What do you guys think of hickeys/love bites?

yay

Hallucigenia
so not everybody with a visible hickey is purposely making themselves look promiscuous, just so you know.

I mentioned that, but that's how everyone associates them. I've heard a couple "I'm a virgin" "But the hickey!" type conversations.

Really? That's kinda sad. Oh well.

*is a virgin, has had hickeys on multiple occasions, but doesn't go out of her way to let people see them...*

concealed hickeys sound nice in theory. like a little reminder or secret that you and your lover alone share. highly visible hickeys that are displayed as a "badge of glory" are juvenile at best.

They are juvenile when displayed like that. You are correct. I never got one, never gave one. What do I think of them? Naaaaahhhhhh.... too grade school. :P

CrazyCatLover

My response to hickeys is basically one big "huh?" with my head tilted to the side and my mouth open like an idiot. I just don't "get" 'em...

SpirallingSnowy

Ok im guilty of giving a recieving hickeys :P

It depends on how its done, or who it is that doing it and where it is, i spose. And ive had people beg me to give them a hickey.... My fave one was my friend and i were sitting in the backseat of a mates car with a male friend in the middle and on the count of three we both gave him a hickey on his back just to be a bitch lol..... no meaning to it what so ever though... so sometimes its just to be annoying and leave a mark on your friend :D

Archived