7 replies to this topic

#1 Lonewolfe001

Lonewolfe001

Asexy

• AVEN Members
  • 420 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Grey A

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:44 AM

Is there anyway we can make the Chat foroum WAP/mobile friendly?
Courage

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow."

- Mary Anne Radmacher

#2 Coleslaw

Coleslaw

Technical Administrator

• Webmasters
  • 4,429 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Asexual

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:04 AM

That would probably require new chat technology... I don't see the current version ever being accessible via mobile. It's Flash based--as best as I know, smart phones still can't access Flash scripts? All I can say for certain is that this chat technology was made a while back, probably before the new era of smart phones, so I highly doubt it's compatible.

We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards.

- Lt. Cmdr. Data

#3 Lonewolfe001

Lonewolfe001

Asexy

• AVEN Members
  • 420 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Grey A

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:09 AM

That would probably require new chat technology... I don't see the current version ever being accessible via mobile. It's Flash based--as best as I know, smart phones still can't access Flash scripts? All I can say for certain is that this chat technology was made a while back, probably before the new era of smart phones, so I highly doubt it's compatible.

Oh :-(

It would have been great to be able to access the chatroom anywhere, anytime
Courage

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow."

- Mary Anne Radmacher

#4 Gatto

Gatto

A-phrodite

• AVEN Members
  • 2,854 posts
  • Location:No one sleeps in this room without the dream of a common language.

Posted 19 October 2008 - 03:38 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I just saw it and wanted to mention that there is an open source implementation of flash, called gnash. So, in theory, any linux device should be able to use flash now. I'm pretty sure this works on ARM.

I'm curious to know whether the iPhone works with flash. I see no reason why it couldn't, but I have no idea. I don't even want a cellular phone, personally, but I very rarely leave home. :D
I've become the sort of man who once will have been what I am.

Sunny lies softly sleeping, resting, peaceful seeming. Bright eyes cloaked in darkness slumber. What dreams he? I wonder.

Posted Image

Sic transit gloria mundi.

#5 Guest_back_slash123_*

Guest_back_slash123_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:12 PM

y not just make a mobil chat room thread?

#6 Amcan

Amcan

Borg Penguin of Doom

• Administrators
  • 60,464 posts
  • A/Sexuality:aromantic asexual

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:51 PM

Do you mean an actual thread?

We're trying to discourage the use of the AVEN forum purely for chattingb purposes, that's not why we're here.

A chat subforum is likely to be implemented for JFF.
Posted Image - A-sylum, the totally un-serious asexual forum. Come join in the fun! Click the crazy A. All welcome.

Posted Image <---- my pretty pretty box of craziness as wonderfully wrapped by Coleslaw

Speak softly and carry a big post count.

Penguin Cam (not can)

I'm not really an evil admin - I just play one on TV

We eat what we can, and what we can't, Am cans!

#7 Guest_back_slash123_*

Guest_back_slash123_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:56 PM

sounds like a plan amcan

#8 Shockwave

Shockwave

Old Fogey

• AVEN Members
  • 8,847 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Metro-asexual.

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:05 PM

I'm curious to know whether the iPhone works with flash. I see no reason why it couldn't, but I have no idea. I don't even want a cellular phone, personally, but I very rarely leave home. :D

Nope. It's one of the few gripes I have about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users