what pan romantic was.

But I'm pan-romantic.

A-romantic. And you know how with asexuality, there's the a-indifferent and a-repulsed distinction? Well, when it comes to romance, I would probably fit into the repulsed category, because to me, the whole idea of love/emotional intimacy/relationships is unpleasant.

I would like to answer poll's question but I'm still not sure if I'm hetero- romantic or a- romantic, what makes me confused :huh:

Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm straight, but I am also A-Romantic. I don't have a desire for relationships right now or not even in the near future.

TheMadcapLaughs

I'm panromantic but I only really strive after relationships with females so I voted heteroromantic without thinking it through. I guess I just very rarely notice that I'm panromantic >_>

• 2 weeks later...

Changing.

I'll go long periods where I'm practically aromantic, and other times I suppose I'm pan-romantic. That changes in all directions as well, really.

• 4 weeks later...
Mr. Ten Below

Hm, people have some confusion and I think I might be able to give an answer. My pansexual friends who have bisexual friends gave me this definition: Bisexual people often have a preference -- they'll have a stronger attraction to men or women -- and/or they will have certain things they like in men and certain things they like in women. Pansexual people don't consider gender at all in their attraction.

Bi-romanticism and pan-romanticism work the same way. I'm calling myself gray pan-romantic, so I'm voting other.

I've been aromantic for as long as I can remember. and given this I didn't discover I was asexual until about 6 months ago. I some times wonder what I might be missing. But I have never been curious enough to find a girlfriend so I'll just stick with my dog. ^_^

AFlyingPiglet
Other.

Hetero aromantic.

Confused?

Tough. :P

Wait, you can do that?

That's it, I'm stealing "hetero-aromantic." It's too good not to. It pretty much sums up my entire first post in this thread, but with far less angst.

Yeh, Hetero-Aromantic pretty well sums me up too! I've been pondering for a while which 'camp' I fall into and I think the answer is both and neither.

After all they are just terms.

Well, I always say I'm hetero-romantic... but in reality, I think it's false...

I was born a female, but I'm neutrois, so I don't see myself as one, body and mind.

I'm attracted to some, very rare, males. 3 in total in my 22 years old life...I don't know what they had that was so special for me to feel love towards them...I do think it' would not be impossible for me to fall in love with a female or someone else that does not fit the gender/sex/orientation magority.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm mostly a-romantic, but on occasion, I've been attracted to members of the opposite sex ^^;

For the most part, though, I've just never been interested in pursuing a romantic or sexual relationship.

I voted other.

I'm currently calling what i am "Queer-Romantic". This means something like "I choose not to definemyself by my preferences but i do have some".

i guess i'm kind a bit demiromantic, i've tended to prefer females but that might be that i've had reason to find males scary and i'm only just beginning to get over that. I've been told i have a "thing" for people with nonbinary genders but that's just cos i know so many and the ones i know are really nice! And, of course, i identify with them because i'm trans and nonbinary. (i've similarly been accused of having a "thing" for asexy people but then i came out as asexual myself, this apparently makes it make more sense).

Pan-romantic here. Surprised there weren't more of us... we are only 11%!

lust_for_danger

i voted homo-asexual lol i cant believe there are so little homo-asexuals :(

Archived