another newbie here

Kiuku

Hey guys. I've been reading and posting for a couple days and I have to say you are all great, wonderful people! I'm glad to have found this site. What a great idea this website is and the layout is really nice too, so props to the webmaster; AVENguy you've done a great job here.

It is a great thing for me to be able to participate in the forward movement of the asexual community, having been asexual my whole life. I know what it's like to be without support and let me tell you what a relief it is to see like-minded people gathering together with the same agenda in mind: promoting awareness of asexuality.

There was a time when I thought people were exaggerating and dramatic in their sexual actions and their lusts for eachother. I truly believed that these desires and emotions did not at all exist but was only a product of mass media brainwashing; that lust was an idea that only existed in the intellect and that people's lives must have really been empty if genital pleasure was a driving force and was able to fulfill them in the manner they portrayed. After a while I began to realize, through my own discussions with people about my sexuality (or lack thereof) and theirs, that there was more to the sexual mind than just their genital stimulations and there I realized my own differences and, therefore, faulty assumptions.

I think this is exactly what happens when something is unimaginable and I think that is what is going on with sexual people when they think of asexuality. It is something unimaginable to them, so we become the broken products of orthodox religion, bad parenting, or abuse. It isn't until they listen to us and we gain more awareness that there will be understanding..or atleast acceptance.

So this is a truly great thing you are all doing here. Keep up the good work. I hope to see more of your thoughts in the days to come. :)

yours on the road to acceptance,

Kiuku

VivreEstEsperer

Hi Kiuku! Welcome to the board. yeah, i have noticed and appreciated your postings over the last few days.

I LOVE how you put that ! Ha yeah I can never really imagine people doing it either it just seems so unnatural to me. Like Movie of the Week stuff! lol.

Kate

I enjoyed your "I thought people were exaggerating and dramatic in their sexual actions and their lusts for eachother" paragraph. Lol, since that seems to be the logical conclusion to make.

Nice to meet you (I haven't been around at all the last couple of days).

It's a newbie invasion!!

Like everyone else said, I completely agree with the second paragraph you posted. Or was it the third? Bah, you know which one I'm talking about.

Hehe I've noticed all the new members had a nice, big detailed story about themselves. It made me think of the message I posted to introduce myself in the first place which consisted of something like "Hi, I'm new :)" . . . Hehe I need to be more creative. I think I only got two replies. I am so unloved *cries* But then again, there wasn't as many people here back then, but why the hell am I saying all this now? :P

To cut things short, WELCOME :) I hope you enjoy it here. We have been troll free so far, which means that sexual people aren't aware of us hehe.

((((((Kiuku))))))

Pleased to meet you mate. I like the way you worded that and gave me lots to think about.

See you around I hope. I have decided to spend a lot more time here from now on.......

More and more newbies, my god it's like SPace Invaders, Newbie Invaders!!!! But it's a good thing. Welcome to AVEN oh insightfull one. (I really liked your post)

Hi everyone, Good to find this site indeed.

I have lots of exploring to do and I'm proud to have found my personal peace, not by being pigeonholed into being gay/top/bottom - such dull concepts are

not for me. I am Asexual and gay with a small g and thanks to finding my own courage I have now support from my

Dr and hospital who are supporting me

and monitoring my health as I use ant-androgens to block sexual function totally.

I hope I have found a supportive home here. My Gay male partner gives me

constant support, even though it can seem confusing.

Wow What a warm welcome! Thanks guys :)

My day is now officially good ;)

Kate: I'm very excited about your book idea. I think that is awesome and it will be great. I also liked some of the titles being thrown around but it is also good not get too weighed down by the details just yet.. tends to flush out the inspiration behind the idea. That's happened to a few projects of mine, so Let me think it over for a couple days and see if I come up with anything that you guys like. Maybe put in some references to admirable (or infamous) characters in history that were or may have been asexuals...who knows. :)

Nemesis: nice meeting you, too. I've always liked your posts, especially that pic you have up. What is it from?? There is something very inspiring about it. She has got this smart look on her face as if she is gazing at some lame-o going "what the fuck". You can almost invision a mental smirk there that is great. She is intelligent and she knows it. Very cool.

Orpheus: Great name!! I have a feeling you are a bit of a comedian in real life. Your succinct style is refreshing, so keep posting.

Yea Gorax, just goin with the flow. Go ahead and post your detailed story for us now if you like..no time like the present :) ..."Hi I'm Gorax .. since I began solving the Einstein puzzle I've become more and more asexual" hehe, ok tough crowd. Well I'm sure with your whopping 90 posts (maybe i'll get there some day hehe), Gorax, everyones got a good idea of who you are and where you stand. As for the trolls, well, I always enjoy when they come around message boards because they usually end up supporting our point. I read a post from a little while back from that "Nom" character. Very interesting...For a guy who allegedly cares less what society thinks of him and his sexuality, he sure did a lot of defending and clarifying of himself here on the board. He sure did get quite defensive when he thought he wasn't appropriately understood..in fact, all he did was explain himself. hahaha

Hats: "I have spoken to lots of Online buddies in this last 12 months and a lot of them have said that they really aren't into sex that much and when I say "don't do it then if you don't want to" they say "yeah but my friends will think I'm weird" and I actually got to wondering if there maybe are lots more of us lot about but people need to feel a part of something and accepted so they go along with everyone else, no matter how miserable it makes them........"

I think you may be on to something here. I nearly laughed out loud when I read Uzumaki's reply to that (damn cynics), but you very well might be on to something.

See you all around, and good luck Cosmos. :)

VivreEstEsperer

ooh more posts here that I hadnt read. thanks for the "shoutout" Kiuku:)

Kate

Hello, Kiuku, and welcome! Sorry for the belated reply, but I haven't been here in a few days. *squeaks*

"...people's lives must have really been empty if genital pleasure was a driving force and was able to fulfill them in the manner they portrayed. "

You know, as I read that, it looked an awful lot like one of my thoughts. *blinks* I find the idea of having sex both disturbing and repulsive. But, yeah, welcome to the board!

Archived