The Androgynous Look

Sammie

No lie. One is a member of a Japanese all-girl band.

Aw, no guesses? It is the one in the middle on top, Jyo from exist†trace.

301f23d.jpg

How could I forget the many references to Androgyny is Star Trek?

Like the Enterprise episode Cogenitor, where the crew encounters a race with 3 sexes. The third sex looks very androgynous.

292px-Cogenitor.jpg

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Cogenitor_%28episode%29

Or Star Trek - The Next Generation episode: The Outcast. Here the crew actually meets an androginoug race.

292px-Soren.jpg

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/The_Outcast

An androginious race also appears in the Enterprise episode: Fight of flight

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Fight_or_F...t_%28episode%29

And while we're on the topic of Science Fiction. I LOVE switch from the Matrix

matrix-switch.jpgbelinda_mcclory9.jpg

Yay. *loves this thread*

Androgyny in J-Rock

Lest we forget K-Rock

be61a910686cb0_full.jpgb6ebbab68523d0_full.gif

9d8e63926ffcb0_full.jpg2a93e934c520a0_full.jpg

normal_heechul1.jpg

78c2bc27e36f00_full.jpgHeeChul003.jpg

Wow, this thread is AWESOME! Androgyny is so cool. I love every single picture that everyone has posted.

Here are my favorite androgynous people:

kagerou.jpg

Daisuke6.jpg

shizumi103.jpg

Mana2.jpg

Rozz_Williams.jpg

You know, I never thought of crossdressing as androgyny! but it's so true!

I wonder why asexuals like androgynous people! but I do too! It's cool.

Asian androgyny pwns American androgyny so hard.

I don't like most androgyny in asian popculture. Its so extremely overdone. Style taken to the weird and extreme. I don't find that beautiful at all. I prefer the sort of androgyny when a person looks very close to completely normal, and you normally wouldn't think of him/her as special. Until you try to define the gender of that person.... you can't really tell.

That's the sort of androgynious look that in my oppinion totally pwns the overdone punk-rock androgyny.

Kristen Jaymes Stewart in Panic Room

kristen_stewart_1173804077.jpg

defd6b222238.jpg

Also with Jodie Foster in the same movie:

kristen_stewart_1173804063.jpg

Jodie Foster:

glasses-jodie-foster-110.jpgjodie-foster-freaky-friday-108.jpgjodie-foster-freaky-friday-107.jpg

Hey great thread!

I'm pretty androynous (hmm must be the buzzcut lol) and I've been mistaken for a guy quite a few times...even been angrily stopped from entering the ladies' @ train stations etc by irate people who thought I was a male :lol: Then I casually pointed to my [rather small] tits :excl:

and they say whoops, sorry :blush:

More google-androgenes...

Butchies-04-04.jpg

More google-androgenes...

Butchies-04-04.jpg

THE BUTCHIES!!!!! <333333

(((love.them)))

check out their music if you haven't already. :D

another image i took not so long ago:

stagnation__06_25_2008_by_jonathanox.jpg

Wow adiaphora, awesome photo!!!!

thanks!

i've been getting back into self-portraiture again.

and this thread is definitely inspirational! :D

and on the topic of androgynous musicians..

GIRLYMAN!

they seriously are a mixture of what i think are the most amazing things all rolled into one. they have a mellow and upbeat and harmony-driven folky sound.. similar to the indigo girls but with a distinct sound that's completely their own. their first couple albums were actually on amy ray's personal record label, daemon records. i saw them live not too long ago and it was one of the best concerts i've been to!! <3333

Girlyman.JPG

himynameis!

i wish i could pull of androgyny! it looks great when done right, but sadly, my figure does not allow such things );

to add to the musicians thing, i think Patrick Wolf can sometimes be pretty androgynous

example:

A79DJP.jpg

91aab75890a20d92eb281173a597f276.jpg

DaniTheGirl

So, I know earlier there was some fashion advice going around, and I was wondering if anyone would have any for me...

