NEW Orientation Poll

Amcan

What is your romantic orientation?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is your romantic orientation?

• Hetero-romantic
    • Homo-romantic
    • Bi-Romantic
    • A-Romantic
    • Pan-Romantic
    • Other (please state in comments)
    • Changing (please state in comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm pan-romantic but I lean towards liking men more. I'm attracted to them romantically and sexually..I'm not sexually attracted to any other gender but male. Romantically though, gender doesn't matter

Other. I have romantic feelings, but not towards other people. I don't know how to describe that...

sakura_alice

Aw, I saw bi before pan, so voted bi...would've voted pan though. Ah well.

I voted other. I am romantic but would love to have a relationship, though.

Voted homo-romantic, but I'm leaning more towards A-romantic. Or maybe I need to forget about labels and just be myself.

Pan-romantic here. I went by bi-romantic until I stopped to properly think about exactly what that meant, and realised that pan is infinitely more accurate.

I voted 'hetero-romantic' although I tend to be aromantic in behavior. As I see it my conscious self is aromantic while my subconscious self is (probably) romantic.

I guess I'm a pan-romantic homosexual (i.e. lesbian). So I'm only partly asexual, does that make any sense... :unsure:

I guess I'm a pan-romantic homosexual (i.e. lesbian). So I'm only partly asexual, does that make any sense... :unsure:
Yeah I'm ina similar situation. I voted Homo-romantic as I consider myself both gay and somewhat asexual. I like other guys but more so romantically rather than sexually. In fact I've only ever been sexually attracted to other guys for limited brief fleeting moments. Unfortunately, it's not the best position to be in as it's impossible to find other asexual gay guys around and a guy would never want me if I can't provide him with sex or don't feel fully comfortable taking it. That's the problem with the whole gay scene, all they want is sex, sex, sex! :(

I voted hetero-romantic because that's the way I lean towards, but I've never been in any sort of a romantic relationship. Nor do I desire one.

carried in bags

good ole hetro.

i like the idea of being pan, but i dont think i could be? i'll have to do my homework

I voted other.

Like I said in my introduction, I've only ever been in one relationship and I am still in that relationship. At a glance it would indicate that I'm heterosexual. But prior to my relationship, and somehow even within the very contrariwise role that this relationship puts me in, I view myself as being mostly a gender neutral, asexual individual. With respect to romance and the sort of intimacy that would go along with that, I've never really been in a real romantic relationship prior to this one, either, in addition to sexual. There were no boyfriends or girlfriends a priori.

It's not for lack of curiosity and testing myself, as I have attempted a date or two, and even kissed both genders. Aesthetically pleasing individuals, no less. But I just found my attraction to be pretty much null to either. (It certainly helps that I'm not a fan of mouth kisses.) On the flip side I have engaged in other forms of intimacy, that in some ways has common elements of a romantic relationship, but it remained without the expectations of sexual intimacy or even romantic intimacy. As least for me because of the boundaries I drew.

I used to be actively involved, in what's been termed the 'vampire community'. The type of relationships that I fostered in this community with what we called donors was very intimate and requires an exceptional degree of respect and trust. Anything less would be extremely dangerous. I've had such relationships with both boys and girls, even a couple once. I could cite the pros and cons of either gender but that would probably be TMI. The status of my involvement in that community changed from active to passive when I began this relationship because of my own personal views of respect and safety.

The reason I bring it up is because for me, having an inability to -- hmm, perhaps better put as extreme difficulty with -- really connecting or even perceiving people beyond a superficial level, much less an emotional one, these donor relationships gave me a way around that, and helped me feel alive and involved in the reality that I otherwise feel like the backseat witness to. It added dimension and color my extrapersonal world. I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but it's my best psychological explanation for my actions and motivations. Beyond a few hypothetical metaphysical premises that float within that community that I waver on.

A bit of a tangent, but it's actually a bit amusing how similar this community is to that one at the heart of it all. But I guess we make connections to what is familiar. Being the new person in a community is a bit unfamiliar to me these days, especially the topic is not new, so once again, forgive me if I have made anyone uncomfortable. I tend to be a bit colloquially cerebral with my written expression. ^_^

I said changing. I'm always changing all over the place. But that's not to say I flip like a trout from being romantic or not or to one gender to another. You might say I'm hetero-romantic, but I do not feel romantic lately, let me tell you! No, it's definitely a changing tide. Tide's down, I can't care less! But I'm sure I will sometimes feel very romantic for someone or it will hit me and then I will not feel that way again eventually, gradually. Even when I do feel romantic, I have to wonder if it is truly romantic. It's more like Courtly Love for me anyhow. I only romanticize on an aesthetic level, never a practical one. Only if I can admire someone from a distance can I feel romantic. And really that feeling is absent for me lately. *shrugs* I used to hold different beliefs and feelings about it than I do now.

Other. I have romantic feelings, but not towards other people. I don't know how to describe that...

I voted a-romantic, but this actually makes sense. I have no idea how I would describe it either, but it definitely resonates with me...

*goes off to think about this*

what's aromantic? having a romantic interest in asexuals as opposed to sexuals?

If aromantic simply means beign asexual and romantic, there would be a-hetero-romantic, a-bi-romantic etc.

Voted hetero-romantic.

If aromantic simply means beign asexual and romantic, there would be a-hetero-romantic, a-bi-romantic etc.

Voted hetero-romantic.

Aromantic usually means the person does not experience romantic attraction to anyone of any gender. They may value close friendship and emotional intimacy, but they do not have a desire to date, form romantic relationships, or be physically intimate with other people (hugging, kissing, cuddling, etc.).

Voted hetero-romantic.

Aromantic usually means the person does not experience romantic attraction to anyone of any gender. They may value close friendship and emotional intimacy, but they do not have a desire to date, form romantic relationships, or be physically intimate with other people (hugging, kissing, cuddling, etc.).

wait.. I'm supposed to know that.

Shees.. I must have been half asleep when I posted. :redface: sorry

I voted pan-romantic. However, I've only ever been romantically attracted to women in the past (crushes, that sort of thing) but I don't think gender matters, just the individual person and their personality.

I voted changing because in theory I'm bi-romantic (I find guys and girls equally "romantically" attractive and would date either one theoretically) but I have no real desire to date and am happier alone than with others and am therefore a-romantic.

I put down as "Other". I've fallen in love with the opposite sex plenty of times in the past, but never felt the need to be inside a relationship.

Archived