Who has it worse, asexuals or nymphomaniacs?

Nymphomaniacs are people with unusually high sex drives.

The definition says it's "women with excessive sex drives" but for the sake of this question, let's make it both genders...

I mean, that sounds pretty annoying.

What do you think?

ETA: I guess we're all in agreement that nymphomaniacs have it worse. Does anyone think asexuals do? Now I wonder, if I asked the nymphomaniac the same question, what they would say?

I say nymphomaniacs. Asexuals are stereotypically thought to end up alone, and so are nymphos, just for the sexual extremes. So they're equal apart from the sense that nymphos could catch diseases and rubbish in the process and asexuals probably can't. (I say probably seeing as some still have sex).

Nymphomania aka Hypersexuality

Anyway, what's excessive?? who decides what's too much and what's too little?

I guess it's pretty bad, but only cause we're not that bothered by it. But I guess you'd learn to live with it, and I'm sure there are a few places for them to have sex regularly. I don't know, it's a tough one.

Edit: After reading XTriformisX post, I have to tend to agree or, am at least leaning in that direction at around a 70 degree angle now.

Maybe my view is a tad bit biased, but I'd say nymphomaniacs are a lot worse. I personally see nothing wrong with being asexual, and nymphomaniacs can really have a lot of issues and sadly it can ruin some of their lives.

I would say nymphomaniacs if we're generalising.

Despite being asexual I'm fully capable of having a "normal" sexual relationship and adapting to the needs of my partner, whereas a nymphomaniac would most likely find that very difficult and have a lot of problems throughout their lives. So, from, personal experience, I'd still go with nymphomania being worse.

SlightlyMetaphysical

Ohh, by the way, my friend has a sex-obsessed (well, I don't think he's that sex-obsessed, just frustrated because my friend is celebate) boyfriend, who he called "my nymphomaniac boyfriend". When I corrected him, he did some research and changed it to satyromaniac, which apparently is the term for men.

And I think asexuals have it way easier just because hypersexuals need to put in such an immense amount of time into being hypersexual, but hyposexuals can use all of that time doing nice things that they like.

Oh, definitely nymphomaniacs have drawn the short straw.

1. STDs.

2. More likely to cheat on a partner (if said partner can't keep up with them, at least).

3. Increased risk of getting a bad social reputation for sleeping around.

4. STDs again. Ugh.

Nymphomania is basically an obsession, and I think it's a bad thing to be obsessed with anything. There's too much variety in life to waste it all on just one thing.

Hypersexuals.

The constant hunt for a partner, the fret of STDs, pregnancy (for females), fatherhood (for males), the danger factor (going home with 'less than safe' people), the cost of condoms... :blink:

Dunno...I think either extreme has it equal, I think--depends on the person.

Just like an asexual person could adapt into a sexual relationship to please their sexual partners, do you think a nympho * maybe * could learn to control themselves and not take part in risky sexual behaviors and find other ways to release sexual frustration??

I'd say nymphos, just a hunch really. I found some sort of forum for nymphomaniacs, and one thread was about who wished they weren't a nympho... mixed answers in it really... but many of them seemed to desire a "normal sex-drive".

I wonder if there are any asexual-hypersexual relationships out there. :P

I'd say nymphos, just a hunch really. I found some sort of forum for nymphomaniacs, and one thread was about who wished they weren't a nympho... mixed answers in it really... but many of them seemed to desire a "normal sex-drive".

I should visit a nymphomaniac forum. Sounds interesting.

And yeah, I wondered about asexual-hypersexual relationships! Sounds like a good idea for a TV show! :lol:

I feel to be completely satisfied with my asexuality so I definitely say - nymphomaniacs has it worse and I regret them.

They feel a need to do something again and again and again... They are under a great pressure from themselves and from their neighbourhood as well. It must be really hard. I can't imagine what they must go through.

Providing they aren't romantic relationships I'd figure it could work out fine... but exclusivity... :lol:

Q : Who has it worse, asexuals or nymphomaniacs?

