Lonewolfe001

Chatroom - mobile users

8 posts in this topic

That would probably require new chat technology... I don't see the current version ever being accessible via mobile. It's Flash based--as best as I know, smart phones still can't access Flash scripts? All I can say for certain is that this chat technology was made a while back, probably before the new era of smart phones, so I highly doubt it's compatible.

That would probably require new chat technology... I don't see the current version ever being accessible via mobile. It's Flash based--as best as I know, smart phones still can't access Flash scripts? All I can say for certain is that this chat technology was made a while back, probably before the new era of smart phones, so I highly doubt it's compatible.

Oh :-(

It would have been great to be able to access the chatroom anywhere, anytime

I know this is an old thread, but I just saw it and wanted to mention that there is an open source implementation of flash, called gnash. So, in theory, any linux device should be able to use flash now. I'm pretty sure this works on ARM.

I'm curious to know whether the iPhone works with flash. I see no reason why it couldn't, but I have no idea. I don't even want a cellular phone, personally, but I very rarely leave home. :D

Do you mean an actual thread?

We're trying to discourage the use of the AVEN forum purely for chattingb purposes, that's not why we're here.

A chat subforum is likely to be implemented for JFF.

I'm curious to know whether the iPhone works with flash. I see no reason why it couldn't, but I have no idea. I don't even want a cellular phone, personally, but I very rarely leave home. :D

Nope. It's one of the few gripes I have about it.