Dating Sites

ghosts

• 2 weeks later...

Have any of you read the posts on those singles and dating boards??? Well, if not, you should, because it will give you an idea of the kinds of negative people you'll be dealing with (or having to compete against) if you join one of those outfits. Some of those people would laugh at train derailments.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I was wondering if the mentioned sites are advertised in the other "Alternative Language"-forums.

When I was only active in the German forum I didn't know that there are international dating sites.

So if you have another native language than English maybe you can check if there is an entry with a link to

these sites (mainly ace-book and okcupid) and if not create one.

This could increase the chance to bring aces together... :)

• 2 weeks later...

I actually met my boyfriend through Acebook some time back. It's a pretty decent place, though I was rarely on.
Actually, both of us chanced to sign in for the first time in months and I randomly clicked his profile and was like "Hey this guy seems cool, maybe we can be friends" an mustered the courage to send him a message and it all went from there. Gosh I'm so glad I did. xD

I just made a profile on OKC. It says my personality is very wholesome, whatever that means.

I suppose it is a matter of using a free site compared to a subscription one. I have an Asexualitic profile but I don't want to pay a fee so are limited to creating a profile and that is it. Because of this, I do not know what Asexualitic is like as a full site so maybe someone else can comment.

But for Ace-Book, it is free, easy to use, just a lot of work and waiting around. If you put the effort in to chatting to people you will get the rewards back of conversation, connection and then wherever else you want things to lead. I think the forum is more active on AVEN though and the chat is non existent on Ace-Book.

I find acebook to be extremely subpar compared to aven just due to the lack of active members and find it harder to follow threads. I have tried messaging a few people to chat and see if they would be interested in being part of the meetup groups in our area and never get a response :( I'm sure it works well for some, but I personally haven't had much luck. I haven't tried asexualitic because I'm not dying to date, if the perfect person comes along it may be nice, but I'm not going to spend money to join a site to search for someone unless I really start wanting a partner. I'm not interested in long distance so I see the meetup groups as the best option for me for now and if a dating type relationship blossoms from any of the friendships I make there then I would be fine with it.

I find acebook to be extremely subpar compared to aven just due to the lack of active members and find it harder to follow threads. I have tried messaging a few people to chat and see if they would be interested in being part of the meetup groups in our area and never get a response :( I'm sure it works well for some, but I personally haven't had much luck. I haven't tried asexualitic because I'm not dying to date, if the perfect person comes along it may be nice, but I'm not going to spend money to join a site to search for someone unless I really start wanting a partner. I'm not interested in long distance so I see the meetup groups as the best option for me for now and if a dating type relationship blossoms from any of the friendships I make there then I would be fine with it.

I did make and acebook account and the site was very confusing and I felt nervous on it. It didn't feel moderated at all and even if I didn't feel nervous it wasn't very conducive for getting to know people. I am considering re-opening my account though and trying again. No harm in trying after all. Aven is definitely superior haha. However its very hard to find any dates on here and even in the meet up nobody in my area seems at all interested in actually meeting up. I agree I'm not desperate enough to pay and long-distance is not for me. :/ Oh well, I'm young and it was just for fun anyway :)

I did make and acebook account and the site was very confusing and I felt nervous on it. It didn't feel moderated at all and even if I didn't feel nervous it wasn't very conducive for getting to know people. I am considering re-opening my account though and trying again. No harm in trying after all. Aven is definitely superior haha. However its very hard to find any dates on here and even in the meet up nobody in my area seems at all interested in actually meeting up. I agree I'm not desperate enough to pay and long-distance is not for me. :/ Oh well, I'm young and it was just for fun anyway :)

I made a lot of connections on Acebook, however, most of them were long distance, especially the romantic connections. Unfortunately, I discovered that long distance romantic relationships don't work for me.

I much prefer AVEN for discussions, however, I did make one romantic connection on AVEN before. Unfortunately, that didn't work out due to long distance.

I recommend both sites to keep your options open, and I also recommend OKCupid if you're really specific in your profile and if you give short responses to everyone and block quickly to avoid any unpleasant attention or interactions.

has anyone had any luck on these sites? possibly recently ?

