Love at first sight?

Asevela

Love at first sight?  

1. 1. Do you believe in love at first sight?

• Am asexual and believe in it
    • Am asexual and don't believe in it
    • Am asexual and used to believe in it, but don't anymore
    • Am asexual and didn't believe in it, but do now
    • Am sexual and believe in it
    • Am sexual and don't believe in it
    • Am sexual and used to believe in it, but don't anymore
    • Am sexual and didn't believe in it, but do now

This poll is closed to new votes

Asexual and believe in it. Happened to me once and it actually turned into something afterwards so yeah I believe in some cases it can happen

I believe in unrequited love at first sight. It happened to me. It's a heartbreaking feeling, in case you wanted to know. -_- I don't know about reciprocated love at first sight though.

DarthBismarck

I've never been one to intentionally stand with the crowd, merely where my own opinion puts me. But, as is the case sometimes, I wind up right alongside the crowd.

I can believe in (for sexys, anyway) infatuation at first sight, lust at first sight, and "I wonder is s/he's seeing someone right now" at first sight. Love at first sight? Sorry - I've always enjoyed reading fiction, but some things are too far out of line to be thought of realistically.

Ankh Ascendant
I've never been one to intentionally stand with the crowd, merely where my own opinion puts me. But, as is the case sometimes, I wind up right alongside the crowd.

I can believe in (for sexys, anyway) infatuation at first sight, lust at first sight, and "I wonder is s/he's seeing someone right now" at first sight. Love at first sight? Sorry - I've always enjoyed reading fiction, but some things are too far out of line to be thought of realistically.

Exactly.

There's a popular song that I don't know the name of, the there's a speaking part where she says "That's me, always falling in and out of love." Ugh. That makes me angry, kind of ^^;... I'm A-S, A-R, but I still think love exists, and you cannot fall into it that quickly. So lust, yes, infatuation, yes, love, no.

• 9 months later...
I believe more in infatuation at first sight.

Sexuals get infatuated at first sight sometimes. To me love is something else. It takes time

• 3 months later...
SilverCandleKid

you should have added the option "i am asexual and believe in it, but don't experience it." i'm demiromantic, so i can't experience love at first sight, but i think it's possible that others might.

Hmm, it looks like I'm in the minority. ("Am asexual and didn't believe in it, but do now")

I don't know if I'd call it "love" at first sight, though... Personally I tend to be very choosy about when and where I use that word, but I have experienced meeting someone and immediately knowing that we were going to get along fantastically (which eventually led into a relationship).

I think lust at first sight is more likely for sexuals (but who knows, it could be both lust and love at the same time).

I used to say love at first sight was not possible. But I voted yes, because, although I have not fallen in love at first sight, I have felt there is something absolutely and extraordinary special about someone when I first saw them. Love has followed afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

"No such thing as love at first sight" is practically my daily prayer after reading Romeo & Juliet.

I used to believe in it the way a child believes in Santa Claus. I was told it existed, I believed it existed, though I never experienced it, or knew anyone who experienced it. Now I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist, not love at first sight.

I agree with those who say lust, infatuation, even physical attraction at first sight, yes, - but love I believe takes more than just "sight". I believe it's possible to feel a connection with someone quickly - because of similar viewpoints or life experiences, for example. But I think love goes deeper and takes time to develop.

iamnotforever

I used to believe it, but watched too many of my friends fall out of "love" because it was just lust.

Archived