Dating Sites

ghosts

SorryNotSorry

It's getting pretty bad. I'm used to hearing about men being catfished on dating sites, but now even meetup groups are being targeted.

Within the last month, I've gotten requests from what appear to be loose women asking to join one of my 2 groups. I was naturally suspicious and declined them because I seriously doubt a loose woman would think a group for ACV singles would find it's just the thing for her.

More than likely, those requests were probably not sent by women, but by men with stolen photos.

I think that we all need to make a collective effort and send in a bunch of suggestions to Okcupid to make an option for asexuals! If we all send in at least one feedback suggestion, I am sure that they will take it into consideration seeing how many asexuals are willing to use their site. I also think Okc is a better place than the other ones because it is actually really active.

http://www.okcupid.com/feedback

I think we might need to make a new topic to give this some awareness!

I guess okc added asexual as a test for some people....but not all of us!

added it as a test? like certain people who requested it got it for a limited amount of time?

I just sent them a feedback message asking for the option to be added. Hopefully if enough people ask, it will happen. It seems to be a generally open-minded website.

Yes someone made a post here about them adding as a test asexuality, and also a lot of gender options now.

I've never seen "Asexual" as an orientation there though. It's always Straight, Bisexual or Gay

Right......they are doing tests for a select few users to allow them to use the new options.

We can't select asexual yet.

Hey guys! So like a week ago I sent feedback to OKcupid nicely asking for an asexual option, and they sent me a link to activate the option for my account and be apart of the beta group! I'm sure if you send them a feedback email they would let you into the test as well!

Hey guys! So like a week ago I sent feedback to OKcupid nicely asking for an asexual option, and they sent me a link to activate the option for my account and be apart of the beta group! I'm sure if you send them a feedback email they would let you into the test as well!

This makes me want to reactivate my account... but I don't know if I'd want to put my aceness completely out there. I mean, I'd be alright with it, but eh. It's great for matching, but idm being in a relationship with sexual people. (though it normally creates problems for them)

I don't mind being with sexual people either, but it would be nice to have the option to find someone where we would be able to completely avoid all those problems. haha

SorryNotSorry

I still say dating sites are a lost cause, even the ones which aren't money-making machines.

They'll suck as long as men are counted upon to be the pursuers and women are counted upon to be the pursued.

I still say dating sites are a lost cause, even the ones which aren't money-making machines.

They'll suck as long as men are counted upon to be the pursuers and women are counted upon to be the pursued.

Hahaha that is so true xD Women will just sit there and wait for people to message them, very rarely do they start the convos. This norm will not change in our lifetime though, I'm pretty sure of that.

I message people a lot o.o I'm very proactive in finding my potential significant other. I feel like girls think of it more as shopping and they only want the vain best :[ Eh well, I base my 'likes' on the activities in their pictures and how sweet/kind they look <3

On another note, I have the option to change my sexual orientation to asexual, but I'm scared to put it Idk why. I'm open about it to other people when they ask.

I also have the option to change it now, and I pretty much have 5 things up there xD (They even have options for Demi and Sapiosexuals!)

SorryNotSorry

Hahaha that is so true xD Women will just sit there and wait for people to message them, very rarely do they start the convos. This norm will not change in our lifetime though, I'm pretty sure of that.

I agree, and so do many of the women I've talked to at speed dating events... though admittedly they're none too happy about having to choose between making the effort to find a guy, or sitting around and never getting picked.

With apologies to the host of Practice Dating, I think this will be one instance where we'll have to try to outfox biology, not because we're trying to be slick, but out of necessity.

<p>Plenty of women do the pursuing as well actually.</p>

If "pursue" means the first person to send a message, then, yes, I agree with that statement. I'm female-bodied and I sent the first message to my current romantic partner. If "pursue" means to repeatedly contact someone that doesn't reciprocate the same or similar level of interest, then, in that context, I wouldn't "pursue" that person as a romantic partner.

I meant first message, but I'm sure there's some of the latter too. It's pretty much a statistical inevitability.

thisforumisstupid

Does anyone know how likely it is for older asexuals to meet on one of the asexual dating sites and form a lasting relationship?

Or is it like the proverbial 'needle in a haystack'?

I ask because I tried one of the more popular dating sites and it was one of the most depressing things I've ever done! A few emails, a couple of phones calls, no in-person meetings, but yikes, the place was littered with scammers and fake profiles, men wanting only "hook-ups", and others who write offensive things in their profiles and have totally unrealistic expectations of women. And it's clear by most profiles that sex is their #1 priority.

So now that I've found AVEN, I'm maybe a bit more encouraged that I will find a like-minded partner.

Does anyone know how likely it is for older asexuals to meet on one of the asexual dating sites and form a lasting relationship?

I ask because I tried one of the more popular dating sites and it was one of the most depressing things I've ever done! A few emails, a couple of phones calls, no in-person meetings, but yikes, the place was littered with scammers and fake profiles, men wanting only "hook-ups", and others who write offensive things in their profiles and have totally unrealistic expectations of women. And it's clear by most profiles that sex is their #1 priority.

So now that I've found AVEN, I'm maybe a bit more encouraged that I will find a like-minded partner.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

thisforumisstupid

Couldn't have put it better myself.

:)

thisforumisstupid

Was hoping to get some feedback ^ ^ ^

The more I think about it, the more I feel it may be very difficult for asexual women over 55 to meet asexual men in their age group.

And I think that may be due to the fact that older men are far less likely to "identify" as asexual than younger men, perhaps due to ego and a belief that it lessens their manhood.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

I agree.. even in the forties age range all I have seen in online dating is men who's only goal is to find sex. It's depressing really so I've resigned myself to the fact that the likelihood of meeting someone who is asexual in a similar age group and of reasonable distance is pretty much zero.

Maybe a much older age group where they have perhaps lost any sex drive, but I don't fancy dating a wrinkly.

hmm... am I the only one that finds the good guys on okcupid? Granted I'm in the early 20's age group, but I've met a lot of respectful guys that aren't solely looking for sex. It's usually half and half for me. 50% lonely, 50% horny people. I've had 2 bf's come from the site and a cuddle buddy. A lot of the guys I talk to are done with the hook up scene and just want to find a significant other. I also weed out the horny people rather quickly, maybe that's it:3?

I can't seem to find girls that are cool on that site....they either are dead accounts that never reply or the only ones who show interest in me are really nothing I want.

My friends all told me OKC is just a hookup site.....is that really true?

am I the only one that finds the good guys on okcupid? I also weed out the horny people rather quickly, maybe that's it:3?

No, you're not the only one. I met my current romantic partner (a male) on there. I also "weeded out" the people who were obviously incompatible with me early on as in I didn't engage in communication with those people.

I can't seem to find girls that are cool on that site....they either are dead accounts that never reply or the only ones who show interest in me are really nothing I want.

My friends all told me OKC is just a hookup site.....is that really true?

"Cool" is relative.

I don't think OKC is "just a hook-up site" because there are clearly people on there (or who have been on there) that aren't interested in "hook-ups."

Okay....all the girls I find are not attractive to me....the ones who are are not into the same things I like. I just think it is impossible for me to find anyone who will ever fulfill my needs.

SorryNotSorry

Is it just a US thing that people on dating sites aren't really serious about meeting someone online? AFAIK maybe people in the UK, Japan, Sweden, etc take it seriously.

Archived