I met my current romantic partner on OKCupid and we've been together for almost two years now.

Umming and ahhing about signing up to Acebook. I was a bit off put about having to put my real name? Does it require you to have a photo, as well? I kind of just want to use it to get to know new people but not necessarily as straight on looking for dates, because I don't feel comfortable just looking for people with intention of them possibly being a date like that; I'd rather was more natural friend first thing, nothing expected...

Umming and ahhing about signing up to Acebook. I was a bit off put about having to put my real name? Does it require you to have a photo, as well? I kind of just want to use it to get to know new people but not necessarily as straight on looking for dates, because I don't feel comfortable just looking for people with intention of them possibly being a date like that; I'd rather was more natural friend first thing, nothing expected...

I didn't use my real name on OKCupid and I don't currently use my real name on Acebook. I use a photo of me in costume because I want some anonymity on the site.

If I wanted to get to know new people and wasn't necessarily looking for a "date," then I'd mention that in my profile. I was very explicit about the type of relationship I was looking for in my OKCupid profile when I was on the site.

If you don't want ambiguity, then don't be ambiguous.

I wish you the best!

You can put whatever picture you want there, as far as I have seen. Also, your visible profile does not include your name. Your location will be visible, but you can be more general (like country/state, as opposed to your specific city/town).

Okay, thank you Frigid Pink and Windchaser, this will help me make a decision on it. :)

No problem! I've only been on Acebook for a few weeks, but I like it just fine. The forum isn't as active as AVEN is, but I have met some nice people there. I hope you have a similar experience! :)

Well, thanks to this thread I decided to make my own Acebook account. Let's see if I can meet some cool people on there

I tried okcupid (I was able to choose to identify as asexual).

There are nice people there. The problem from my experience was that usually I had better match scores with people that lived too far, and the conversations were a bit slow as they were more like mails rather than chat, and as I usually don't have much time I decided to deactivate temporarily my account.

I think that if distance is not a problem for you, okcupid is a good idea, specially because of the match algorithm.

InsideTheTombs

I met my current girlfriend from OKC, who is also Asexual.
  • 2 weeks later...

Join all of them and then do not not talk to each other just post on forums which you can do here umm?

Do not ever respond to messages.. because Someone mite actually want to get to know you."Oh my god you mean get out from in front of the computer" ooooohhhh

Never ever meet or go on date with anyone at all costs because you mite get a coffee and even get on! or have a nice time..

And we wouldn't want that now would we?

Now you will fit right in with asexual dating scene! :P

Best advice?

learn to love your self or accept that loneliness in is the norm because if you join any of these sites that exactly what you be!

Sings Whitney Houston The greatest love of all

I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I'll live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all

which strangely enough is playing on the radio right now!!!

It really is!!!

I just came across this article about online dating sites and I highly recommend it.

IMG_4987.jpg

Thanks for sharing this link! I found it really interesting.

I went on Tinder, and matched up with someone need a little help paying the bills...

So no to dating sites for me.

I have friends who get laid quite often from interactions on these sites. Personally, I haven't had any desire for one-night stands.

I feel kind of superficial browsing these sites, and I don't like how little these represent a realistic interaction.

Last week I went on a date with a guy I met on Tinder. I state and explain my sexual and romantic orientations so as to not blindside anyone/so I don't have to deal with rude boys. I think I'm very, very lucky. The guy is very sweet and is on the executive board of the LGBT+ organization on his campus, so he was aware of asexuality beforehand. He is totally cool with just cuddling and kissing, and even asked me if there was anything he should know that would make me uncomfortable.

I don't know if this will turn into something more than a few dates, but I wanted to share this experience to show that while some dating sites are more friendly to ace people, they are just tools. I've found that moving away from those tools (usually texting or talking on the phone) show that you care about getting to know the person beyond just a hook-up. This is my personal experience, and I don't want to detract from anyone else's!

• 2 weeks later...

They are zero man on those site.

SorryNotSorry

They are zero man on those site.

Agreed.

Palaces full of Sleeping Beauties waiting for princes who will never arrive.

El-not-so-ace

Well, someone's bitter... >.>

Archived