Gender Aptitude  

1. 1. Your result

• Gender Freak (0 - 60)
    • Gender Outlaw (61 - 100)
    • Gender Novice (101 - 175)
    • Well Gendered (176 - 235)
    • Captain Kirk (236 - 255)

This poll is closed to new votes

I couldn't finish the test. I've done a lot of online quizzes in my time, but in terms of providing a representative list of possible answers this one is one of the worst. Probably half of the questions didn't list any answers I would have picked.

^ That. I couldn't even answer question 2. If there had been simple yes/no answers I could have finished it.

Some of the questions were odd and irrelevant and some I wouldn't have picked any. But I got 73 - Gender Outlaw anyway which seems right since I consider myself Androgynous.

I got 75...so that means Gender Outlaw. I think that sounds about right...

107, though this gender stuff isn't new to me at all. I consider myself not to have a gender. :P

• 2 weeks later...
tomboy4life

56. I think Im strange. I hate being female, but I dont want to be male. I dont dress in guys stuff, but I am often pretty androgonis in clothing. I am a total tomboy too and feel actaly ashamed if I ever feel or think anything typicly female.

86 -> gender outlaw

I don't feel either woman or man and I don't intuitively separate other people in 'woman' or 'man' groups (I usually think of other people as 'persons'). Also, most of my co-students think of me as a tomboy :)

I really wish I had a less feminine silhouette (not so broad hips) so I could go for the androgynous look :rolleyes:

However, some of the questions only had options where it was assumed you had/have sex (not-applicable to me)

Solodancer1

I couldn't find an email address, which irritated me. I had plenty to say.

I was going to offer to improve the test by adding choices. Such as: I like it

e) when no one is here but me.

If someone is flirting with me, I

e) wish they hadn't had to ruin such a nice evening doing that.

When a shopkeeper says, "Can I help you, sir," I

e) reply, "Yeah, I was looking for pastries." If my voice isn't a giveaway I guess he just doesn't care what I am. I'm buying stuff, not marrying the guy.

qecantilles

I scored a 186, but I didn't think it was a very good test.

Ankh Ascendant

I scored a 78, Gender Outlaw. The test made me laugh and I wish I could have picked more of the flamboyant D.O.A.-type answers ^_^ But i did pretty well... also my perceptions section got me a pretty high score, so I guess I'm Freak-tastic without viewing others that way. Oh well.

I've never thought much about it, except when I read a biography on a movie star from the 20s whose name I couldn't remember; she wasn't described as straight or gay but 'queer', and that's what I realized there were other options ^^; It would be hard for me to pass for a guy because of my figure and boobs, but I don't pay much attention anyway. Apparently "No Gender" encompasses apathy or ambivalence about the concept and identification of gender as well.

I did notice a long section of questions that could be a problem... the part where it was asking "If you fell for a [insert sexuality] [insert sex]"... I had to say 'curious, curious, curious' for all of them, because I don't fall for people at all, so I would be curious, but not necessarily in a genderless way.

I got 87 - Gender Outlaw. As for my personal gender identity, well I've never actually felt male or female, or even androgynous. I'd rather just have no gender.

On the test I think my score was probably effected by the fact I had to compromise on some of the questions, like some of the ones about straight and gay men and women hitting on you. I picked nervous for all the ones I could, but I had to settle for other answers for some of them when nervous would have been right.

Exactly like me. I got 87 too.

I'm always been OK with living as a biological woman. But I've never really understood what it means to "feel like a woman" though I know I'm one.

BTW, I've been interested in K. Bornstein's book for a long time but haven't yet read it. Her (hir?) theories seem very interesting and eye-opening though somewhat eccentric and perhaps not always connected to social reality.

Ankh Ascendant
I couldn't finish the test. I've done a lot of online quizzes in my time, but in terms of providing a representative list of possible answers this one is one of the worst. Probably half of the questions didn't list any answers I would have picked.

I think the problem with this test is like a lot of others... instead of giving answers the whole population can choose from and giving categorization based on that, they give answers for one of four main categories and then assume people will fit into one of them, or mangle their answers until they do. Hardly scientific of them, but hopefully nobody takes tests like that too seriously.

60 Gender Freak/borderline Gender Outlaw

Like most others, i had trouble with this test, b/c my natural reaction to some of the questions wasn't really close to any of the options.

For example:

Are there things you can do in the world because of your gender that others can't do because of theirs?
My natural reaction to this question is 'Huh?', b/c i don't really understand what the question is asking.

I identify as genderfluid/genderqueer, and i usually see others as a spectrum of gender.

Haha, wow, 113. Gender novice.

I feel like a failure somehow... :lol:

Seien Hananosei

Most of the questions seemed to be directed at mtf (male-to-female) transgendered people, and some of them weren't asexy-friendly, and some of them weren't relevant..... But I finished it.

41 was my score. Yay, Neutrois for the win. ^_^ I am a Gender Freak!

Seien Hananosei
56. I think Im strange. I hate being female, but I dont want to be male. I dont dress in guys stuff, but I am often pretty androgonis in clothing. I am a total tomboy too and feel actaly ashamed if I ever feel or think anything typicly female.

Oh, I get that, too. The ashamed of typically female stuff. It's like I have this sort of masculine pride or something. XD

Add me to the list of people who couldn't finish it - too many of the questions didn't have answers I wanted to choose, so I just gave up on it.

...I now want to call everyone 'honey' though - I think her style is somewhat contagious. :lol:

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

"Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-bin/SurveyShow.pl was not found on this server."

when I try to take it :(

• 3 weeks later...

The link doesn't work anymore... :-(

In the test neto linked to, are they really using "gender" and "sex" interchangeably? :blink:

Archived