Black ring

fonfeluch

Unofficial sign of asexuality  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Did you know that black ring on the middle finger of your right hand is an unofficial sign of asexuality?

• Yes, i knew it.
    • Nope, but now i know:) (...maybe i am newbie)
  2. 2. Do You like the idea of black ring?

• Yes, i like the idea of black ring
    • I dont like the idea of black ring, i would like something else being a symbol of asexuality and i have written my suggestion below
  3. 3. Fonfeluch made a mistake and wrote that it is middle finger of right hand, whereas it is not like that

• Nope, fonfeluch is right
    • Yes, Fonfeluch have made a mistake, but i have written below what is correct

This poll is closed to new votes

557323317.jpg

I have read that black ring on the middle finger of right hand is an unofficial sign of asexuality. I wonder if that sign is recognizable among us:)

take care,

fonfeluch

i would like to add that not every asexual, who have decided to wear black ring, wears it on the middle finger of right hand, as Shockvaves wrote in a post somewhere below http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?sho...st&p=855343 :)

once again take care,

fonfeluch

I think the black would be taken by others as a symbol of mourning. I would much rather celebrate my asexuality with a purple one. :cake: ;)

I think the black would be taken by others as a symbol of mourning. I would much rather celebrate my asexuality with a purple one. :cake: ;)

I always saw purple as the color for gay people.

I like it, I just don't think it would work very well because a lot of people like to wear black rings on their middle finger.

I dont like the idea of black ring, i would like something else being a symbol of asexuality and i have written my suggestion below

Nothing.

I'd heard of the black ring and I've been looking for one to buy.

But I like the idea of the purple ring better... I think rainbow is more traditionally gay than purple

I've heard about it but I refuse to wear a ring on that finger because of the negative connotations it has for me.

In the type of palmistry that I studied, the middle finger (finger of Saturn) is associated with the balance between the conscious and subconscious parts of the mind, and a person who emphasizes that finger by decorating it is showing that they have a lot of energy devoted to dealing with that area of their life. It is often associated with some form of mental illness or instability.

(This is from the very "olden" days when I used to read palms, so it isn't scientific by any means, but it is still sticking with me and affecting the way that I see certain things.)

-GB

Yes and yes.

I am always wearing my ring, it's kinda black/metallic, I have been looking for a pure black ring since I heard that it is a symbol for asexuals, but I haven't been able to find any yet.

Don't think anyone would get it though, because everything I wear is black, so I guess it just looks like something that would go well with the rest of my style.

I was wondering where you heard about the black ring on the right hand middle finger? I don't know what color we asexuals could agree on.

Black rings were suggested about three or four years ago, we didn't decide on a specific finger though. I have a black and purple ring I sometimes wear on the ring finger of my right hand.

I was wondering where you heard about the black ring on the right hand middle finger? I don't know what color we asexuals could agree on.

i dont rememer the localisation over aven forum, but if you search posts you will surely find, it is not my invention:)

I vaugely remember the post about hte middle finger... various fingers mean various relationship statuses and someone determined that middle means permenently single... I have no idea where the post was, unfortunately

I like my black ring. I now feel naked without it.

I dont like the idea of black ring, i would like something else being a symbol of asexuality and i have written my suggestion below

Nothing.

That's my view as well.

CrazyCatLover

My ring shattered the other day. My finger feels empty now. I need to get a new ring.

I also don't the finger should really matter that much, my that's just my opinion.

Hm, I've been away for too long. This is a really neat idea, and I'd love to participate. I'm a huge fan of displaying rings and other little things that have hidden meaning to large groups of people. That, and I'm currently sporting no rings at all. Yeah, definitely going to get something black/purple for my right ring finger.

Eh, I thought pink is for them. and for asexuals, why not 'green + silver', that's my favourite heehee~

in fact i don't like the black ring idea. i don't fancy jewellery.

Prefers Pie

Eh, I thought pink is for them. and for asexuals, why not 'green + silver', that's my favourite heehee~

in fact i don't like the black ring idea. i don't fancy jewellery.

Well, yeah. They only took the whole stinkin' rainbow! Why do they get to appropriate ALL the colors? :angry:

'green + silver' :D :twisted: kekekeke!

uilleann_pipes_girl

I have a black ring, but my fingers are so thick it won't fit on the middle one of either hand. I wear it either on my right ring finger or left thumb, which are the only fingers it'll fit.

i don't think i need the ring. it seems like everyone can tell around me, even when i don't tell them.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I was around when it first came up (as far as memory goes) Personally I won't do it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd personally prefer something less gloomy than a black ring, perhaps a wristband thats like, green and yellow, for thats just neat.

I won't do it, because if people asked me what it is, I wouldn't want to answer, particularly concerning my parents.

Guest the_random_squirrel

*wears black hematite rings on her right middle finger*

i find it easier to wear this to signify my asexuality, but no one (other than other A's) knows what it means. i really want to get some of the asexy stuff from the store, but i can't because my parents don't know about it and i want to avoid an awkward conversation :(

but black rings are cool :)

i really want to get some of the asexy stuff from the store, but i can't because my parents don't know about it and i want to avoid an awkward conversation :(

That's what PO boxes are for :)

I don't like any of the stuff in the store. I'd kind of like to have an incredibly vague shirt or something though.

I like the idea of a black ring (and wear one in between shattering them...) because few people will question it, unless they know.

I'd heard of it and have been looking around for one, but no luck thus far. Annoying.

I don't find rings comfortable but I'm willing to give a black-and-purple ring a try.

Perhaps someone on AVEN could find a supplier and buy a bulk lot, and sell them individually?

theimpossiblek

I just got a hematite ring for $2 last week. I prefer wearing it on the middle finger of my left hand thought. Kind of a subliminal "Is she engaged...Nope! Permanently single!" Well, taken from what others have said, at least. ^_^

Archived