Dating Sites

ghosts

Guest Melmoth.

Finally, I was never able to register on the previous version of Asexualitic and no one seemed to respond to my e-mails. Just registered an account there and also created a group dedicated to Heavy Metal/Rock music in case anyone is interested :)

lol the new Asexualitic website looks nice. The old one looked like the internet version of old cardboard.

clockwork bird

So far, I've been getting 80 matches with people in my same country, and 70 with people in other countries. Can't seem to find anything else that influences that rating.

I've gotten a lot of 80 and 70 matches, but also several 1s, some of which are in the same country. And one 90. I thought perhaps it was related to the interests or something, but some of the 1s I've seen have multiple interests in common with me, so that seems unlikely too.

Guest Melmoth.

Anybody else having trouble uploading a picture to their account? I just keep getting a white page.

Other than that the website is looking promising, it looks great and is very easy to use. I also like that groups have their own forum sections.

I recently joined Acebook and Asexualitic.

I don't know how it's supposed to work though. LOL I mean, I try to talk to people, but we seem to be a rather wallflowered personality type and it's hard to get conversation flowing. I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

Awesome , I'm totally trying acebook! I'm on POF and most guys can 't get their head around me not wanting to sleep with them.

Okay.....so my friends are all on OK cupid...here are my questions about online dating because I've never been in a relationship and don't fully grasp the concept of it.

1- Should my user name be similar to my real one or not? I've not got anything to hide but I'm not sure I would want a possible stalker!?

2- As a guy are girls going to assume I'm trying to hook up if I message them? And if so would that be something to tell them that I wasn't?

3- I didn't see anything on that site for ace....should I put male straight ? I like girls ( I think) but I know I'm not into guys.

Thanks!

Hey, Marki. I've never been on OKC, but I can tell you what I do on POF.

I was raised that you never give information about yourself to strangers. So I use a screen name and a fake name. I give my correct name once I'm more comfortable with a person, and even then no last name. But I think I might be overdoing the anonymity. The guys seemed far more forthright with their details. Though on the Asexual geared dating sites I was upfront with my information.

As a girl I assumed 95% of the time that I was messaged it was about a hook up. I deleted all the conversations or I would just copy some examples.. But pretty much if a guy messaged me and his first note to me was 10 words or less, I assumed he was after a hookup and just never wrote back. When I had responded to short messages like, "Hello, pretty." they always ended up being about a hook up, that's why I stopped replying. But if they took a minute to read my profile and wrote me back about something I'd said in it, that they were people who were really looking for a relationship.
I don't know any girls in real life who would be upset at a guy for not wanting to be a hook up. lol Yeah, you should be honest about that. I know I consider it a positive character trait.

POF doesn't have anything for asexuals either I don't think. I just included it in my about me and interests.. LOL I put female looking for a male, it's not entirely accurate, but the closest to true that POF allowed..

Okay.....so my friends are all on OK cupid...here are my questions about online dating because I've never been in a relationship and don't fully grasp the concept of it.

1- Should my user name be similar to my real one or not? I've not got anything to hide but I'm not sure I would want a possible stalker!?

2- As a guy are girls going to assume I'm trying to hook up if I message them? And if so would that be something to tell them that I wasn't?

3- I didn't see anything on that site for ace....should I put male straight ? I like girls ( I think) but I know I'm not into guys.

Thanks!

Hi marki,

1- I wouldn't use my actual name on a dating site, however, I might use something similar to it.

2- I prefer straightforward and direct communication, so, I make it clear to others what I am and am not interested in, especially regarding sexual activity. If I'm not interested in a casual sexual encounter, then I'd mention that in my profile.

3- If I wanted others to know I identify as asexual, then I'd mention that in my profile, too. I think it's okay to identify as "straight" for the purposes of a dating site, especially if someone is attracted to the opposite sex only. If I didn't want people to think I meant "straight" as "sexually attracted to the opposite sex," then I'd clarify the type of attraction I experience for the opposite sex in my profile.

I hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ACEbook scares you? Please do tell why you don't feel safe on that site!

Personally, I think the asexualitic site sucks. But that's me.

Not entirely sure what I do want, only that I do want a committed relationship with emotional intimacy and loyalty. I want someone who is respectful of personal space (physical and emotional) but who is there (physically and emotionally). I DO want someone.

What I do NOT want is sex or to be trapped by someone who is desperately emotionally needy/clingy (where I can't even go potty without having to share the experience) or to be someone's "thing-on-their-arm" for social gatherings or their live-in handy-man. I don't like PDAs or kissing or constant touching. Ackk. I know of some women (for an example, not picking on women in general) who want the world to know they are wanted by someone, and PDAs are the thing... I like that phrase from the Police song "Don't stand so close to me." I am asexual so Get Off Me. And I'm not sure I can mentally separate romance from sexuality. Guess that makes me aromantic?

Not entirely sure what I do want, only that I do want a committed relationship with emotional intimacy and loyalty. I want someone who is respectful of personal space (physical and emotional) but who is there (physically and emotionally). I DO want someone.

And I'm not sure I can mentally separate romance from sexuality. Guess that makes me aromantic?

It all depends on what you consider emotional intimacy, to me that sounds pretty close to romance so I wouldn't consider you aromantic. Shrug, romance is a gray area in any case.

• 3 weeks later...
Friend Without Benefits
Personally, I think the asexualitic site sucks. But that's me.

It's not just you. I mean, the old asexualitic site sucked, too. The new site has serious trouble searching. Used to be that I'd get one page of actual search results, but the second page would default back to "all members." Now, whatever I type in as a search, my results are always "all members." Which is unhelpful.

(In other news, I think the people it tells me are 1% matches are gay men, whereas I'm a straight woman, so we really wouldn't match. The other factor which I'm pretty sure influences the match percentages is age.)

Freeatlast2014

Is acebook just for US and UK?! Are there many Australians on there?! I guess I should be proactive and have a look ;)

No offence intended to anyone from the UK or the US, I love both of your accents the most! It's just that you live too far away! :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
PetitFourThoughts

Is acebook just for US and UK?! Are there many Australians on there?! I guess I should be proactive and have a look ;)

No offence intended to anyone from the UK or the US, I love both of your accents the most! It's just that you live too far away! :P

I think there are members from pretty much every continent on Acebook. I know I've seen at least two active Aussie profiles... because that accent is lovely. But it has admittedly been a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone ever had luck with these? I sort of found many aces on OKC to be super shy. Are people more outgoing on the ace specific sites?

I just made an account on Asexualitic, still figuring out how it works.

• 1 month later...
QuietRebel

Thanks for posting these.

I didn't even know they existed.

Still trying to figure out which one I want to join ^_^

It's really good to know that so many of us are looking for platonic partners, it seems like we could all just meet up and have one huge singles party.. except of course we're scattered all over the world! Thanks for this info, I'm going to try Acebook.

Frigid Pink

Yeah, I really disliked that about Acebook, that most people (or at least those I connected with) were really far away from me.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Even meetups are going down the pipes. The ones I went to in the last 3 years were proof that the quality of available singles has really declined.

Maybe it's just me, the fact that I'm busy getting my life together... but I'm starting to think that's a pointless task. It wouldn't surprise me if men in very bad drag pretending to be women started turning up at meetups.

To Everybody:

Finding a boyfriend, girlfriend or spouse takes HARD work and being open.

The dating scene is bad because nobody wants to get out there and socialize and some people have serious preferences(exclude sex). Sexual people have this view if I can't find my preference , i'll just use whoever for sex. Asexual people ,Some don't want to socialize or some have a preference issue. Because I don't want intercourse or oral sex, My preference is not that long. I had a dude on this site not talk to me because my skin color.

Archived