Who has it worse, asexuals or nymphomaniacs?

What about an asexual with a high sex drive?

Hallucigenia
What about an asexual with a high sex drive?

Well, at least they are not dependent on other people to fulfil their desires...

Ooo good point. Poor nymphomaniacs.

• 6 years later...
Vincisomething

It's not a competition. Both sides get crapped on. You're either a prude or a slut and neither of those is more flattering than the other. If we're talking extremes, on one side some asexuals have experienced corrective rape. Nymphomaniacs on the other sides are seen as horny animals and there are people think that they "won't mind" if you rape them. We live in a society where sex sells, but then people go, "whoa, not that much sex!" Then you say, "I'm not into sex" and people say, "why not??? What happened to you?? Sex is a part of human life!!" You can't win either way. However, according to society, asexuals don't exist.

LOL ....on an asexual website, I would think everyone would answer that question in exactly the same way .....the nymphomaniacs, of course !

I really think it depends on the type of life a person wants. For aromantic asexuals, there's no large issue of finding a life partner. For romantic asexuals though, finding a partner seems to be harder.

If a nymphomanic doesn't want a partner or wants to only have a lot of sex with one partner, then they have it pretty good too. But if they have trouble maintaining relationships that they want then thry're going to have a lot of difficulty too.

It all depends on how well your sex drive meshes with what you want in life, I think.

I think that's kind of subjective... probably depends on the person and how they deal with who they are. (By the way I found that for males, it's called satyriasis - I kind of like the mythical connection with both those words :D) There could very well be nymphomaniacs who are completely happy with their sexual drives and have means of satisfying them... for us asexuals, it might seem annoying or bothersome, but for them, maybe it makes sense and they couldn't imagine their life without their sex drive?

WhenSummersGone

Probably asexuals because the world is very sex driven these days.