Love and Asexuality

Euney

I found the posts on companionship poignant. We do need the same emotional attachments and it is hard in that way. I would like to be with someone who also was not into sex. That may be hard to find. Or it may NOT be hard to find. There are many people that cannot have sex but are too afraid to say so. And with the incredible stats on STD's you can bet that there will be a whole generation practially that will be sterile in a matter of years.....So maybe we just need to wait and see.

Bye all. Insomnia is starting to wear off finally......

Euney

I use to be like that, till I took my first "business trip" I was sitting in the hotel watching the news and thinking about how great this job is. I don't have to pay for the room or my meals, man I'm going to like the Navy right? Then it hits me, when I go hme it's going to be just like this. no one to talk to. No one to tell about my trip, no one to welcome me home. Real lonly, just when does the job end and the privet life begain? That's when I decied that I would like to have some one else around.

get a cat. or an imaginary friend.

(j/k)

actually, i do like the single life. observing my parent's marriage for the last 21 years has taught me that much.

I so regognise that Orpheus..

Sometimes I'd just want someone around. So that I'd not eat alone again, not watch tv alone again, wake up in an empty house, come home in an empty house....

I think single life (at least mine) is not fun. :(

don't get me wrong, cause i have moments where i want someone around, too. but i've always been a person who gets turned off by romance (don't ask me why, it just makes me sick), & the idea of getting involved that seriously w/ someone amkes me question if i'm ready to give up the single life just to make someone happy. cause i already know how i'm gonna be affected in that situation, & it won't be for the better, i can tell you that.

& yes, i have been in a situation similar to this (no, not the asshole), so i can speak from experience.

I like the single life too, but it has to many downsides, like the one mentioned above. Somtimes you just need a friend.

oh. well in that case, friends are ok. i have those. i also have 2 miniature bottles of bacardi ciclon that are sitting untouched in my room. & an empty mini bottle of kahlua royal cream that i just finished off. & my free style legos.

man, i need a job.

I am with Orpheus and Euney on this one. I want people in my life. I am not a complete loner and most of my loner inclinations have been the result of the constant rejection on many levels by a society that needs sex. this is not a bad thing ( but can be quite painful).

There was another post about reclusiveness that I never answered. Yea I'm a bit of a recluse as the result of my need to avoid an over sexualized society, and a society I feel for the most part does not value what I value. .. People I can't relate to, who also can't relate to me (yet). This is a good thing, I feel, as I have learned to maximize the good effects of being alone. I know myself and am comfortable in my own thoughts as a result of being alone...experiencing life and having the time to reflect...not caught up in the problems of other people. Solitude has brought me that. I love solitude dearly, and I think that if I found a companion with common interests, they would too. So they would honor my need for alone time, to do things on my own, go places on my own. I don't believe I would have to sacrifice anything enjoyable I have from the "single life". I would love to have someone to share experiences with, reflect on life with, and get to know on a spiritual level. So yes, I would love to have an asexual companion, a confidant, in my life. I have come close to this in some of my friendships, but unfortunately, time passes.

Yours in the quest for the good life,

Kiuku

i think the idea of me finding anyone to be in a relationship died after high school, mainly because guys down here are so into themselves & the idea of getting laid that they pretend to be understanding & respectful of how a woman chooses to live her life that they strike when the iron is hot.

either they pretend to be asexual, or they pretend to be humane, i'm not sure which one it is, but i think that the fucking south beach atmosphere gets to them & they tend to think more w/ their ***** than w/ their minds.

i know i'm not making any sense right now, but if you lived down here, you would understand. basically, there is no such thing as a respect down here, considering the fact that men in miami think that all women are friggin hookers. for God's sake, i've been on the defensive since i was 6 years old!!!

I'd be okay with marriage, but the idea of being trapped in a house with one damn anoying person kinda frightens me....It sounds like living with your parents! EEK! :o

I really enjoy being single (reminding myself of my last 'relationship' helps ;)), but at the same time, I can feel the desire to find a confidante, someone that I can get to know as much as possible about and be around for a long, long time. In other words, more than friends, but no physical relationship. I have only met 1-2 people who feel like that out of literally thousands here (in Ann Arbor), so . . ., but the desire is still there. Hope everyone finds that which they desire. ^_^

VivreEstEsperer

Talking to yourself rules :) I've developed that skill over several years... it's quite handy sometimes...lol.

Kate

Hehe, I know all about talking to myself. I was doing that the other night at work, I was in the dishroom, and since we were short of people I was (once again) doing a two man job alone. So I got bord and just started talking to myself. One of the chefs came back there and got after me, but what's the proble, the other guy is usaly singing. After I mentioed that they said i should sing, and then the chef remebers that I'm into techno and says that I probobly can't sing that. I proved him wrong, I was all "domdomdomdom" for a god 20 minutes. :D

*lmao*

Go Orpheus!

Nns nns nns! :D

singing techno is always fun, especially something with really crazy lyrics like the resonance remix of Bjork's headphones (which merely repeats the line "I like this resonance" for 3-4 minutes straight) or happy hardcore. *snicker*

OMG OMG OMG i got a few happy hardcore songs too best music ever takes u to new heights when under the influence :)

Trance and teho also rule.

I liek rock when sober but for soem reason not when high :)

Alex

"always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut."

i listen to rock music when i'm drunk/sober. personally, i don't see the difference.

Rock pumps me up but when i get high i get very lazy don't wanan move i day dream well i daydream everyday all the time i got an amazing imagination but when drugs do it it is amplified by a lot. Trance is easier SOME techno also but depends see if i do acid I like energetic music more so rock is ok but on weed or shrooms or even salvia rock simply won't do it heh dunno why :/

Alex

I think everybody likes rock. I listen to rock and country on the radio, but I have almost no CDs. All my CDs are flamecno and techno, and even some tecnho-flamenco!!! I don't have many country or rock CDs because I hear it all the time on the radio.

good reason not to buy CDs.

I have punk and old stuff on CDs, things they don't play on the radio, obscure things like White Town (YAY!!!) or anime soundtracks (I have like 4 Utena CDs, yay)... but most of my cds are in storage right now. *cries*

The rest I have on my computer. ¬¬ I have just about everything.

hmm, doses.

:mrgreen:

:o

Country music?

:o

*screams and runs away*

*returnes with a bazooka*

Um yeah heard there was a country concert in town can anyone point me to the building where it is being held plz?

:D

Alex

YOU HAVE WHITE TOWN, TOO?!?! :shock: COOL!!!

anyway...

i remember when hanson came to miami a few years ago. i formulated a plan w/ my friends to go to the arena where they were gonna be & call from a payphone saying that there was a bomb in the building. i wanted to see if the band would be stupid enough to come out w/ the crowd, so that way my friends & i could take them out.........

then we just got bored w/ the whole idea...

Archived