Confusion.

geekalious

I've never really been a sexual person. I was at one point, but it died down, like a my phase with drinking raw eggs...I had sex...once. Not pleasant, and the cat jumped on top of us.

I just didn't like men, so I briefly flirted with the concept of being a lesbian or bi-sexual. It seemed completely possible, I didn't like cock....and I was a girl....volia! Lesbian! No. Girls are lovely, they are beautiful, but just as beautiful as guys were. I shruged my shoulders and decided I was just a teen, you know "just plain sexual"....

Drifting in and out of relationship I've decided I love the concept of dating, the love and romance, that's all fine and dandy, but I like it better in a book. I works out and I'm not replused by the person after two weeks. People really don't strike my fancy. Obviously answers popped in and out of my head, I must be going through a bad period of time, you know, a ::dryspell:: By accident I found this place (biology research can land you the oddest sites) I was going to have a good joke by reading your FAQ section, but in the process, it sounded like me.

I have a boyfriend, we kiss, that's fine and dandy, it's nice to have a single person love you a bit more the the rest of your friends....but I'm not sexually attracted in the the...."OMG, I must fuck you, I need sex!!" way.

I'm not saying I'm asexual, of homosexual, or bisexual, or hetrosexual, or just plain sexual. I'd just like to sort out a few things and figure out what the hell I am. So, figuring you probably are sorting or are sorted out I figure you can help. And if I'm not asexual, I'm sure that's cool, and if I am that's great too. I'm just tired of being the weird kid who doesn't like sex and want to know who I am.

Thanks for listening,

Caroline.

Hey.

Perhaps it is not so much who you are that is causing the confusion, but the poverty of our language and thought constructs when faced with certain realities.

Anyway, hope you find this is a good place to sort things out on your journey to you.

boa

VivreEstEsperer

Hi Caroline!

Welcome to the board. Yes, you're right, we're all trying to figure out who we are (some have reached more advanced stages than other). You came to the right place. Read a few posts and descriptions and see if you think it applies to you, feel free to jump in and ask questions whenever you feel like it, and good luck at constructing an identity for yourself (that's what I call it anyway, just picking thru the pieces of information available to you and saying, I like that, that fits me, no that doesnt fit me, etc.)

I do think everybody has to do the same thing at least when they first come to this board, figure out who they are. (I still am!)

so make yourself at home :) -

Kate

Hi Caroline,

Welcome to the board.

"I've decided I love the concept of dating, the love and romance, that's all fine and dandy, but I like it better in a book. I works out and I'm not replused by the person after two weeks."

I like it when people don't mix up love and romance with sexual attraction. It seems when people involve the two they become intrinsically a part of eachother and then appear inseparable. When people are suffering a broken heart are they caught up in being horny ? Are they suffering because they are in desperate need of sex??? I don't think so..when people say they are lonely, do they mean they are horny? Perhaps, but I'm willing to bet not always. We yearn for something, and just because we make sex a part of it, doesn't mean that it can't exist without it. So there is hope. I think anyone can benefit from this page, sexual, asexual, homosexual, bisexual, omnisexual ;)

Your fellow geek,

Kiuku

Archived