A : Nymphomaniacs. Because they are to end up with unfulfilled desires. Like living with constant hunger/thirst.

I don't know how strong their desires are. I just assume that they are as powerful and "essential" as

basic human needs of hunger/thirst.

I'd go for asexuals, only under specific circumstances. For example, an asexual man will go through hell if his wife starts nagging, swearing or cheating on him.

Nymphomaniacs have it worse I would think. Though asexuals can have it hard as well of course.

I don't know, I think nymphos have it worse, since sexual addiction is pathologised (and for good reason). Add to that the risk of sexually transmitted diseases and I think that the danger for nymphomaniacs is pretty high.

Chocolatelover18

Definitely nymphos. I mean imagine having TOO much sexual desire that you'll sleep with any Tom, Dick, and Harry just to get off and risk having std's.

If you're understanding nymphomania as a sexual addiction then nymphomaniacs have it worse than asexuals. They're at the mercy of their lust and have an excessive demand for other people. It's far better for libido to be controlled than out of control. It's no accident that monks and nuns are respected and have access to higher ideals. Asexuals at least are in a position to develop independence, by which I don't necessarily mean solitude.

I think nymphos have it worse. Back in HS, a classmate told me she was going absolutely crazy because she hasn't had sex in a few days, due to her boyfriend being away or she didn't have one at the time; I don't remember. She said she couldn't wait to get a dildo to help her get through not having sex. She couldn't concentrate and was all fidgety, like she was going through withdrawal. I felt bad cuz she seemed to be really suffering. Glad I don't have to worry about that.

My opinion is it's us as society puts a lot more pressure on us. Nymphos can just go to a club and hook up.

I think society pressure is not the main problem. Just try to imagine what nymphos has to feel as they can't calm down their desire... That's horrible and it's even mroe horrible as it is sexual desire... I can't imagine anything like that, honestly.

And I'm pretty sure many asexuals really like being asexuals ;)

I think... In the case asexual is not happy with his/her orientation it is still easier to find a relationship he/she coud be satisfied in. Now I can't say surely because I AM happy with my asexuality. But I'm quite convinced that feeling a physical desire you can't fulfil is just the worst. Must be.

the Lady Ashuko

I would say nymphos because it seems like they can never be completely satisfied (a bit of a generalization). I had a friend at school who was one but I don't think she realized it. All she ever really thought about was sex and she would always complain about her bf's "incredibly low sex drive."

Nymphomaniacs are people with unusually high sex drives.

The definition says it's "women with excessive sex drives" but for the sake of this question, let's make it both genders...

I mean, that sounds pretty annoying.

What do you think?

ETA: I guess we're all in agreement that nymphomaniacs have it worse. Does anyone think asexuals do? Now I wonder, if I asked the nymphomaniac the same question, what they would say?

I would say nymphomaniacs have it worse, simply because as an asexual I don't feel I have it bad at all.

In society? Asexuals.

You're almost an after thought.

I haven't seen any form of media that will tackle the subject, and speak about it, as if it could be a normal, fullfilling way to live.

I think it would be much easier to come out as a nymphomaniac than to come out as an asexual.

Odds are strongly in favor, that one of the two would be taken seriously by most.

I find nymphomaniacs have it worse overall, though.

I've known quite a few people with extremely high sex drives, and it would often ruin their relationships(them cheating), or leave them miserable in them, as their partners couldn't keep up.

That said...an asexual in a relationship with a sexual, could quite possibly end up getting the same results. Getting cheated on, or having a disgruntled partner stick with them.

I would hate being a slave to my sex drive, though. So to me, thats the worst way of living.

In society? Asexuals.

You're almost an after thought.

I haven't seen any form of media that will tackle the subject, and speak about it, as if it could be a normal, fullfilling way to live.

There is a literature that understands the absence of a sex drive to be positive. Certain forms of asceticism have been understood by many to be the highest forms of humanity. Read Plato, Nietzsche and Freud, for example, and also consider the long history of religious asceticism.