I have smallish (34b) breasts, a small waist with proportionatly wide hips. I often go braless, especially in the summer, wearing a tank top instead or just saying screw it, but I feel like that draws more attention to my breasts not less...and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on making small boobs go away; ideally I would like to be flat-chested. Is there a good (comfortable) way to bind them, or a company that makes bras meant to pull you flat...etc?

It's not my goal to look like a guy or masculine, jut not-feminine and, as others have said above, non-conventional. I do not buy into American/western ideals of female beauty. I do enjoy wearing sundresses in the summer, but I think that's more my sercret desire to just go naked :-D

Thanks...

(oh: favorite androgyny icons would have to be D. Bowie, L-word's Shane and while I'm not hugely into the Matrix I have been in love with Switch since I first saw it :-D)

this is me:

n53600750_30526394_9765.jpg

right now my hair is shoulder-length, and I am torn between getting it styled to look like Gwyneth Paltrow's in "A Perfet Muder" and shaving it off again

(this is also me, shortly after the release of V for Vendetta):

n53600750_30616633_1210.jpg

!!!:cake:!!!

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on making small boobs go away; ideally I would like to be flat-chested. Is there a good (comfortable) way to bind them, or a company that makes bras meant to pull you flat...etc?

It's not my goal to look like a guy or masculine, jut not-feminine and, as others have said above, non-conventional. I do not buy into American/western ideals of female beauty. I do enjoy wearing sundresses in the summer, but I think that's more my sercret desire to just go naked :-D

Thanks...

Try getting an unshaped sports bra, possibly a size too small (sorry don't have a company name, I have one like that, but no brand name on it). It doesn't quite work for me, I'm a tad too shapely up there, but it would probably work for you.

n53600750_30616633_1210.jpg

!!! :cake: !!!

Oooooo.. :cake: for you indeed. I've rarely seen a haircut that kicks ass this much!!!

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on making small boobs go away; ideally I would like to be flat-chested. Is there a good (comfortable) way to bind them, or a company that makes bras meant to pull you flat...etc?

well i'm not a girl and i don't know much about boobs 'n such, but my first thought was medical bonding tape. i think it's somewhat popular for that use in transgender communities.. not sure though.. and plus it comes in varying peach colors so it kinda might match the skin tone. i don't know if you've seen 'boys don't cry' but there is a scene in it where she uses that to bind her boobs (and it's what i used in my photograph to give an illusion of that).

and then my second thought was sport bras too. : )

arg, at my work they blocked facebook so i can't see your pictures since that's where they're linked from.. i'll have to wait until later this evening when i go home.

The Frog Bra by Title 9 is quite popular with people wishing to reduce boob size. I know many people that use it or have used it. I have one.

http://www.titlenine.com/jump.jsp?itemType...amp;itemID=2166

As one of our testers said, "It's almost like not having breasts at all. Well almost." Warning: major masher bra.

What I love is when somebody else walks into the washroom, they stumble, get a sort of confused look, and ask, "Am I in the right bathroom?" Of course, this has mostly stopped now that I've grown my hair out, but there are such found memories...cough, cough.

i wonder if the ridiculously intriguing devendra banhart would qualify as androgynous??

dv.jpg

dfe9_1.JPG

and i think the beautiful ellen page can be rather androgynous too!!

Yeps. And in part due to her wardrobe.

juno_l.jpgcp-oscarnoms2.jpg

And, Cate Blanchett (as Bob Dylan):

blanchett.jpgsm_toddhaynes.jpg

Whoever was talking about smooshing boobs ... avoid Ace bandages as those tighten with movement and cause water to rest on the lungs and even the ribcage to deform if left on for too many hours a day. You can either use a too small sports bra, a binder (such as Underworks or T-kingdom), a neoprene waist trimmer wrapped around your chest, or even spandex shorts cut and modified into a binder (stick your arms through the leg holes and cut out a hole in the crotch for your head).

Archived